rolling stone votes pearl jam and bs in underated albums

luke.luke. Posts: 190
edited January 2010 in The Porch
rolling stone voted a couple pj albums as most underated in the decade ... as much as pj are my fav band i couldnt agree more with the number one spot.
thought id share http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... he-decade/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 1. The Killers – Sam’s Town
    2. Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam
    3. Kings of Leon – Because of the Times
    4. R.E.M – Accelerate
    5. Radiohead – Hail to the Thief
    6. The Killers – Day & Age
    7. The Raconteurs – Consolers of the Lonely
    8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Show Your Bones
    9. Beck – Guero
    10. Muse – Black Holes and Revelations
    11. Pearl Jam – Backspacer
    12. The Mars Volta – De-Loused in the Comatorium
    13. Them Crooked Vultures – Them Crooked Vultures..
    14. Guns n’ Roses – Chinese Democracy
    15. Alice in Chains – Black Gives Way to Blue
    16. Franz Ferdinand – You Could Have It So Much Better
    17. Green Day – Warning
    18. Wilco – Wilco (The Album)
    19. Cake – Comfort Eagle
    20. Blink-182 – Blink-182

woow some are stunning ..some i dont care for...i bought them crooked vultures after all the hype in here..still not into it 100%
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    After seeing another thread with the highest selling albums of the year, I know which list I'd rather own (actually, I already do own a lot of those albnums on this list).
  • Interesting AIC is on there. I think the new album is great. Rolling Stone gave it like 2 stars when it came out, now it's underated.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    How about "Get Behind Me Satan" by the White Stripes? Only Jack White can take the complete opposite route of making an album right after "Elephant" and it's still that damn good. Now that album is underrated.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Everything Jack White does is OVERRATED.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • See, as far as Pearl Jam underrated albums of the '00s, I'd vote for Binaural over Avocado for that list. I mean, I actually think Avocado got lots of press, lots of attention, was hailed as the best PJ album since Vitalogy in most mainstream publications, etc. It's a great album, but I think Binaural is one of those albums that rewards repeated listens, just growns on you over time and reveals so many subtle nuances over time. It's not as immediate as Avocado or Backspacer, so I think that lends it to being underrated. It's a great album and no one seems to remember it (outside of us fans, that is). That's truly underrated.

Oh, and Sam's Town being most underrated? Puh-leeeze. I think people hit the nail on the head with that one - it's not underrated, it's just not that good! Couple of good songs, for sure, but that's how I feel about every Killers album - they are a decent singles band, that's it.
  • luke.luke. Posts: 190

Oh, and Sam's Town being most underrated? Puh-leeeze. I think people hit the nail on the head with that one - it's not underrated, it's just not that good! Couple of good songs, for sure, but that's how I feel about every Killers album - they are a decent singles band, that's it.

your opinion is wrong
  • luke. wrote:

your opinion is wrong

opinions cant be wrong
  • how are those albums underrated?? id say nearly all of them got the recognition they deserved... many of them more than deserved IMO... and if the stupid twats at those shit music mags/blogs didnt rate them in the first place then they wouldnt have to worry about over/under rating them
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • evenflow82 wrote:

If by "overrated" you mean "awesome," then yes, I'd have to agree with this assessment.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • evenflow82 wrote:

You sir, are incorrect.
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    1. The Killers – Sam’s Town
    2. Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam
    3. Kings of Leon – Because of the Times
    4. R.E.M – Accelerate
    5. Radiohead – Hail to the Thief
    6. The Killers – Day & Age
    7. The Raconteurs – Consolers of the Lonely
    8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Show Your Bones
    9. Beck – Guero
    10. Muse – Black Holes and Revelations
    11. Pearl Jam – Backspacer
    12. The Mars Volta – De-Loused in the Comatorium
    13. Them Crooked Vultures – Them Crooked Vultures..
    14. Guns n’ Roses – Chinese Democracy
    15. Alice in Chains – Black Gives Way to Blue
    16. Franz Ferdinand – You Could Have It So Much Better
    17. Green Day – Warning
    18. Wilco – Wilco (The Album)
    19. Cake – Comfort Eagle
    20. Blink-182 – Blink-182

woow some are stunning ..some i dont care for...i bought them crooked vultures after all the hype in here..still not into it 100%

since when is a Radiohead album underrated?
    I miss igotid88
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    evenflow82 wrote:

A-fuckin-men
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    evenflow82 wrote:
    I strongly disagree.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

your opinion is wrong

Thanks for the stimulating discourse ;)