Why are certain pj vinyl albums really sought after?

jonnyrock1975jonnyrock1975 Posts: 127
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I've got them all (apart from benaroya) and I didn't have any problems getting any of them when they came out.

It seems now thought that certain ones are really sought after (the s/t, riot act and live on two legs being some I've seen discussed)

why is this?
~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i dont know, my guess is a lot less pressing of some LP's then others.....

But I think all of them should be all re-issued w/ unlimited printings that could be bought anytime on 10c, or something. None of this limited edition bullshit that creates a black market of 2nd hand sellers gouging the F*** out of buyers on sites such as Ebay. Until then the only vinyl i'll have is the yearly fanclub 45's.
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • They're out of print.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • and BINAURAL....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • After hearing all the talk on here I'm half wondering whether I should just flog all mine. I don't have a decent player so I've never played any of em, and having talked to a couple of 'real' collectors, there's nothing I have that's super rare so I might as well give up now, sell them on and carry on collecting all the other stuff I spend my cash on!
  • and BINAURAL....

I had problems getting that one in the first place. Eventually finding a copy in hmv the day I went to see them. Couldn't order it instore for love nor money for some unknown reason.
  • After hearing all the talk on here I'm half wondering whether I should just flog all mine. I don't have a decent player so I've never played any of em, and having talked to a couple of 'real' collectors, there's nothing I have that's super rare so I might as well give up now, sell them on and carry on collecting all the other stuff I spend my cash on!

alrighty pal....so you are starting to imply you half-way-just-maybe-think-maybe-I-might-maybe-I-should-want-to-sell roughly $1,000 (USD) worth of vinyl :? :lol:

when records come out, they are easy to buy

when they become OUT OF PRINT (OOP)...
    not the case anymore

Believe it or not, in a few years, our friend BACKSPACER will fetch over $100 on Ebay, just like the rest of 'em
    It's the nature of the beast

And the moment you commit to selling your 'not that valuable' LPs that you have 'never played' you will be swarmed upon by us on the board hoping that your heart will swell with charity and offer them to us at 'cost' because they aren't really of any value to you anyways...

I love these read-between-the-lines type threads :lol::lol::lol:;)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • There's no need to get mean! I understand all this 'sell them at cost' thing, but the problem is, I don't know that the person I 'sell them at cost' to, won't just bang them on eBay.

It's not a read between the lines thing, if someone offers a decent amount for any of them, then I'll sell.

There was a post on here about the self titled album and I offered to swap mine for something else, the fact that noone took me up on the offer is hardly my fault is it. That or they offered to swap for something I don't want. Just cos I got in on the ground floor, don't have a go at me. Everyone had the opportunity to buy the albums on all formats on the day of release (apart from that benaroya thing, obviously).

Music taste and priorities shift over time. I thought it was better to offer on here. Now I see that you just get slagged off I'll bang em on eBay.

The main reason for all this, is that I've realised by seeing other people on here that my 'collection' isn't really that at all, so if I can't ever have a complete one, with everything, all the promos and colour vinyl backspacers, then what's the point? I've got them all on cd in multiple versions anyway. As an example, 'ten': yellow digipack, normal version, euro version with 3 extra tracks, vinyl replica version, Japanese import version with 'i got a feeling', redux version, redux box set, simply vinyl LP, basketball pic disk LP.

I take it that if people are looking for something you hav, and you're willing to sell it after looking after it for nearly 20 years, then you should get thanked really.

Obviously I was wrong.
  • hey dude, I'm pretty sure Snoopy was just being funny, not mean.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • hey dude, I'm pretty sure Snoopy was just being funny, not mean.

I was being sarcastic, which is funny to some, but mean to others, depending on which side of the line they are standing on... ;):)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • EP1973EP1973 Posts: 112
    I don't collect vinyl, I play the fuck out of it. I was born in '73 to a couple of folks who loved music...and I've bought albums as long as I can remember. I still have my albums from the 70's, 80's, 90's and some recent ones as well. I have a ton of 45s too...but I don't buy em to look at. And I sure as hell don't pay any more for them then their original list price....IMO that's asinine.