Coachella line-up to be released tomorrow morning

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
edited January 2010 in The Porch
With very strong speculation of PJ hitting the East Coast in mid-May (preceded, of course, by the Jazz Fest at the end of April), what are the odds that they might be on the Coachella bill as well?

Coachella is April 16-18. Would be a nice way to start a mini-tour. It certainly would not be out of the ordinary for PJ to hit more than one festival before the start of a tour, and it would make sense starting in CA before moving east to New Orleans and onward.

Thoughts?
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 586
    I honestly hope PJ hits this festival because it will show us that they are going to tour. Honestly, in my opinion, I don't think they'll play Coachella because it's on the West coast and the Jazz Fest date is so close and Jazz Fest is on East coast. But PJ could hit Coachella right before they leave for Jazz Fest. We just have to hope for this date and more dates. The whole tour should be announced tomorrow if Coachella is. C''mon 10c!
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    I honestly hope PJ hits this festival because it will show us that they are going to tour. Honestly, in my opinion, I don't think they'll play Coachella because it's on the West coast and the Jazz Fest date is so close and Jazz Fest is on East coast. But PJ could hit Coachella right before they leave for Jazz Fest. We just have to hope for this date and more dates. The whole tour should be announced tomorrow if Coachella is. C''mon 10c!

I have to disagree with you on two counts:

1) Since when is New Orleans on the East Coast?
    2) The earliest PJ would play the Jazz Fest is April 29 (confirmed by the festival's web site). The latest they would play Coachella is April 18. That's 11 days. If they were willing and able to go from LA to Austin, Texas and then back to LA within the span of a week on the last mini tour, how would this inhibit them from going from LA to New Orleans (with no LA return) in the span of 11 days?

I'm telling you...I can feel it coming. :D

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I'm telling you...I can feel it coming. :D

me too :mrgreen:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I am hoping it happens, but there hasn't been much in terms of rumors. Muse and Gorillaz have been mentioned everywhere, so they are 99.9% a sure thing.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am hoping it happens, but there hasn't been much in terms of rumors. Muse and Gorillaz have been mentioned everywhere, so they are 99.9% a sure thing.

yeah the lack of rumors (besides my own ;) ) leaves me some doubt...but there were no rumors about jazzfest so fingers crossed
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

yeah the lack of rumors (besides my own ;) ) leaves me some doubt...but there were no rumors about jazzfest so fingers crossed

Does Jazzfest have the same pre-announcement hype as Coachella?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Does Jazzfest have the same pre-announcement hype as Coachella?

beats me...just saying that usually there is some sort of leak/'my friend works for...' in the days leading up to an announcement...i haven't seen any of that
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I know. Muse is confirmed for sure, and Gorillaz might as well be. I hope one (or both) of those is a subheadliner though; I like both well enough, but they certainly don't compare to the level of headliner (Paul McCartney, Prince, Roger Waters, The Cure, Rage Against the Machine, etc.) of the past few years.

You're certainly right about the lack of PJ/Coachella rumors, but like someone said, the Jazz Fest announcement came out of nowhere, so that is at least a good sign in terms of the management/band/other sources being able to keep information from leaking if they want.

I will say that most Coachella speculation is structured around a band's announced tour dates (ie, if a band plays San Diego on April 15 and San Francisco on the 20th, then the buzz around them playing Coachella will get heated pretty quickly). We all know that PJ doesn't need surrounding dates to play a festival show, though.

Also, PJ was listed as a rumor on the Coachella boards early on -- but was removed when word came out that they were playing the Jazz Fest. Apparently a bunch of people believed that playing that show eliminated the possibility of them playing Coachella as well, but I'm just not buying that.

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    edited January 2010
    PJ will be playing a festival in California this year. 8-)
    This one?
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Based on Stone's recent comments, it will all come down to if they offer enough money.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,534
    PJ will be playing a festival in California this year. 8-)
    This one? ;)

And maybe it will be webcasted on AT&T's Blue Room.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I know. Muse is confirmed for sure, and Gorillaz might as well be. I hope one (or both) of those is a subheadliner though; I like both well enough, but they certainly don't compare to the level of headliner (Paul McCartney, Prince, Roger Waters, The Cure, Rage Against the Machine, etc.) of the past few years.

You're certainly right about the lack of PJ/Coachella rumors, but like someone said, the Jazz Fest announcement came out of nowhere, so that is at least a good sign in terms of the management/band/other sources being able to keep information from leaking if they want.

I will say that most Coachella speculation is structured around a band's announced tour dates (ie, if a band plays San Diego on April 15 and San Francisco on the 20th, then the buzz around them playing Coachella will get heated pretty quickly). We all know that PJ doesn't need surrounding dates to play a festival show, though.

Also, PJ was listed as a rumor on the Coachella boards early on -- but was removed when word came out that they were playing the Jazz Fest. Apparently a bunch of people believed that playing that show eliminated the possibility of them playing Coachella as well, but I'm just not buying that.

Gorillaz always play behind a screen with cartoons projected onto it, so I am guessing that they will headline, since they will need a specially-suited stage set-up.

I am not a huge Muse fan, but they do seem like a perfect Coachella headliner....British, with a huge light show!

To me, nothing will ever surpass Paul McCartney's set last year. Roger Water's was very memorable as well, mostly because of all the lighting/multiphonic sound/flying pig & small aircraft!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i've heard that soundgarden is gonna play coachella, so if they do, i wouldn't be surprised if pj does and matt plays with both bands.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    PJ, FNM & Soundgarden = too many heshers!
  • I have heard from I very reliable source that Soundgarden is not playing Coachella and actually does not have anything planned as of now. I hope they get together soon and figure something out and that it doesn't fall apart before it even begins.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    With very strong speculation of PJ hitting the East Coast in mid-May (preceded, of course, by the Jazz Fest at the end of April), what are the odds that they might be on the Coachella bill as well?

Coachella is April 16-18. Would be a nice way to start a mini-tour. It certainly would not be out of the ordinary for PJ to hit more than one festival before the start of a tour, and it would make sense starting in CA before moving east to New Orleans and onward.

Thoughts?

you were starting trouble over there on coachella board weren't you? :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am hoping it happens, but there hasn't been much in terms of rumors.

There wasn't much talk before OSL last year either. And yet, they ROCKED THAT SHIT OUT LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW! :D

#standingman #duranadam
  • There wasn't much talk before OSL last year either. And yet, they ROCKED THAT SHIT OUT LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW!
    Agreed! Waiting patiently for the Coachella announcement!
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
    Coachella site is not working all that well :D

#standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Thoughts?

you were starting trouble over there on coachella board weren't you? :D

Haha, just having a little fun.

I stayed up until 2 waiting for the lineup. Woke up at about 5:30 and it's still not posted. The waiting is driving me mad.

norm wrote:

MICHAEL JACKSON'S GHOST! would of been awesome to check out. :shock:
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    kroq is announcing it around 7:15.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • robbierobbie Posts: 883
    awful. I wasnt counting on PJ playing... but come on. why are bands that play to small theatres headlining festivals?
    PNuttyJam wrote:

Only band good on that list posted was Phoneix. Been loving 'Too Young' since Lost In Translation.
    Blah. The only thing that has me excited right now is Thom Yorke.

I usually go for the lesser-known bands anyway, so all hope is not lost yet.