In an alternate universe...what would life be like..

didntknowdidntknow Posts: 67
edited January 2010 in The Porch
if Pearl Jam never existed?..do you think you would be a different person now? would your life be different?..if yes, how....and why?
I am mine
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    well, there,d be no Pearl Jam with cats thread...
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    If Pearl Jam never existed? Whoa, I don't even want to think about that. :shock: Not just because then there'd be less awesome tunes to listen to, but because my life would be soooo different right now.

Of course, I can't know if things would be better, worse or similar to me. :think: But being a Pearl Jam fan has brought so many good things into my life.. It's pretty amazing. :mrgreen:

If Pearl Jam didn't exist:

- I probably wouldn't have travelled as much as I have now.
    - I would not have as many awesome friends as I have now.
    - I would have more money, probably. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    at the risk of sounding dramatic, there has been quite a few shitty things happen in my life over the last 20 years or so. and, i'm not joking when I say quite a few......

anyone one of them could have done me in,....... so yeah, my life would be much different without PJ.

it may have ended 10 or 15 years ago.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • what?????and how the hell i could have the chance to see BOOM??????,,,no way ,forget it!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Geez . . . who knows. But yes, I have thought 'bout it . . . I guarantee though, if Andy Wood had never died, I bet this forum would be an MLB one . . . and this thread would be about what life would be like if MLB never existed . . . .

You know, you just don't know. Things could have been better, things could have been worse, but I can honestly say that whether or not a band existed would not have the changed the course of my life too much . . . I would probably just have gone to 7 less concerts in my life.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Well it is thanks to PJ that I had knew other bands as well, so if in another alternate universe PJ never existed I'd probably be listening right know some shitty bands of the moment :(
    México 24/11/2011
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Actually it's the music of the Who that has got me through life and somewhat defines who I am as a person.

Pearl Jam is just an added benefit. :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    we all would have traveled a slightly different path in life. i don't think that path for the most part would be dramtically different. we might not have gone to bonaroo. we might not have met some people, but at the end of the day, you would have gone other places and met other people.

it sort of a dumb conversation to have since at the end of the day, this is the path our lives have taken. there is no changing history or doing a what if analysis on our lives because of a band.

well, what if The Who didn't exsist. What if hte Cubs won a WS. What if Ed's folks stayed together?

What if you got to the accident scene a few minutes sooner. you can't let what if drive your life, you will go crazy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    81 wrote:
    you can't let what if drive your life, you will go crazy.

Well put.

Nobody can say "Oooh if PJ never existed my life would have been worse/had no meaning/would have sucked" because if they didn't exist - you wouldn't know any better. You'd have nothing to compare your current life to.

You'd have no way of "knowing"' what you would have missed. There are billions and billions of scenarios that haven't transpired because of the way the universe has worked out - but we have no way of knowing what they would have been. Best to just take what life gives you and make the most of it.

It's pretty useless to speculate on how things might have been, plus I honestly don't think that whether or not a band existed would alter anyone's life dramatically, unless you are somehow directly involved with them at the moment......
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    You mean that "FoxyMop" or "Evacuation" would NEVER have Existed!!!...PMSL :P
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    no pearl jam = no fun :(
    it would be a boring alternate universe where I would be a lot more stressed out
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    If pj didnt exist you wouldn't know what you were missing would you? It Is when you have something nice and you loose it, it is then you realize what you had and how good it was.

If I lived in a different universe with no pj,I would probably have been into a band that existed ;) You form your life with what you can experience, so if only pj was missing in this universe I am sure I would be having another favourite, neil young :)

Now, if all pj music in this world + the band would magically dissapear one day, I would have missed it tons!
    I will swallow poison
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Niko80 wrote:
    If pj didnt exist you wouldn't know what you were missing would you? It Is when you have something nice and you loose it, it is then you realize what you had and how good it was.

If I lived in a different universe with no pj,I would probably have been into a band that existed ;) You form your life with what you can experience, so if only pj was missing in this universe I am sure I would be having another favourite, neil young :)

Now, if all pj music in this world + the band would magically dissapear one day, I would have missed it tons!

Creed Maybe?...or ***WORST***...Good Charlotte!...lol :lol:
  • sonyaf wrote:
    if Pearl Jam never existed?..do you think you would be a different person now? would your life be different?..if yes, how....and why?

how about u go first?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    eMMI wrote:

If Pearl Jam didn't exist:

- I probably wouldn't have travelled as much as I have now.
    - I would not have as many awesome friends as I have now.
    - I would have more money, probably. ;)

:lol:

i still would have traveled a lot, but probably not to some of the specific places i've visited. i definitely would have missed out on a lot of friends made. i most definitely would have more $$$. and wallspace. :mrgreen:

and you bet....there'd be a musical void in my life. i'd probably not even realize it existed, b/c let's face it....as much as i love pj, there still is a lot of other great music out in the world...but the void would exist none the less.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• sonyaf wrote:

how about u go first?

Nice. Very refreshing to be on a board of PJ fans and someone responds so negatively.

It was just a question to understand if other fans had felt the impact PJ had made on their lives was more significant than 'just listening to music'.

Really makes you not want to bother contributing to the board.
    I am mine
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    sonyaf wrote:

Nice. Very refreshing to be on a board of PJ fans and someone responds so negatively.

It was just a question to understand if other fans had felt the impact PJ had made on their lives was more significant than 'just listening to music'.

Really makes you not want to bother contributing to the board.

why focus on the negative?
    skip it, and read all the other posts that actually addressed your question.
    life is too short to give a shit about negativity on a message board.

it's a good thread topic, nice question to ponder. :)
    btw - i don't even see the post you quoted as negative, at all. they were simply asking you to share your own thoughts on the topic too, first or not. nothing wrong there...

just breathe...:)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow