Why do the new ames posters suck?

zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Ames has not put out a remarkable print since 1997-2000:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1616

I hate when I go into a show and anyone but brad are doing the poster. Ames when they started out had some really nice prints, I thought the monk was great and I I Loved the prints from Australia. Its time to cut Ames loose.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i actually think that poster you link to is really nice, and a refreshing change from the same look they had been doing for too long. and i'm a poster designer in the music industry
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    zappa99 wrote:
    Ames has not put out a remarkable print since 1997-2000:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1616

I hate when I go into a show and anyone but brad are doing the poster. Ames when they started out had some really nice prints, I thought the monk was great and I I Loved the prints from Australia. Its time to cut Ames loose.
    while i agree with you, it won't happen since jeff's bro works for ames....
  • zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    that is what I trying to prove. The old ames were very nice, they had to prove their worth the rest of the band with nice prints and now they dont care. (sorry arq but check the new print compared to their old prints)
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    zappa99 wrote:
    that is what I trying to prove. The old ames were very nice, they had to prove their worth the rest of the band with nice prints and now they dont care. (sorry arq but check the new print compared to their old prints)

Oh well... opinions opinions :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    bc barry is a knuckle
  • "Suck" is very subjective.
  • "Suck" is very subjective.

omg your avater is amazing.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • I disagree completely. Since 2000, Ames has done countless PJ posters and some have been winners and some losers. I understand art is subjective, and Klausen has done remarkable work during these years since 2000, but Ames still kicks ass. Here are a couple examples:

00b6.jpg
    0006.jpg
    00b7.jpg

All great Ames prints after 2000.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I think Ames has done pretty darn good this last year! Seattle 1, ACL, and Melbourne were all very good prints. I know Klausen knocks it out of the park almost every time but, I have to give credit to Ames for the 2009 tour. With all of that said I know what your mena. For example the 2005 Canadian tour and most of 2008....YUCK!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • because people get older and successful (with any luck)

it's evolution, baby

how do you spell success?

SUCKS EGGS
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • I had to laugh when I saw the 'moose' Vancouver print! It was a pretty lame effort- of course I have it though. Seattle ones were pretty good. BK had some classics- bought the SLC one (freaking awesome!).

Methane Studios had some wicked posters for the Dave Matthews tour! Kinda made me wish for opportunities to be spread out a bit... but you have to admire PJ's loyalty! Every now and then... you get a moose smoking a cigar.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • because you touch yourself at night?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • I disagree completely. Since 2000, Ames has done countless PJ posters and some have been winners and some losers. I understand art is subjective, and Klausen has done remarkable work during these years since 2000, but Ames still kicks ass.

agreed with
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i like most of their prints. :?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • SO7522SO7522 Posts: 94
    I had to laugh when I saw the 'moose' Vancouver print! It was a pretty lame effort- of course I have it though.

This is not an Ames poster.