Bad Brains for the NA tour

badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Ok, so we all know how much punk has influenced these boys. We've had bad religion, buzzcocks, social distortion open up for us. Now I think we should continue this tradition of punk openers with the pioneers of hard core-the Bad Brains!! I would love for all my fellow jammers to get the opportunity to see this legendary band before HR loses it completely. I gave Ed the original vinyl from the bad brains after letterman a few years back and I gave him 2 more vinyls in philli so I'm hoping he'll say to the boys- let's have the bad brains open up. So Ed if u read this thread, come on bro, this would be sick and I'd be in heaven. Think of all the jammers that dnt know the bad brains, they'd be blessed to see the pioneers of hard core. Plus the brains would slow it down to some reggae for everyone to lite one up. Reggae, hard core punk, then pearl jam??? Fuck me that would be sick!! And Ed if by chance u read this and it happens, I'm fully expecting to be sparcking one up with u when they're playing Day Tripper or the youth are getting restless!!! Please please please make it happen. Let everyone get to hear the bad brains atleast once in there lives!! See u on the tour.

Oh and Boom, ur supplying the trees :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    8-)
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    what na tour ;)
  • Erik1977Erik1977 Posts: 141
    PJ opening with a cover version of the big takeover would be epic! The astonishment "huh, what's this?" on the faces of 99% of the crowd would be priceless.
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II
    2024 Manchester, MSG I + II

• badbrains wrote:
    Ok, so we all know how much punk has influenced these boys. We've had bad religion, buzzcocks, social distortion open up for us. Now I think we should continue this tradition of punk openers with the pioneers of hard core-the Bad Brains!! I would love for all my fellow jammers to get the opportunity to see this legendary band before HR loses it completely. I gave Ed the original vinyl from the bad brains after letterman a few years back and I gave him 2 more vinyls in philli so I'm hoping he'll say to the boys- let's have the bad brains open up. So Ed if u read this thread, come on bro, this would be sick and I'd be in heaven. Think of all the jammers that dnt know the bad brains, they'd be blessed to see the pioneers of hard core. Plus the brains would slow it down to some reggae for everyone to lite one up. Reggae, hard core punk, then pearl jam??? Fuck me that would be sick!! And Ed if by chance u read this and it happens, I'm fully expecting to be sparcking one up with u when they're playing Day Tripper or the youth are getting restless!!! Please please please make it happen. Let everyone get to hear the bad brains atleast once in there lives!! See u on the tour.

Oh and Boom, ur supplying the trees :lol:

youtube links please
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    I saw Bad Brains at the old 930 club in DC back in the 80s. Very fun, despite the moshing injuries I sustained.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • RhinoJamRhinoJam Posts: 596
    What albums would you recommend by Bad Brains?
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    6920:122795.jpg
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I got a chance to see Bad Brains at the Roseland Theater in Portland,OR. Afuckingmazing! Coke can sized dreads and Punk Rock like only they can do, well I do say matching them up for a tour would be fantastic! :mrgreen:
    Don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved!
  • I got no problem with Bad Brains.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Let's start with Live amsterdam87, rock for light, original first album. Open with big take over and close with the legendary Pay to come...... Oh and throw in some FVK and At the movies...all u brains fans on this thread, may jah bless u all. Just knowing they're are jammers who know the brains made my day. And what would a brains show without an injury in the pit....so Ed or Tim or whoever in the band read this, let's make this happen!!! The brains are going to tour this spring so let's get them to open for PJ!!!!!

And I forgot to tell Boom, I'll bring the lighter :D
  • san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    i finally got to see bad brains last year at the cypress hill smokeout festival in so cal. skipped the slipknot set to see bad brains (i'd say i made a great choice). check out youtube for some kool clips from the smokeout. you got my vote for bad brains/pearl jam! i and i survive! i would also like to see the descendents open for pearl jam.
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"