Options

MAY 29TH- CHICAGO??

2»

Comments

• Options
    If they are going for 16K that counts out the Sears Centre.

The venue has hosted THE WHO, TOOL, ROD STEWART, BILLY JOEL.

Great acoustics and sound system though.

Sears Centre Arena is an 11,800-seat multi-purpose family entertainment, cultural and sports center. Seating capacity for the arena ranges from 3,000-6,000 for theater shows; 9,400 for hockey, lacrosse and soccer games; 10,000 for basketball games and 11,800 for concerts.

The management company is Philadelphia-based Global Spectrum, a subsidiary of the Comcast cable television company. It manages 87 arenas throughout the United States and will bring in its own ticketing, food, sales and marketing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 4595.story

ALPINE VALLEY is 37K

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_Val ... ic_Theatre

the CUBS are HOME that weekend vs. St.Louis

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/schedule/in ... m=5&y=2010

TOYOTA PARK is 28K

http://www.toyotapark.com/content/?section=468
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    a little birdie told me that PJ, Them Crooked Vultures and Soundgarden will be performing/headlining at Lollapalooza this year. this is just what i was told. nothing officially confirmed though.

I don't think it'd be shocking if Cameron plays both shows, thus double shots. This way he can play w/both bands.
  • Options
    Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    Couple of thoughts...

- When Eddie sang the stretch the last time they were in town, he told Len and Bob (Cubs announcers) that they'd probably never play Wrigley Field, because that meant he couldn't go to a Cubs game, and that was one of his favorite things to do when he was in town.

- 16K+ means Allstate, the UC, or outside somewhere.

- May 29 is the playoffs for both the Bulls and the 'Hawks. And, probably only the Hawks will still be alive at that point, but the home dates would be unknown for quite some time, so that throws a wrench into the UC.

- At the 8/24 show, I distinctly remember Eddie saying it would be a long time before they got back "here"... I can't imagine that 8-9 months means a "long time" in his book... but I certainly hope so.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I hope for an Alpine date (or two), but May can still be cold! Not as cols as the "Ice show" at Alpine one frigid October night :lol:
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    I hope this is true !! May 29th is my birthday and I would absolutely be at that show !! I live on Long Island but did vic and lolla in 07 and both United center shows last summer . i will go to chicago anytime PJ plays there !! especially my birthday !!

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I hope this is true !! May 29th is my birthday and I would absolutely be at that show !! I live on Long Island but did vic and lolla in 07 and both United center shows last summer . i will go to chicago anytime PJ plays there !! especially my birthday !!

I used to live about 1 block from the Vic, but I missed that show because of conflicting things... I can't possibly imagine how good that was.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Please be Alpine!
  • Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    I heard the same thing, Clock. The official press release of the Jazz Fest stated they are not touring the US this spring. That's a one off show. The more likely scenario is a Lolla headlining spot with Soundgarden being in town and then a group of about 10-12 shows based around the 20th anniversary show. Keep in mind everyone that Soundgarden is touring this year. PJ is already booked to play Europe in the summer, and if they are to play the expected fall anniversary shows, and then the spring as you all hope--when will SG play?
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    a little birdie told me that PJ, Them Crooked Vultures and Soundgarden will be performing/headlining at Lollapalooza this year. this is just what i was told. nothing officially confirmed though.

I don't think it'd be shocking if Cameron plays both shows, thus double shots. This way he can play w/both bands.
    Especially given that this scenario would likely involve PJ headlining Sunday and Soundgarden playing (possibly headlining) Saturday night...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Both shows, thus double shots. This way he can play w/both bands.
    Especially given that this scenario would likely involve PJ headlining Sunday and Soundgarden playing (possibly headlining) Saturday night...
    But that would force me to go to Lolla again... I still say if you're not upfront its the worst place to see a concert in possibly the world! At least it felt like it - I could barely hear the band during the 'slower' songs because so many people were talking around us, playing frisbee/hacky-sack/etc...

But its only an hour away so I'd be there!
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    drsluggo wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    But that would force me to go to Lolla again... I still say if you're not upfront its the worst place to see a concert in possibly the world! At least it felt like it - I could barely hear the band during the 'slower' songs because so many people were talking around us, playing frisbee/hacky-sack/etc...

But its only an hour away so I'd be there!

Ugh, I don't want to go to Lolla again. It was 95 degrees, a bitch to get there and back from Wisconsin, was a work night, and expensive too. I'd rather see PJ and Soundgarden separately to be honest, if that's possible.
  • Options
    ALPINE VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!
    just a suggestion....
  • Options
    Well, if they're having trouble finding a suitable Chicago venue, St. Louis ain't too far. Or Alpine. Or Iowa.

St. Louis please. 8-)
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    Can someone explain to me what's so great about Alpine Valley? I've never been but it seems to be a big topic on the board.

What makes it so different from all the other outdoor centers?

It's the closest to Madison, that's why I love it.
  • Options
    PLEEEEAAAASSSSSSE dont play on May 29th. I have a wedding to stand up in that night! I will take any day but May 29th for a Chicago show. The last few years PJ has been pretty good at working around my life schedule so im pretty confident this will all work out in my favor. Either that or I get my girlfriends brother to change his wedding date pronto!! haha!
  • Options
    If this is true, my guess would be Alpine cause when they were in town last Aug on the 1st nite eddie mentioned that they were trying for those shows to be at Alpine Valley, but it just didint work out at the time.
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    so it's agreed then, they will play at alpine? I'll start saving
  • Options
    Well, if they're having trouble finding a suitable Chicago venue, St. Louis ain't too far. Or Alpine. Or Iowa.

St. Louis please. 8-)

+1
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    Pearl Jam may be set to play Chicago on May 29th. Promoters are currently looking into venues for 16,000+ and that is official. I have been told of June 1st but the band are leaning for a pre weekend show. And may play 2 nights Sat/Sun if they can find reasonable venue.
    Updates as and when I get them.
    What promoters? Live Nation or Jam Productions?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Pearl Jam may be set to play Chicago on May 29th. Promoters are currently looking into venues for 16,000+ and that is official. I have been told of June 1st but the band are leaning for a pre weekend show. And may play 2 nights Sat/Sun if they can find reasonable venue.
    Updates as and when I get them.
    What promoters? Live Nation or Jam Productions?
    Boston Lou LLC.
  • Options
    I guess April 23rd is out.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    Those of you not from the Midwest don't realize that in late May, at night, in the outdoors can still be cold here.

My guess would be

UIC Pavilion
    or
    Rosemont Horizon (not sure if that is what it is called still)

both decent places to see a show
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    KDH12 wrote:
    Those of you not from the Midwest don't realize that in late May, at night, in the outdoors can still be cold here.

My guess would be

UIC Pavilion
    or
    Rosemont Horizon (not sure if that is what it is called still)

both decent places to see a show
    Weather was my first thought too. Probably bc today it was 35 here and it felt warm.
    "A snow flake falls in May." Always loved that line until it actually happen last May...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...