PJ Posters - Deck of Cards

sludawg13sludawg13 Posts: 63
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I just saw on DMB's Facebook page that Methane is doing a deck of cards using their 2009 tour posters.

It sure would be pretty bad ass if PJ did it with their best show posters from over the years.

I'd definitely drop a few bucks on a deck of those cards! Hell, I'd probably buy two so I could keep one with all my other collectibles.

I guess it wouldn't be too far fetched considering the Ten of Clubs goods......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    I would buy 2 decks as well. Someone get on this......
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    And here I thought this thread was about the Yield promo poster w/ the playing cards... and how you were going to give one to me for being such a nice and great and friendly and nice guy!

As for an actual deck of playing cards... I'm pretty sure several months ago someone suggested this idea. I'm all for it. Badass = this idea.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    I have the DMB ones... the images are nice, however the cards aren't holding up too well... wish I had bought 2 decks. I have played about 10 games of crib with the cards and some of them are starting to come apart...

That being said, would be awesome if PJ did something similar.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Yeah baby! Where do I sign up? They'll probably do a whole "one per member" type of thing.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • hell, im not even big on card games and i still think this idea is pretty sweet 8-)

how about ames gets the red suits and BK can have the black?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • hell, im not even big on card games and i still think this idea is pretty sweet 8-)

how about ames gets the red suits and BK can have the black?

Haha, I don't know, the poster freaks like me would almost know what other people were holding just by the poster on their card!

I wonder how'd they do it.......maybe just totally random, or only choose like 10 different posters, or a different poster on every card??
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    sludawg13 wrote:
    I'd definitely drop a few bucks on a deck of those cards! Hell, I'd probably buy two so I could keep one with all my other collectibles.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    The DMB ones have a different poster on every card. Mind you all of DMB posters are all done by methane... And all the posters are from the 2009 tour... Still very nice however... Keeping in mind they were $15 per pack...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I have an extra DMB pack thats unopened if anyone is interested. 8-)
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    They're not playing cards. But let's face it, if they were nobody would use them. Then when they sell out you'd see ads to sell 'still sealed,' never been used PJ cards

6920:14415.jpg
    6920:21808.jpg
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • They're not playing cards. But let's face it, if they were nobody would use them. Then when they sell out you'd see ads to sell 'still sealed,' never been used PJ cards

6920:14415.jpg
    6920:21808.jpg

It would make sense, especially with the Ten of Clubs!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Gigposters.com also was selling playing cards (obviously, not all PJ posters) ... their site is currently down for maintenance, but, I thought it was pretty cool idea.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Thoughts on the 4 Aces?

Assuming all PJ posters are eligible ... these are not necessarily my favorites, but, what I think are the Aces of the PJ poster history which actually come from 3 different artists, two from Ames for ovbious reasons. (To me this isn't even close to Kalsuen's best, but, it's heavily desired by many).

My 4 quick choices ... up for debate.

9972:678.jpg

9972:1433.jpg

9972:29628.jpg

9972:1434.jpg

Oh, and the back of the deck could be this one by Firehouse/Chuck Sperry & Ron Donovan ...
    9972:1439.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    For every 100 decks sold 1 would be signed by the band and randomly inserted.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • I've done this with some PJ posters: http://www.yourplayingcards.com Good quality cards.
    107 Shows and counting