Stone's "acoustic" Strat

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited January 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have an old Strat i never use anymore, i was thinking maybe i could get the most use out of it with my band if i got the acoustic style pickups like Stone....any one know what they are? is that all you need, or is there more to it? do you still play it through an amp?
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    It's some sort of special bridge, and I believe its best to plug it in direct (I would just use an A/B box)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I know its made by fishman....I'm not sure if this is the same model:

http://www.fishman.com/products/details.asp?id=5
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Probably, since Stone uses the vintage strats, it's a vintage powerbridge. Great investment, if you have the money. I have a squier stratacoustic. It works just as well, but you can also use it "unplugged". Just use electric strings if you want Stone's tone.

With the strat you have, you'd probably have to make a few modifications and take it to a shop to get the powerbridge installed. Goodluck and lemme know how you like it.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy