Into The Wild....

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited January 2010 in The Porch
So with all of the talk about Into the Wild recently...I pulled out my Into the Wild stuff and was brought back to such a wonderful time. I am sure like many others that attended any of Ed's solo shows will attest...it was a magical experience...I hope with the current twist on things... it doesn't leave a bad taste in Ed's mouth about that special time. I also hope it doesn't impede any thought or inkling of any future solo stuff he may contemplate doing...

Italy, Italy, Italy.....but only if I can go.... :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So with all of the talk about Into the Wild recently...I pulled out my Into the Wild stuff and was brought back to such a wonderful time. I am sure like many others that attended any of Ed's solo shows will attest...it was a magical experience...I hope with the current twist on things... it doesn't leave a bad taste in Ed's mouth about that special time. I also hope it doesn't impede any thought or inkling of any future solo stuff he may contemplate doing...

Very well said. Yes, they were amazing shows. Watched ITW last week in hi-def and was taken back to 18 months or so ago.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • totally agree...such a great time.Movie is excellent, soundtrack is perfect, and the shows are to be never forgotten...

release Massey hall!

cheers,

Yv
    8/22/98 Barrie; 8/23/98 Detroit
    10/05/00 Toronto; 10/07/00 Detroit
    6/28/03 Toronto
    9/11/05 Kitchener; 9/13/05 Toronto; 9/19/05 Hamilton
    5/09/06 Toronto; 5/10/06 Toronto
    8/12/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey); 8/13/08 Toronto (Ed - Massey)
    8/21/09 Toronto; 10/31/09 Phili
    5/10/10 Buffalo
    9/12/11 Toronto;9/12/11 Toronto; 9/15/11 Hamilton
    10/18/14 Brooklyn
    10/16/15 Detroit
    5/10/16 Toronto; 5/12/16 Toronto
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I really, REALLY miss that time....

for lots of different reasons.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Oooh my my... Good times...

I joined the message boards at that time, and my first trip to the west coast, and my first PJ/Ed concert good times good times! And my wife pissed because ITW was the only record allowed in our car :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Funny. I just put that CD in my car yesterday.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • So with all of the talk about Into the Wild recently...I pulled out my Into the Wild stuff and was brought back to such a wonderful time. I am sure like many others that attended any of Ed's solo shows will attest...it was a magical experience...I hope with the current twist on things... it doesn't leave a bad taste in Ed's mouth about that special time. I also hope it doesn't impede any thought or inkling of any future solo stuff he may contemplate doing...

and look a little east..oh whats that??GREECE baby,,,and i can go for sure :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    totally agree...such a great time.Movie is excellent, soundtrack is perfect, and the shows are to be never forgotten...

release Massey hall!

cheers,

Yv

Yes, please do. And with bonus footage, include interviews & info about the man missing leg. Could of sworn I saw a biker clan drive down the street with it.

I remembered when Into The Wild was released in theaters. Only place in Halifax showing it was Park Lane. Saw it twice. When the DVD's came in, had to buy the single release & the 2 DVD release. Then when the HD wars were hitting, it was only released on HD-DVD. No Bluray. So I went ahead and bought it for HD-DVD. Though I knew Bluray will win the war & Into The Wild will be released on Bluray. Into The Wild was the first HD release of Ed's work. Hearing Ed's singing & emotional tunes of Into The Wild in True HD Audio? Oh mama!!! Month's pasted, Bluray win's the HD wars, Into The Wild get's released on Bluray. I come home one day & a package from Jersey arrived. Inside was the Into The Wild Bluray Edition! Thank you Lisa! :D
  • What they should do is retro-fit ITW with Avatar technology. Take it to the next level.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

I am obviously missing something here...

Current twist on things? doesn't leave a bad taste in Ed's mouth?

Did something happen? I googled and checked the news but all I can find as far as recent into the wild rumblings were all positive reviews of the book, movie & music.

