New Orleans Jazz fest

HG239040HG239040 Posts: 3
edited January 2010 in The Porch
What day are PJ performing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    My money is on May 1. They are playing on the second weekend, and the main headliner usually gets the Saturday slot because the Neville Brothers have the Sunday night slot to close it out. No official day has been announced yet (that will come closer to the time), but that's usually how it works out. Another thing to note, the headliners usually go onstage around 5pm and play for two hours - so you'll be at a PJ concert that will end while the sun is still up. That's not a bad thing though - more time for drinking in the French Quarter when it's over with! Check out the music clubs in the Quarter too - you'll usually find Jazzfest musicians showing up randomly to jam. Probably won't see PJ in the Quarter, but you'll find a lot of the nationally lesser-known artists jamming until the wee small hours - it's a musician's paradise.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i'll be on frenchman st with eddie ;)
  • Thanks for the info. I'm heading down from Canada so I don't want to miss the show. Although it's a pretty solid lineup! :?:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Still on the fence about this one- wish they would hurry up and announce some more shows if there are any
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Still on the fence about this one- wish they would hurry up and announce some more shows if there are any

I just recently decided whether or not they announce shows close to me or not I AM IN for the Jazz Fest. Ill see ya there Rog. :mrgreen:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    LukinFan wrote:

I just recently decided whether or not they announce shows close to me or not I AM IN for the Jazz Fest. Ill see ya there Rog. :mrgreen:
    Really? Sweet! Are you going for the entire weekend? Do you have a room yet?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Really? Sweet! Are you going for the entire weekend? Do you have a room yet?

No room yet. No Tix yet. I think Im gonna head down on Fri and leave Sunday. I might only get a 1 day pass. I just dont wanna take too many days off the books from work cause I plan on using a ton this year as it is. Oh, and Im going with a friend. You may know her, Kiera. :mrgreen:
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    My money is on May 1. They are playing on the second weekend, and the main headliner usually gets the Saturday slot because the Neville Brothers have the Sunday night slot to close it out. No official day has been announced yet (that will come closer to the time), but that's usually how it works out.

I was just looking at the 2009 schedule. It showed Wilco on Saturday at 5:30 and DMB on Sunday at 5:30. I would think DMB is the main headliner, no? I wish they would just announce the schedule soon. I'm planning on staying through Monday anyways. They wouldn't put PJ and Panic at the same time slot on the same day would they? I really really hope not. It's interesting all the shows end in the evening. I didn't know that. That will be new.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    LukinFan wrote:

+1!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam