Options

"Will Call" pickup

morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I know the info will be sent via e-mail, but just in case, what is the normal procedure for picking up 10C tickets at the box office. I've never done it for a Pearl Jam show and will be going to the Mansfield shows.
Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
Troubled Souls Unite
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,511
    go to the will call window asap. You don't want to wait with 3000 other fans in line at 6pm trying to get tix. If you can get them at 3pm, put down your beer cup, tell your tailgating buddies you'll be back, wait the 20 minutes or so, get your tix and then go back to partying. Much better that way.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Uusually they are available for pick up a few hours before the show. All you need is an ID to get them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I love the will call window. Such anticipation . . .
  • Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    I love the will call window. Such anticipation . . .

especially this time around...I anticipate lots of expletives, for better or worse, walking away from the 10c window

we should call this the golden ticket tour
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    especially this time around...I anticipate lots of expletives, for better or worse, walking away from the 10c window

we should call this the golden ticket tour

but seriously, for NY/Boston expect 3000 plus fans from the 10club at the window picking up tickets. That''s why the sooner the better because do you want thousands in front of you at the window trying to pick up? I'm praying that the 10club opens the windows at noon time because I'll get there at noon, wait with 20 people to get my tickets and then party the night away. No more worrying for tix. Scalpers suck.
  • Options
    but seriously, for NY/Boston expect 3000 plus fans from the 10club at the window picking up tickets. That''s why the sooner the better because do you want thousands in front of you at the window trying to pick up? I'm praying that the 10club opens the windows at noon time because I'll get there at noon, wait with 20 people to get my tickets and then party the night away. No more worrying for tix. Scalpers suck.

the only bad experience I have had picking up 10c tickets was at the gorge...all other shows have been simple, maybe ten minute wait at most...it usually depends on when we get to the city/venue...but usually we pick up tickets and then head off to the bar to have a couple drinks

I would imagine emails will be sent out in the next couple of weeks with all the details for 10c pickup

and seriously, with all the planning going on for these shows I keep forgetting about the lottery for rows 1,2, 9, and 10...picking up that white envelope will definitely be a whole lot more interesting this time around...the suspense was already enough the last few times around

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    the only bad experience I have had picking up 10c tickets was at the gorge...all other shows have been simple, maybe ten minute wait at most...it usually depends on when we get to the city/venue...but usually we pick up tickets and then head off to the bar to have a couple drinks

I would imagine emails will be sent out in the next couple of weeks with all the details for 10c pickup

and seriously, with all the planning going on for these shows I keep forgetting about the lottery for rows 1,2, 9, and 10...picking up that white envelope will definitely be a whole lot more interesting this time around...the suspense was already enough the last few times around

But a lottery ni a good way, even if you don't get one of the 4 rows, you tickets are still going to be good.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    But a lottery ni a good way, even if you don't get one of the 4 rows, you tickets are still going to be good.

oh of course, no doubt about that

but with the added possibility of landing seats up front I can't help but be extra excited about picking up my tickets

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Never had a bad experience picking up my 10c tickets, never waited in line with hundreds of thousands, and I've never taken the day off just to pick up my tickets.

Basically you show up when you can, show your ID and go find your seat. Just like a normal Will Call except you want the one that says "Ten Club" or "Fan Club."

God, people will find anything to bitch about.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Never had a bad experience picking up my 10c tickets, never waited in line with hundreds of thousands, and I've never taken the day off just to pick up my tickets.

Basically you show up when you can, show your ID and go find your seat. Just like a normal Will Call except you want the one that says "Ten Club" or "Fan Club."

God, people will find anything to bitch about.

I know, it's ridiculous. Can't believe we're just weeks away now!!!
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    It's the best and worst feeling waiting in that line too see which seat you have.And then dealing with the people outside wanting to buy your tickets.OH JOY!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    It's the best and worst feeling waiting in that line too see which seat you have.And then dealing with the people outside wanting to buy your tickets.OH JOY!!

It's not Hansel & Gretel for crying out loud, there's no witch waiting to eat you if you don't fork over the killer seats. :)

I've never really 'dealt with' anyone wanting to buy my tickets.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    It's not Hansel & Gretel for crying out loud, there's no witch waiting to eat you if you don't fork over the killer seats. :)

Yeah, me neither, just the annoying dummies yelling "Tickets? Tickets?" You just keep walking.
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    If you can get them at 3pm, put down your beer cup,
    or bring it with you for your walking pleasure ;)
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    or bring it with you for your walking pleasure ;)

now you're talking :). Just watch out for the Pacific Blue cops on Bikes...they gotta be heroes sometimes.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    so you don't have to go in at a special gate or whatever with your fanclub tickets? What's to keep people from selling them to non 10c members? I'm new at this, but if the tickets can be resold - that sucks! Especially since it was hard enought to get them in the first place!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    OK listen up, newbies. The 10c tickets start out just OK and get better and better the longer you pay your dues and move up in the rankings. Sometimes you'll be psyched about your seats, sometimes not so much. Sometimes REAL psyched. Whatever. Either way, if you buy your 10c tickets, you have tickets and they'll be decent.

You don't need to take the day off from work to stand in line to pick them up at will call. If you want to, that's your thing, but it's not like some bell goes off and a zillion people rush the gate. It's like any other concert, sometimes you wait in line at will call, and sometimes it so happens that whatever letter your last name begins with just so happens, for once in your life, to be the short line. You pick up your little envelope, check your seat location, and react accordingly.

Nobody's going to see you with your envelope & be like, "ooh fan club tickets, let's pounce on the unsuspecting fan club member!" Again, it's like any other concert: people want to buy and sell tickets.
    If you want to sell your fan club tickets, go ahead. That generally will be, like, a one-time only event because if you get caught scalping your 10c tickets, you'll get kicked right on out of the club. Honestly, anyone who is still asking about that is a newbie with a high number, and it will be a few years until you get put in a section better than me.

Didn't they teach you anything in the Warehouse?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    No worries, just go to the will call windows and follow the signs. They usually seperate by alphabet like any other will call window. Not since the "block" system have I seen any crazy lines. Just wait a person or two in front of you and have your ID ready. Easy Peasy. The windows are probably going to open at 12pm so people have all afternoon to get theirs. We pull in our spot, get our tickets and party after we know where the hell we are sitting!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    No worries, just go to the will call windows and follow the signs. They usually seperate by alphabet like any other will call window. Not since the "block" system have I seen any crazy lines. Just wait a person or two in front of you and have your ID ready. Easy Peasy. The windows are probably going to open at 12pm so people have all afternoon to get theirs. We pull in our spot, get our tickets and party after we know where the hell we are sitting!

That's what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940

Well the only place I have run into that was Tampa.There was like 3 or 4 guys wanting to buy my tickets as soon as I walked out.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    My fav was the surprise they pulled at the Wiltern for the EV show...no will call - they just eliminated without any notice - I forgot to come on here and bitch about that...but seriously WTF?
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

Sounds like a plan to me. thanks.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    mansfield usually lists "will call" ticket windows by member #..

example
    window #1
    tenclub member number 1 thru 80,000

window #2
    number #80,001- 100,000
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    mansfield usually lists "will call" ticket windows by member #..

example
    window #1
    tenclub member number 1 thru 80,000

window #2
    number #80,001- 100,000

Who is member number 1 anyway? That is one lucky bastard.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    i hope we get an email on the times the 10club booths will be opened at the day of the event for the east coast experience.