Terrible Insomnia?

2»

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    when i can't sleep, i move to the couch and fall asleep like a baby. don't know why, but it works.

i've taken tylenol PM, but the next day is hell getting up.
    Try taking Benadryl (generic will do). No hang over the next day or if you wakeup in a few hours no hang over. Tylenol PM is horrible.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I suffer from this as well....I only find relief three times per week when I get completely drunk and this includes; Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday....the rest of the days I'm fucked in terms of trying to get some sleep....good luck all..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I always have trouble falling asleep. Lately however I've been falling asleep faster, but it's only on occasion.

I would honestly just learn to deal with it. I heard sleeping pills just make it even harder to fall asleep when you're not on them. Question: are you always tired?

yeah im always tired prolly cuz i get no sleep lol
    ive tried stuff like taking a bath, listening to relaxing music, etc nothing helps, except sleeping pills but then getting up is hard. I could try exercising more that might help

when I asked if youre always tired I meant naturally. It's probably hard to to tell, but for me I'm always sorta tired. I constantly yawn no matter what and even though I hardly sleep I know it's just natural. If you're like that then I would say it's the same for you. But I'm no doctor lol

i would just learn to deal with it. But have you ever tried falling asleep with the TV on? That ALWAYS works for me. It Works for everyone I know too.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :x

all i wanna do is dream about ziggy :fp: :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Insomnia sucks. Moon Drops, a homeopathic product, helps. I've had the best success with Sonata. Doesn't knock you out like Ambien or give you some kind of weird hangover in the morning.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Insomnia sucks. Drifted off and then woke up. One of my cousin's movies was on when I woke up so now I have to watch. I guess it will be an early morning breakfast for me now. Could be worse I guess.:evil: :fp:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Last night woke up every hour watching the clock ...
    like I was waiting waiting

other times I sleep well, no ghosts, I haven't found a rhyme yet.

What is so odd is the best sleep now, in my older years, is naptime ;)

I hope the OP has found some relief, seems in life the troubles come and they go
    but it's pretty much always something.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    Once in awhile i've had it. Can't fall asleep lots of crap on my mind.

Anyone ever read Stephen King's novel "Insomnia"? That was one of my fav books from him.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Once in awhile i've had it. Can't fall asleep lots of crap on my mind.

Anyone ever read Stephen King's novel "Insomnia"? That was one of my fav books from him.

I love that book!!

I have insomnia (chronic initial, acute terminal), and think of this story almost every time I hear the term.

Melatonin helps.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I seem to go in weird spurts - This week has been bad for me and last night around 3am I wanted to get up and start cleaning :? I decided on reading a book instead and fell back to sleep around 4:30am or so.

I have tried many different approaches to make me sleep thru the night and nothing seems to work. I just try and accept that every few weeks I go thru a bad couple of nights.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I usually don't get to sleep until 4 to 5am. Don't even know why, I try going to sleep but my mind won't shut off. I tried smoking pot or drinking beer but it just keeps me up all night.

Once in awhile I'm able to fall asleep before 10pm but when I do I wake up at 1am and am up all night and into the next day.

I found that melatonin worked the one time I tried that. Was out in a few minutes with loud music and lights on.
  • Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 238
    I don't know if my problem is insomnia, or if it's that I drink coffee at midnight sometimes. Oops.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    oona left wrote:
    Melatonin helps.

Melatonin helped my ex. His sleep deprivation was caused by anxiety. Specifically, his mind wouldn't shut up.
    I suffered from insomnia briefly in college. Sleeping meds didn't help at all. What finally did work was exhausting myself physically and repeating the phrase "I am so sleepy!" That sounds ridiculous, but I guess after a while of repeating it, I bought it.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    somebody come tuck me in so i can sleep :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    is it insomnia when you wake up in the middle of the night. :fp:

bit on the annoying side
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Does anyone else get terrible insomnia? I usually can't fall asleep until atleast 4am, and then I can barely function at school. My wonderful father has it too.
    How do you guys function with so little sleep??

Yes I get it...mine will usually last for a few days. It's inherited from my father as well. I am a terrible sleeper to begin with...usually no more than 4-5 hour a night anyways.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Fall time into winter is the best sleep time for me...
    like a bear :mrgreen:

I think insomnia is more seasonal for me. Keeping a diary can help getting to know
    your body and it's biorhythms.
    i slept too much the last two nights. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i slept too much the last two nights. :fp:
    lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Can't sleep. :fp: Flight tomorrow for a good week coming up. Feel like a drunk kid at Christmas! :fp:
  • Ive tried alot of drugs seroquil, ambien, lunesta...Nothing works.. Meditation and moving all day seems to help. I walk five miles a day, ride a bmx really heavy bike, go in the ocean when possible, try to read and write, play a boring video game, talk about the shatty past, and try to meet like minded people daily...Be grateful you do not have restless leg syndrome.. When mine kicks in I want to turn into the Incredible hulk or kool aid man and jump through walls....Most important keep a good sense of humor..ps try watching foreign films with sub titles..peace and rest...S
    Ive tried alot of drugs seroquil, ambien, lunesta...Nothing works.. Meditation and moving all day seems to help. I walk five miles a day, ride a bmx really heavy bike, go in the ocean when possible, try to read and write, play a boring video game, talk about the shatty past, and try to meet like minded people daily...Be grateful you do not have restless leg syndrome.. When mine kicks in I want to turn into the Incredible hulk or kool aid man and jump through walls....Most important keep a good sense of humor..ps try watching foreign films with sub titles..peace and rest...S
    Great advice and what a great attitude! :thumbup:

I too have experienced restless leg very mild when I was a young girl.
    It was a weird sensation appearing randomly. At the time, this was 35-40 years ago,
    I didn't know what it was and being a person who pretty much never sees a doctor
    just lived through it if indeed that's what it was.

It has since disappeared but I do have a mild problem
    with other involuntary movement though that interrupts sleep at times.
    We are complex beings that sometimes are hard to shut down,
    many things can work against that.

What has always helped me the very most is my mother's attitude
    of acceptance and courage ... her mantra
    tomorrow is another day ... and this as all things shall pass...
    there is a sense of peace in her words for me :D
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    WTF, i went out last night, had a few drinks, didn;t stay out too late, went to bed at 1:30 and woke up at 6:30 :fp: I've done this before. Guess i'll be taking a nap later on today :lol: (hopefully not during the eagles game).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC