American Standard Strat

DirectionOfTheEyeDirectionOfTheEye Posts: 40
edited February 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was looking around today and I found an american standard strat for 300 bucks off. It was fiesta red and the front of the headstock had the same finish as the body did. Does anybody know why it had this? The fender website doesn't show fiesta red as being a standard colour for the strat and none of the headstocks are finished like that either. Also, I have an '03 highway 1, would it really be worth while to upgrade? I'm thinking it might be too similar to what I have and not much more of a quality boost. Any opinions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    If you dig it, buy it! I have a Sunburst 2006 American Series Strat, and it will be with me until the day I die!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • As far as I remember they put out a special edition with matching headstocks last year. Don't know if fiesta red was among the colors offered, though.
    I too would say that you should go with your gut feeling. If you like it and have the spare money, go for it. As far as quality goes, there are pretty good Highway 1s out there. That's probably something you could only figure out by playing them both and comparing them directly.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Guitars are fun... If you have the extra cash and dig it, why not?

Although I'm not buying a Strat for a while... Maybe a Tele.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I got an 08 Strat and it's pretty awesome.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    i got an SRV strat which is based off a US Strat, and i can also attest that they are awesome :D

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • I was looking around today and I found an american standard strat for 300 bucks off. It was fiesta red and the front of the headstock had the same finish as the body did. Does anybody know why it had this? The fender website doesn't show fiesta red as being a standard colour for the strat and none of the headstocks are finished like that either. Also, I have an '03 highway 1, would it really be worth while to upgrade? I'm thinking it might be too similar to what I have and not much more of a quality boost. Any opinions?

Strats are awesome if you have the money then you should upgrade. :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • I have an American Vintage 57 Strat and it's a great guitar. Got a good deal on it used, I'd check out kijiji or craigslist first if you're looking to upgrade.
    This is not for you...
    Speaking as a child of the nineties
  • "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    i just saw an ad in a guitar mag for the Am Standard- i didnt realise they have 4 pickups. In the photo there are two side by side at the bridge position
    Has this always been the case or is it a new addition?
  • savman wrote:
    i just saw an ad in a guitar mag for the Am Standard- i didnt realise they have 4 pickups. In the photo there are two side by side at the bridge position
    Has this always been the case or is it a new addition?
    That's a humbucker.
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Nah they were single coil?
    I did some more research - think they are called fat strats? But didnt know they came as american standards?
  • savman wrote:
    Nah they were single coil?
    I did some more research - think they are called fat strats? But didnt know they came as american standards?
    It LOOKS like two single coils together, it's really just an uncovered humbucker:) Take the silver or gold thing off a les paul pickup, and it looks the same (well, maybe black, or even zebra!)