The Redbox

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
One of the greatest innovations in movie rental history!!

You cannot beat a dollar for a movie. I'm a fan. 8-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I just discovered this as well. I thought there was a catch somehow, but not the case. I guess they are banking on the fact that you will keep them for a few days and pay more. Either way, I like it as well! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I read that McDonald's started it, then sold the whole thing to CoinStar. I like that you don't even have to do any kind of "sign-up." You just swipe your card and give your e-mail address.

I watched The Hangover last night...funny ass movie! :mrgreen:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I read that McDonald's started it, then sold the whole thing to CoinStar. I like that you don't even have to do any kind of "sign-up." You just swipe your card and give your e-mail address.

I watched The Hangover last night...funny ass movie! :mrgreen:

I liked it as well...EXCEPT...I really thought it would have been a bit funnier had they done some flashback type stuff DURING the movie instead of waiting til the end.. Still one of the funnier ones I have seen in a while...:-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I love it. I like that you can actually reserve online and pick it up at the requested location. It's saved me from being shut out especially if there's a long line.

I do wish they had a better selection and some blue Ray would be nice. I'm sure it wi improve over time.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    didnt know it had a name

interesting idea though for sure, i didn't think there would be fans, so cool
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Until RedBox gets Blu-ray I'll pass.

...they don't have Blu yet do they?

Even if they did, I can't imagine they'd rent $1 Blu-ray discs.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Since I have Netflix, I've only used Redbox when on vacation, but just wanted to add that there's a cool Redbox iPhone/iTouch app!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    There's a code for getting free rentals on Mondays. I haven't tried it yet but if you're looking to save a dollar . . . :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    There's a code for getting free rentals on Mondays. I haven't tried it yet but if you're looking to save a dollar . . . :think:

Do you have this code you speak of?? 8-)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you don't have to give them your email address

the only downside to redbox is they are testing a higher price in some markets, so don't be shocked when they double the price.

i love the $1 movie, but i hate standing in line when i know what i want and the person in front of me is browsing. i also hate waiting in line to return a movie.

still a great service and an awesome price.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    you don't have to give them your email address

the only downside to redbox is they are testing a higher price in some markets, so don't be shocked when they double the price.

i love the $1 movie, but i hate standing in line when i know what i want and the person in front of me is browsing. i also hate waiting in line to return a movie.

still a great service and an awesome price.

yeah I hate when I am going to pick up a movie I got reserved online and some dude is scanning all the movies and reading what they are all about. especially if there are 2 redboxes and they are the one I need. Anyway $1 per movie is sweet and redboixes are everywhere now
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Love on-line function. Just reserve it and go to the box and swipe your card. Great that you can return them anywhere also.
    #FHP
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

Do you have this code you speak of?? 8-)
    It changes each week. You can get it at this site although they usually don't post it until some time on Monday, then it's good until midnight that night:

http://www.heyitsfree.net/

Lots of other freebies (some great, some ho hum) on that site. I check it every day. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    the Redbox is cool, just wait though until in shows that you didn't return a movie, then 15 days later you get charged 35 bucks for the movie....

i wont even go into how much of a pain in the ass it is to get in touch with someone to get it fixed ! :?

but the idea of The Redbox is really cool, and I've only had the above problem once.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the wolf wrote:
    the Redbox is cool, just wait though until in shows that you didn't return a movie, then 15 days later you get charged 35 bucks for the movie....

i wont even go into how much of a pain in the ass it is to get in touch with someone to get it fixed ! :?

but the idea of The Redbox is really cool, and I've only had the above problem once.

that sucks.

i'll just drive down to the headquarters :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    the wolf wrote:

Once you reached them, did they fix the problem?

I had this problem with Blockbuster & reaching someone was no problem; it was getting them to resolve it that was the problem. They were getting ready to send me to collections (or had they already?) when they did store inventory & found the movie. I hate Blockbuster!
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    scb wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

Once you reached them, did they fix the problem?

I had this problem with Blockbuster & reaching someone was no problem; it was getting them to resolve it that was the problem. They were getting ready to send me to collections (or had they already?) when they did store inventory & found the movie. I hate Blockbuster!

once i reached a human... it only took a 4 or 5 days to actually speak to a human... :twisted: they took care of it pretty quick. they had to send someone to the actual redbox and do a inventory check. then they called me back a few days later and told me they would put the money back in my account. all in all the whole thing took about 3 weeks for me to see my money again.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel