Berlin 09 boot, what did Ed say?

luke.harvey3luke.harvey3 Posts: 283
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Before I Am Mine in German? Was at the show, but just wondered?
Probably guess "enjoy" or something but anything else?
Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 'I wonder where that fish did go. A fish, a fish, a fishy ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh'
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    'I wonder where that fish did go. A fish, a fish, a fishy ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8NmLFTHpxI
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    'I wonder where that fish did go. A fish, a fish, a fishy ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8NmLFTHpxI

:lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCmg1ewMnhY
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    he says "Endlich sind wir wieder in Berlin...und freuen uns über diese schöne Sommernacht"
    means like "Finally we are back in Berlin ... and appreciate this beautiful summer night"
    so nothing spectacular, but was sooo nice to hear him speaking german!!

and before Rockin in a free world he said "Wir haben diesen Song schon viele Male gespielt, aber noch niemals hier. Ich glaube, ihn hier zu spielen hat eine große Bedeutung!" means like "We have played this song many times already , but never here. I think playing it here has a special meaning!"

i cried tears of joy when he tried to say this last words :D there was some point when he stuttered triying to say "viele Male" (he wrote it down like "feelaymallay" and couldnt spell it right)...was sooooo sweet :oops: :D
  • German is such a great language i should have kept studying it after school.
  • 71step28 wrote:
    he says "Endlich sind wir wieder in Berlin...und freuen uns über diese schöne Sommernacht"
    means like "Finally we are back in Berlin ... and appreciate this beautiful summer night"

and before Rockin in a free world he said "Wir haben diesen Song schon viele Male gespielt, aber noch niemals hier. Ich glaube, ihn hier zu spielen hat eine große Bedeutung!" means like "We have played this song many times already , but never here. I think playing it here has a special meaning!"

i cried tears of joy when he tried to say this last words :D there was some point when he stuttered triying to say "viele Male" (he wrote it down like "feelaymallay" and couldnt spell it right)...was sooooo sweet :oops: :D
    Thank u....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    yeah, i love german, too :D (happy its my native language) but i know its hard to learn for others... even LOTS of germans have difficulties with their own language ;)
  • 71step28 wrote:
    yeah, i love german, too :D (happy its my native language) but i know its hard to learn for others... even LOTS of germans have difficulties with their own language ;)

It's the same with the English too :lol:
  • Its all chinese to me...(is how we call in Greece the :its all Greek to me) :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Its all chinese to me...(is how we call in Greece the :its all Greek to me) :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • great thread.

it's touching ed takes the time to do that. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• great thread.

Eddie speaks Greek .Athens 06
    http://www.pearljam.com/show/oaka-sport ... ep-30-2006
  • I want him speaking Irish at the gig in Dublin! :D

Maybe not the gig in Belfast though :? :lol:
    Crowd: "UUUUUKKK!"
    Eddie: "I see you've acknowledged the Ukulele"
    Crowd: "UUUUUUUUKKKKK!!!"
    Eddie: "Too bad this is a mandolin you uncultured bastards"
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I want him speaking Irish at the gig in Dublin! :D

Shit, pour enough guiness into me and I walk, talk, fight and spew Irish.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I want him speaking Irish at the gig in Dublin! :D

Shit, pour enough guiness into me and I walk, talk, fight and spew Irish.
    Same deal. One of my good friens and I talk to eachother in Irish accents when drunk. VERY amusing when stumbling down Ste. Catherines in Montreal.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    great thread.

"KNOW SOMEDAY YOULL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE,,I JUST LOOK TO MY SISTER..
    SHE WAS CRYING AND SMILING THE SAME TIME,,,,"

Beautiful Demitris!

Ed sure is a special person...he speaks to my soul as well.

I find myself crying and laughing together many times when listening to Ed...it seems like he knows what's in your heart, doesn't it?

Love you Dimitris...hope to see you in Philly or New York~ :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    great thread.

I've seen this. My mother would kiss him.
    I don't even speak Greek and my mother was born there! :( (Well, a little, just some insults and random swearing) :D
    I wonder if Eddie realizes it's not just connecting. It's the utmost respect. Europeans, ethnic people are very proud. Passionate too.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• WE LOVE YOU EDDIE!

there's nobody like you anywhere. :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• great thread.

"KNOW SOMEDAY YOULL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE,,I JUST LOOK TO MY SISTER..
    SHE WAS CRYING AND SMILING THE SAME TIME,,,,"

Beautiful Demitris!

Ed sure is a special person...he speaks to my soul as well.

I find myself crying and laughing together many times when listening to Ed...it seems like he knows what's in your heart, doesn't it?

Love you Dimitris...hope to see you in Philly or New York~ :)
    ;) ..
  • 71step28 wrote:

and his best wishes to the couple that got married. "Viel Glück!" :D
    before 'given to fly' I guess
    Salzburg, Austria 06-18-2000
    Vienna, Austria 09-25-2006
    Vienna, Austria 06-16-2007
    Berlin, Germany 08-15-2009
    Berlin, Germany 06-30-2010
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-26-2012
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-27-2012
    Praha, Czech Republic 07-02-2012
    Trieste, Italy 06-22-2014
    Vienna, Austria 06-25-2014
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Eddie is one very special dude <3
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~