Chicago 8/23/09
Indy 5/7/10
Alpine Valley x2 2011
Wrigley 2013
Milwaukee 14
Telluride 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Perhaps Eddie and Page will whip out the ol' Going to California?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    A free show & Pearl Jam might be there?

"Organisers hope the concert will be beamed live around the world via television and the Internet to mark this year's 40th anniversary of Earth Day."

Hell yeah! :) I hope it works out. Asia need the return of some Pearl Jam loving. Maybe a few show's around that date with some friends in Japan? :mrgreen:
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Holy Shit! I hope they come over here.

I will be there!
  • Aham!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I would def travel to China for this. Went to Vietnam this summer, nice country and beautiful contintent.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    I would def travel to China for this. Went to Vietnam this summer, nice country and beautiful contintent.

Is your name Bill Gates?? :shock:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    I would def travel to China for this. Went to Vietnam this summer, nice country and beautiful contintent.

Or maybe Ingvar Kamprad????? :o :shock:
    Mhm, doggy loves IKEA!!! :lol:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    I wonder if Kat's little birdy is gonna start tweeting anytime soon? :?:

I hope so :P
  • Hm. My understanding was that artists who played at the Tibetan Freedom Concerts were prohibited from entering China.

Can't imagine PJ agreeing to play this, but let's see.

To me, the whole gig sounds like a pure greenwash to boost China's putative green credentials. It remains the 2nd biggest & fastest growing polluter on the planet, and was massively responsible for wrecking Copenhagen. A better "gift to the world" would have been not to fuck up our best opportunity to make a real impact in slowing down climate change. Is this its risible alternative?!

Transparent hypocritical propaganda and nothing else.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    Hm. My understanding was that artists who played at the Tibetan Freedom Concerts were prohibited from entering China.

To me, the whole gig sounds like a pure greenwash to boost China's putative green credentials. It remains the 2nd biggest & fastest growing polluter on the planet, and was massively responsible for wrecking Copenhagen. A better "gift to the world" would have been not to fuck up our best opportunity to make a real impact in slowing down climate change. Is this its risible alternative?!

I'm pretty sure this event isn't being organized by the Chinese Government. Last I heard there were no Led Zepp, or Pearl Jam fans within the ranks of the CCP.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Hm. My understanding was that artists who played at the Tibetan Freedom Concerts were prohibited from entering China.

I'm pretty sure this event isn't being organized by the Chinese Government. Last I heard there were no Led Zepp, or Pearl Jam fans within the ranks of the CCP.

Not saying they "organised" it, but they would have to sanction it for it to go ahead and to get this level of publicity. And do you really think that any gig with an advocacy agenda requires the organisers to be "fans" of any of the performers?! Come on! ;)
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Is your name Bill Gates??

the Vietnam-trip was 100% payed for by the Swedish Film Institute. The China trip i would use mys avings for, would have to skip buying my new videocamera... but I guess I can buy one cheap when in China :D
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Not saying they "organised" it, but they would have to sanction it for it to go ahead and to get this level of publicity. And do you really think that any gig with an advocacy agenda requires the organisers to be "fans" of any of the performers?! Come on! ;)

So the Chinese government would have to sanction it.

So what?

And was it really the Chinese that wrecked Copenhagen? Last I heard it was the Americans who threw a spanner in the works.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100113/en ... 0113165333
    'Sponsors include the Chinese People?s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, the China-based non-profit Joint-US China Collaboration on Clean Energy, the United Nations? NGO Pathways to Peace, and Ted Turner's Captain Planet Foundation.'
  • the Chinese government is the biggest human rights violater in the world!!......and they have also been found harvesting the organs of political dissidents!!

http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/chin ... arvesting/

it makes me sick that the US government even deals with them...never mind the fact they have sold us down the river to them!

and don't even get me started on the shark finning they do for a bowl of fucking soup!!!! fucking douche bags!!
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Some questions come to mind...
    He called it the first-ever global peace and environment concert in China featuring world famous celebrities and musicians.

"Tickets are free. You can't charge for peace and green. It is going to be for everybody, it's like China's gift to the world and the people," Garson told reporters

Peace Concert for China? Exactly how is it bringing peace with China's reputation regarding Tibet?

And another global concert for Earth Day? It's not bringing awareness anymore, it's just adding to the pollution problems...

And I thought Aerosmith was on the verge of breaking up, so how are they already committed to doing a show in China?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Perhaps Eddie and Page will whip out the ol' Going to California?
    holy shit that would be epic!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    the Chinese government is the biggest human rights violater in the world!!......and they have also been found harvesting the organs of political dissidents!!

http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/chin ... arvesting/

it makes me sick that the US government even deals with them...never mind the fact they have sold us down the river to them!

and don't even get me started on the shark finning they do for a bowl of fucking soup!!!! fucking douche bags!!

+1
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Where's the China meet-up going to be? Are there dive bars in China where we can take over the jukebox?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I find it hilarious that whilst the U.S is currently ripping apart two foreign countries, on the back of just having slaughtered over 1 million Iraqi's, and whilst singularly still giving 100% support to the racist rogue state that is Israel, that so many people here get on their moral high-horse about China. When was the last time China attacked any other country? They invaded Tibet in 1949.

The Chinese government are far from perfect, but then neither are the greed-heads in D.C. And this concert isn't about the Chinese government, just as Lollapalooza isn't about the U.S government and it's crimes. This is a concert/festival for the people to help bring awareness to some important issues.

It would be great if Pearl Jam played here.
    Where's the China meet-up going to be? Are there dive bars in China where we can take over the jukebox?

If Pearl Jam play Beijing I'll organize a pre-show and after-show meet-up.
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    edited January 2010
    Until now, I had been caring only about my own country. How many times did they play in China ?
    Japan tour ..ONLY ONLY 2 times :|
    yes,we hunger for pearl jam-love :cry:
    I hope you Chinese fans enjoy the PJ show any which way (and stop in Japan :mrgreen: )
    Post edited by bunny on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It would be great if Pearl Jam played here.

It sure will. :)
    Come on Kat! I'm dying here! :shifty:

Are any little birdy's tweeting near you?
  • and they have also been found harvesting the organs of political dissidents!!

So do israel, USA:s little friend in the middle east. And ofc when a swedish newspaper ran a story about it Israel called sweden antisemetic(spelling?). Haha.
  • Byrnzie wrote:

So the Chinese government would have to sanction it.

So what?

And was it really the Chinese that wrecked Copenhagen? Last I heard it was the Americans who threw a spanner in the works.
    For the record, I never suggested that China was exclusively responsible, but they were still largely responsible, and yes, the US should share it's shoulder of the blame, amongst others. But many of the reports that I heard suggested that the largest amount of obfuscation was coming from China. (e.g. http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... mark-lynas) And since China is who we're talking about here, why is it a problem that that's who I mention?

As for your "so what?" Well that's exactly my point in the first place. So this: I think it's hypocritical that a government who is taking pathetically weak steps to curb it's detrimental impact on the environment, and who stood in the way, for self-interested reasons (yes, amongst others who did the same but that's not the point here), of something that could reverse that, to sanction a gig that purports to show that it has green credentials.

Can say this any more clearly?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where's the China meet-up going to be? Are there dive bars in China where we can take over the jukebox?

If Pearl Jam play Beijing I'll organize a pre-show and after-show meet-up.

I will be there!
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    kazuki.k wrote:
    Until now, I had been caring only about my own country. How many times did they play in China ?
    Japan tour ..ONLY ONLY 2 times :|
    yes,we hunger for pearl jam-love :cry:
    I hope you Chinese fans enjoy the PJ show any which way (and stop in Japan :mrgreen: )

and never in Hong Kong too.
  • Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    Yes!! An Asian tour would be GREAT!!!
    Please come to Japan again ,We Have been waiting patiently for so long!!! :)
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
    For the record, I never suggested that China was exclusively responsible, but they were still largely responsible, and yes, the US should share it's shoulder of the blame, amongst others. But many of the reports that I heard suggested that the largest amount of obfuscation was coming from China. (e.g. http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... mark-lynas) And since China is who we're talking about here, why is it a problem that that's who I mention?

As for your "so what?" Well that's exactly my point in the first place. So this: I think it's hypocritical that a government who is taking pathetically weak steps to curb it's detrimental impact on the environment, and who stood in the way, for self-interested reasons (yes, amongst others who did the same but that's not the point here), of something that could reverse that, to sanction a gig that purports to show that it has green credentials.

Can say this any more clearly?

So you'll be protesting the next concert for the environment in the U.S too then?