Ed Vedder - another great attitude

PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I was visiting the Italian site "Pearl Jam Online" and look what I found:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/newsengver ... m#16012010
Greetings from Ed Vedder ~ Remember the book "Pearl Jam Evolution" (written by the webmasters of this site), that we were talking about a few months ago? Well, a couple of days ago, we got a special dedication straight from Seattle by a very special person... click here to discover it! (from PJ Online news)

http://www.pearljamonline.it/pearljamev ... pecial.htm

Greetings from Vedder: http://www.pearljamonline.it/pearljamev ... 012010.jpg

Congratulations Luca Villa & Daria Moretti! :D
Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
It's growing up just like me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wow, cool!

I'd love to see the book but it doesn't look like it's available yet? Can anyone translate or are the details posted somewhere in English?

Good work and congratulations to the authors :)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Awesome picture of his autograph and notes!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Wow, cool!

I'd love to see the book but it doesn't look like it's available yet? Can anyone translate or are the details posted somewhere in English?

Good work and congratulations to the authors :)

I'd love to see the book too. I think it was released just in Italy.

From Google translate:

When the book came out? How many pages it has?

PJ Online: "Pearl Jam Evolution" was published in October 2009. It has 359 pages. For this book, printed on 100% recycled paper, not a single tree was cut to join the scheme promoted by Greenpeace "Writers for the forests". For further details, find this link.

In the book there are pictures? I remember there was this initiative that required to send the best pictures made by ourselves to Pearl Jam ... got to do something?

PJ Online: Yes, the book contains dozens of photos. One of these was selected among all those received by his public announcement on the site.

How much coust the book? Will be available in bookstores?

PJ Online: The list price is 19.50 Euro. It 'available in major libraries (including chains) and online book stores (such as Bol, LaFeltrinelli, Webster etc). For a limited period of time (up to 30 December 2009), a quantity of books at reduced prices was available for users of the site concerned.

The distribution also affects the southern Italy?

PJ Online: The book is distributed in all the Feltrinelli in Italy, and also distributed in the south Italy. Should be relatively easy to find, obviously well-stocked libraries.

Why Pearl Jam Evolution "?

PJ Online: Because we tried to trace the evolution of Pearl Jam from 1990 until today both as musicians and as people. We have always noticed that the books devoted to Pearl Jam often focused 'attention on the most successful period of the band, ignoring their history post-No Code, just as important as their first, long gone, years of activity. From here, the evolution of Pearl Jam.

How is the book? And 'classic musical biography, or have chosen a different path?

PJ OnLine: The original idea was to devote factsheets discs, collaborations, concerts and more. Working on it we realized that the story would have made it better in a biographical classic structure, with a chronological subdivision that coincides with the various stages in the careers of Pearl Jam.

Listen to be cleared of personal satisfaction that can come from the deal finally esuriente an argument that there is truly interested in?

PJ Online: Yes, say yes. Although we wrote over 3000 pages ... (to the delight of our publisher, who already so we wanted to kill!). The original version was even longer than the final then went to print. I wonder if at a deluxe version of the book does not leave even the extended cut, ha ha!

In a story that takes place over 18 years, what was the period that has fascinated you most?

PJ Online: Definitely the period covers the last 8 / 10 years. There we really appreciated all the best moments of growth and maturation of professional and human components of the band. Their transition from angry young rocker, maybe with his head a little 'hard, to musicians and men acutely aware of what surrounds them, motivated to change while remaining ever faithful to themselves.

Even you, during this work, you will have discovered things about Pearl Jam that you did not know. There's someone who has blown up from the chair?

PJ Online: Yes, some things where we came across the research we have really blown up in his chair! Have made 'strange' or semi-unknown, hidden references or simply delicious anecdotes, such as the episode of the first face to face meeting between Eddie Vedder and Bruce Springsteen, to name one. You will find everything in the book, however ...

Now you love them more or asthma, you are to hear of him?

PJ Online: Pearl Jam? After finishing the book we started listening to death metal!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    HANG ON !!! Hang ON !!! hang on!........

I thought a book was something physical, paperish and credible.
  • I'm in the US... can I buy this book? when/where will it be available???
    thanks!
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13