vinyl to computer?

dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
edited January 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey all, not sure this is best forum to post in, but does anyone have any advice on recording from vinyl to computer for cd/mp3? i am NOT looking to get a usb turntable as i already have a decent turntable and decent preamp - i was just wondering what software people like to use for ripping music from vinyl records, once you already have the necessary hardware. thanks...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just try to find a connection cable (one with a male end for the mic jack on the computer and another end for the speaker outputs on your turntable. I'm pretty sure they make them but it's always possible to mod cords. Just takes a bit of work.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • If I was going to do it, I'd just use my ProTools rig.

That said, any audio recording software will do this really easily. I don't know what's out there as freeware or shareware, and you don't really need a lot of bells and whistles, either. You need a 2-track software program, ideally with some limited editing for time (start and stop), and maybe some EQ, compression, and/or noise-reduction tools.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • If I was going to do it, I'd just use my ProTools rig.

That said, any audio recording software will do this really easily. I don't know what's out there as freeware or shareware, and you don't really need a lot of bells and whistles, either. You need a 2-track software program, ideally with some limited editing for time (start and stop), and maybe some EQ, compression, and/or noise-reduction tools.
    Wavpad is pretty good for SIMPLE stuff
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    I use Roxio, and it works pretty well for me.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    i use audacity, works a treat

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99