gorgeous frame job BUT...

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited January 2010 in The Porch
http://cgi.ebay.com/Framed-Pearl-Jam-Po ... 500wt_1182

look at this price and the shipping too. hahaha. what a joker.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    dump the boyfriend ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • :wtf:

If i win the lottery...
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    why do you think it's so funny?

price is on the high side but it's not really ridiculous

$200 poster + 300 frame job

not so unreasonable?

yeah she just needs to find a new boyfriend ;)

i'd let my unframed version go for $190
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    edited January 2010
    $300 for a FRAMEJOB? I frame and matte my own for less than $40. You're getting hosed, I'll frame yours for $200. How's that sound? :mrgreen:

Also, yeah, I didn;t get that far into the description but yes... she needs to find a new BF. lol. I'd never even consider dating a woman who said "Pearl Jam or me, pick one". Ummm... OK! Pearl Jam!
    Post edited by starmap3333 on
  • dump the boyfriend ;)

I was just about to say that myself! I wouldn't move in with a boyfriend that made me get rid of my PJ posters.
    My money says she regrets selling her posters within 6 months. :mrgreen::lol:
  • dump the boyfriend ;)

Ditto! OMG

I actually don't think the price is outrageous - framing can be expensive. I've had much simpler framing work done for $200, so I figure this could've cost at least that or maybe even more towards $300, plus the price of the poster... maybe it could be a little cheaper but it seems fair enough...
    $300 for a FRAMEJOB? I frame and matte my own for less than $40. You're getting hosed, I'll frame yours for $200. How's that sound? :mrgreen:

sounds like you use some quality materials there ... maybe the frame from walmart and the matting from spags? ;)

lets see some pics of these gems!!

i know framing can be done for cheaper... i know this

but when you start adding multiple mats and higher quality glass ... prices rise
    How am I framing mine so inexpensively? I mean, the frames are wooden, but they are plastic windows... maybe that's why.
    My money says she regrets selling her posters within 6 months. :mrgreen::lol:

especially after she meets me at a MSG preshow and falls in love ;) hahaha
    dump the boyfriend ;)

I was just about to say that myself! I wouldn't move in with a boyfriend that made me get rid of my PJ posters.

someone always has some bullshit excuse for selling posters

some of them may be legit... but i'd guess most aren't

i think people are afraid to be honest and say they'd rather the money in their pocket
    nooooooooo no walmart. there's a thrift store here that, somehow, gets amazing framage... mint. i'll post some pics sometime. not really a top priority... i guess my point was i would never pay $300 for a frame job. maybe a hand job... from .... eh, nevermind.
  • "but I'm moving in with my boyfriend and it's not his thing"

What does this kid like? Give this dude an ultimatum. Either the poster stays or its over. Make a stand I say.

Guaranteed this kid put his girlfriend up to this also.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    nooooooooo no walmart. there's a thrift store here that, somehow, gets amazing framage... mint. i'll post some pics sometime. not really a top priority... i guess my point was i would never pay $300 for a frame job. maybe a hand job... from .... eh, nevermind.

don't worry about the pics

i'm sure you think they look great...

and i'm sure you think your Scion is just as nice as a BMW ;)
    no i drive a honda s2000 and live in a trailer shaped like a rhombus.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    The museum glass alone is over $125. Double mattes, beveled edge frame. $500 doesn't seem so unreasonable. Just think if it was an AP, S/N by Number 7.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life

ahhh... small penis and couldn't afford the mazda miata huh?

i got it

:mrgreen:

hahaha... just kiddin
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Nice car. Wanted one back in 03, but with the lack of rear seating had to settle for a Saab 9.3
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    lol i'm kidding dude. sports cars are for... i'm not allowed to say it here per my reprimand in earlier days. ya gotta overcompensate somehow! whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a mita or s2000 is not a sports car....ok maybe technically they are, but it's not a man's sports car
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • According to UPS Worldship. It cost $127.10 to send a 20 lb Package UPS Ground to Calif (from Philadelphia). it probably is around $115 from Ohio. You have to expect to ship to California.

His shipping cost are fair.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    "but I'm moving in with my boyfriend and it's not his thing"

What does this kid like? Give this dude an ultimatum. Either the poster stays or its over. Make a stand I say.

he apparently is not into toy bears either---she is also selling a shitload of those!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:

he apparently is not into toy bears either---she is also selling a shitload of those!!!

:lol: she sure is! Wonder if he is getting rid of anything she doesn't like.
    Lizard wrote:

haha... that's funny shiiite