record fix??

toolietoolie Posts: 391
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I have a copy of no code with small scratch on "present tense", which has become my fave pj song since saskatoon. Does anyone know if vinyl is repairable, or if i should scrap it? Such a shame...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• There are others that can answer that question better than I. Just wanted to offer my condolences for the diminished condition of such an amazing lp.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    "small my table, now seats 3

got so crowded, oh lucky me

where the fuck did they come from?...

SASKATOON!"
  • toolietoolie Posts: 391
    thanks fenway, appreciate it. I 'll probably end up buying another but I don't want to scrap this one!
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    my advice would be to take a damp microfiber towel and gently rub parallel along the groove by the scratch to see if there might be any debris stuck in there that could be lifted out.

if there's anything better, i'm not aware of it. that doesn't mean there isn't a better solution, though. it's just what i would try to do. it's likely the scratch won't be going away ever, but if there has been dirt or small particles that got stuck in the groove, gently cleaning it might help some.
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Send it to me and I'll try to fix it. If I can't fix it I'll throw it away for you :lol:
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.