Puffy, dark eyes?

Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
How do I get rid of these? I'm 17, and I've had dark, puffy circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember. I always look very tired, and some people even think I look stoned. I'm tired of looking like this all the time, so does anyone have an recommendations? I've already crossed off the cucumber slice thing, after reading it's only a temporary fix, so yeah.
Thanks EPOTTSIII!
"Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
424, xxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    How do I get rid of these? I'm 17, and I've had dark, puffy circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember. I always look very tired, and some people even think I look stoned. I'm tired of looking like this all the time, so does anyone have an recommendations? I've already crossed off the cucumber slice thing, after reading it's only a temporary fix, so yeah.

did you ask a doctor ?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    the wolf wrote:
    Back_Pedal wrote:

did you ask a doctor ?
    I'm going for a physical in a few days, so I will then. I just thought there would be some kind of home remedies available, before I asked. I'm kind of shy when it comes to asking doctors about cosmetic issues, because it just seems so frivolous, I guess.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sleep works for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    if you've had them your whole life it's either genetics or an allergy that's been unbeknownst to you this whole time.

It's a popular trait amongst norwegians and slavic/eastern european regions
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    Back_Pedal wrote:

did you ask a doctor ?
    I'm going for a physical in a few days, so I will then. I just thought there would be some kind of home remedies available, before I asked. I'm kind of shy when it comes to asking doctors about cosmetic issues, because it just seems so frivolous, I guess.

If it bothers you, it's not frivolus at all. Ask the doc, and see what he/she says.

good luck.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Sound like the classic "Allergic Shiner."

I get them at the drop of a hat whenever I consume one of the scores of foods I'm allergic to. My eyes don't puff up so much, but I get the dark half-circles underneath. And my glasses will hurt more where they come in contact with my nose and behind my ears. Meaning that my face is slightly puffed with fluid.

Read up on food intolerance and the natural approaches for coping. Naturopathic and Osteopathic doctors claim to offer a real cure called NAET. It stands for someone's Allergy Elimination Technique. It sounds wonderful! Just a bunch of hocus-pocus mumbo jumbo with no drugs, no surgery, no risk of any kind! If I ever have a little money, I am going to try it. I have kept my allergy symptoms at bay for over 6 years by not eating eggs, oats, leafy greens, soy, most fruits, etc. It is ridiculous. It is getting oooooooooold!

The simplest way to check for food intolerance is an exclusion diet: Exclude a food for 4 days. Monitor your eye symptoms. Eat a bunch of that food again on the fifth day and see what happens. Wheat is the most commom allergen. So it's good to start by excluding anything (food, drinks, candies, medicines, gum) that might contain a trace of wheat. If wheat does not change your symptoms, move on to the rest of the top 5: dairy, corn, egg, and soy.
    "May you live in interesting times."