What is wrong with Canada?

EdVedder_1EdVedder_1 Posts: 146
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Is my money no good to sellers on ebay? Is it a pain in the ass to ship up here? Never had any problems getting anything before. If I am willing to pay the shipping why are people not wanting to sell..... Sorry Ifelt like ranting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Canadian Ambassador: The fuss is aboot taking our citizens! It's aboot not censoring our art! It's aboot... it's aboot... what's so goddamn funny?
    Other Ambassador: Nothing, nothing. Could you tell us again what the argument is all... ABOUT?
    Canadian Minister of Movies: This is not aboot diplomacy, this is aboot dignity! This is aboot respect! This is aboot... (other ambassadors laughing hysterically) You guys are dicks! Release Terrance and Philip, or we'll give YOU something to cry aboot!!!
    (other ambassadors still laughing hysterically)
    Canadian Ambassador: Stop it! Stop it!!!
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    EdVedder_1 wrote:
    Is my money no good to sellers on ebay? Is it a pain in the ass to ship up here? Never had any problems getting anything before. If I am willing to pay the shipping why are people not wanting to sell..... Sorry Ifelt like ranting.
    I hear ya. I have worked out deals to buy posters in the past and then the seller pulled the plug when they found out I was from Canada.

I think the biggest problem is Canada Customs - they hold up packages for as long as 3 weeks and they often open packages/tubes (although I have never experienced that).

Shipping isn't really a huge problem unless you are shipping something FROM Canada. It costs about 4X as much to ship something from Niagara Falls, ON to a destination in the US/Canada compared to shipping the same item to the same destination from Niagara Falls, NY. It's ridiculous.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • I don't know what the deal is. It's definitely a pain to have to ask the seller if they'll ship to Canada every single time you're interested in buying something. I've had some people send 7"s up here for a few bucks but some people charge more than $20 for the same thing. I really don't know what the mail situation is like in the States.

Ask if they're willing to ship to Canada. I think it's often just an oversight in putting together the posting.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Canada_iPod_Settlement-1.jpg
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    From what I can gather, we get goods devlievered to Australia (with real tight customs too) faster than Canadians get their goods. I've never had problems getting stuff from 10c or Ebay from the states.
  • mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    I hear your complaint that it’s always more expensive shipping to Canada or even from Eastern Canada to Western Canada. Look at the 10C, apparently we are international even though I live closer the US then the folks in Alaska, Hawaii or the Virgin Islands and pay a higher membership fee.

I wonder how the people in Mexico feel. They are also next to the US and are considered to be part of "North America" (NAFTA as well) and they are, like Canadians, considered to be "International".

Makes me feel kinda distinguished to be called International though.... 8-)
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    its because of the delivery conformation . its threw the roof and its just not Canada ..
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    I have lived in Vancouver, Canada. I would say the closest international city from 10C. Things would take weeks, sometimes months, and half the time I would have to pay some type of "fee". Never forget ordered one boot, $15 i had to hand over to the post office, Ames subs were $40 per tube (bastards). I was pretty shitty. Never had someone refuse my on ebay though.

I am living in Perth Australia, I don't know but possibly furtherist city from 10C. Man things get here quicker than I thought. Only a week usually from 10C, except for the preorders they take a little longer but still quicker than Vancouver. I have never had to pay anything extra in Australia so thats a bonus.

As long as it gets to you its all good.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Canada is my favorite place to send PJ swag, everything that I've sent (and received) arrive in perfect condition and very fast, and as a bonus Canadian fans are one of the most generous and polite!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    arq wrote:
    Canada is my favorite place to send PJ swag, everything that I've sent (and received) arrive in perfect condition and very fast, and as a bonus Canadian fans are one of the most generous and polite!
    It's always good to hear positive Canada experiences :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    arq wrote:
    Canada is my favorite place to send PJ swag, everything that I've sent (and received) arrive in perfect condition and very fast

thumbsup.gif
    arq wrote:
    and as a bonus Canadian fans are one of the most generous and polite!

Accept for Montreal Canadien fans. They are the worst kind of scum! :twisted:
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    demetrios wrote:

Yep those who steal and abuse from women... Not today, not tomorrow but someday we will kick his ass... :evil:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    EdVedder_1 wrote:

One reason is many are just too damn lazy to get their fat asses & walk or drive down to their local post office to register the package & fill out the green custom forms. "Oh no, I didn't know I had to use a pen and fill out this custom form. I gotta spend 5 minutes out of my life doing this?" Fuck that. No more international packages. Next time I send something out, it's only inside my country. Just like Backspacer's exlusive stuff to Target. Target is only available in this country & their online store doesn't ship outside their country. That I like!" :twisted:
    arq wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yep those who steal and abuse from women... Not today, not tomorrow but someday we will kick his ass... :evil:

Ya talking about the wine theft from Philly Night 4? I think that guy's a NY Ranger's fan. Though he's from Quebec. I hope 10club got all the info & taken care of that guy. To touch, abuse, steal & threat a woman deserves bricks to be thrown @ his head 24/7 without stopping.