Please elaborate.
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I believe he's talking about the hard sun deal.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    arq wrote:

Thanks for clarifying, that was lost on me as well
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • arq wrote:
    ....she....
  • ITW is the shit and stays in regular rotation in my car....I saw Ed 4 times....as much as i wanna be greedy and say i hope he comes back around so i can make it 6...our brothers and sisters across the ocean should be able to see at least one solo show...i know i will remember them fondly for the rest of my life. :D:D
  • ITW is the shit and stays in regular rotation in my car....I saw Ed 4 times....as much as i wanna be greedy and say i hope he comes back around so i can make it 6...our brothers and sisters across the ocean should be able to see at least one solo show...i know i will remember them fondly for the rest of my life. :D:D
    you are slipping...people can see your niceness..... ;)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    What's really unfortunate about the whole thing is that Ed probably only used the song because Penn had already chosen it for the sound track.

He could easily have written his own song and avoided the whole question. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    edited January 2010
    I adored the solo concerts-
    San Diego enjoying that beautiful city and( singing his Mama Happy Birthday) edit edit- I changed history here ;) we didn't sing we gave a standing ovation and cheered- Eddie said he was gonna ask us to sing HB but that that was awesome the cheering- so special- to honor the wonderful woman that brought Eddie to us.
    Milwaukee- Fun pre party with Fonzie and meeting the nicest "U-ppers" seeing Ed perform Arc alone for the first time and crying- just so moved by his voice
    Both Atl shows- awesome seats- sharing a box above with 2 other great new fans/friends, it was like sitting on Ed's shoulder while he performed Arc- amazing show- my heart thankful for so many things
    wonderful 10C seats nite 2- closest I had ever been to the stage and such nice peeps around us- talk about feeling the love
    they are all wonderful memories that are very very dear to me
    Post edited by pandora on
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

release Massey hall!

umm ... Memphis dvd please. ;)

one of the best nights of my life.....
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    ITW is the shit and stays in regular rotation in my car....I saw Ed 4 times....as much as i wanna be greedy and say i hope he comes back around so i can make it 6...our brothers and sisters across the ocean should be able to see at least one solo show...i know i will remember them fondly for the rest of my life. :D:D
    Its an act, he's trying to use double secret probation reverse psychology to get Ed to do a two week run in Boston (opening for Pearl Jam!).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    There's no chance Ed Solo is over. He had way too much fun. I think we can expect another Ed solo album down the road a few years from now. Even if no new album... I still think he will tour solo regardless. All of those shows were great. Really great.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    TipJammer wrote:
    There's no chance Ed Solo is over. He had way too much fun. I think we can expect another Ed solo album down the road a few years from now. Even if no new album... I still think he will tour solo regardless. All of those shows were great. Really great.

I agree. I can't see Ed's live solo work end. There was rumored of an Ed solo tour in Europe (well, talks about it). Image seeing Ed playing @ the old theaters in Europe? The ancient outside theaters of Rome & Athens? Break out that guitar for some camp firing tunes. The acoustic sounds would be amazing at those places. Indoor is great & all but theater was invented to be outside. Outdoors. I hope Ed does a few gig's in time. Maybe with this Soundgarden tour, Ed will brew up something sweet. Ya never know! :)
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    So with all of the talk about Into the Wild recently...I pulled out my Into the Wild stuff and was brought back to such a wonderful time. I am sure like many others that attended any of Ed's solo shows will attest...it was a magical experience...I hope with the current twist on things... it doesn't leave a bad taste in Ed's mouth about that special time. I also hope it doesn't impede any thought or inkling of any future solo stuff he may contemplate doing...

and look a little east..oh whats that??GREECE baby,,,and i can go for sure :lol:
    is Eddie planing to play Italy dimitris ???
  • Poncier wrote:
    Its an act, he's trying to use double secret probation reverse psychology to get Ed to do a two week run in Boston (opening for Pearl Jam!).

for fucks sake man!!!.......we agreed you'd keep it to yourself!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

animal_house.jpg
  • guypjfreak wrote:
    is Eddie planing to play Italy dimitris ???
    :roll: :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Must be good and mellow right now. ;)