The Workout/ Diet thread,Twenty-Ten

mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So this worked back on the old board, let's give it a shot here. Post your goals or current activities and keep updating them as you progress. And ENCOURAGE EACHOTHER, you just may help someone keep on track.

For me, I'm a square one. After getting up to my highest weight ever this summer at 162#, I got lazy, drank, smoked pot, and forgot about my diet. As a result, I've lost about 30 pounds. But after weeks of not partying, I'm ready to start it all up again.

Goals: get back to around 165# and maintain it, while keeping the cardiovascular going and doing at least one challenging hike a week.

Yesterday, I had my 2nd hike in the past few weeks. Today, I'm going to hit the weights light and fast, all target groups, to ease back into it. I plan to gradually get the diet going and have it in full swing in 3 or 4 weeks.
Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Damn those weight were heavy after all this time. Anyway, feels good.

Come on you lazy fucks, some of you have to be working out...
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I usually start the old New Years resolution thing with working out but I was feeling and looking terrible after Thanksgiving. I started running a cardio program out of a Men's Health magazine in December and now 5 weeks later I have lost almost 10 pounds and am feeling and looking much better. It's amazing when you get back in shape how much more energy you have. I actually look forward to running daily now. Have the Pearl Jam 2003 tour loaded on my ipod and that makes it so much better.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • I'm dieting right now. Always worked out fairly consistently but the GF and I tend to go out for nice meals. That's gonna stop for a while.

Chicken, whole wheat tortillas, salad, nuts, diet soda and water are my diet staples right now. I'm at 200lbs right now. Would like to be about 175lb
    NERDS!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Despite my rant thread (ahem) I have been seriously looking to get healthier (something I say every year). I am not extremely overweight (at least I don't think so) but for my height I should be aiming at losing at least 20-30 pounds.

I've got terrible will power but I'm generally pretty athletic... so this time I wanna do it! I've joined a 7 Weeks To Wellness thing at my university along with my best friend (ahem) but since i'm so busy i think one of the biggest parts is changing my diet.

Hopefully I'll have the will power this time :?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    I'm dieting right now. Always worked out fairly consistently but the GF and I tend to go out for nice meals. That's gonna stop for a while.

Chicken, whole wheat tortillas, salad, nuts, diet soda and water are my diet staples right now. I'm at 200lbs right now. Would like to be about 175lb

How tall are you? If you don't mind me asking....

Its hard to not eat out when its a fun thing to do with the GF. The times when I've been most successful has been when we were both on board.
    haffajappa wrote:
    Despite my rant thread (ahem) I have been seriously looking to get healthier (something I say every year). I am not extremely overweight (at least I don't think so) but for my height I should be aiming at losing at least 20-30 pounds.

I've got terrible will power but I'm generally pretty athletic... so this time I wanna do it! I've joined a 7 Weeks To Wellness thing at my university along with my best friend (ahem) but since i'm so busy i think one of the biggest parts is changing my diet.

Hopefully I'll have the will power this time :?

read your rant. Its hard to beat 2-3 soccer sessions a week, thats a hell of a sport and will do more for you than just running. And "they say" diet is 80% of your goal, and its so true. I really had to force my self to eat the amount I needed and it had to be the right foods at the right time. Eventually, I craved those foods and the amount I needed. Good luck!
    Though still sore from the day before yesterday, I got a great "pull" workout day in. Extra concentration on the Lats.

My body feels great already, can't remember why I ever stopped working out 5 months ago.