US gettin a full tour in support of Backspacer or what?

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited January 2010 in The Porch
It seems odd, doesn't it? Here we are, weeks into 2010 and there are no dates set except for a few in Europe. I blame this on Chris Cornell and his need to reform Soundgarden, who, let's be honest, were never really THAT great of a band.
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• long red wrote:
    It seems odd, doesn't it? Here we are, weeks into 2010 and there are no dates set except for a few in Europe. I blame this on Chris Cornell and his need to reform Soundgarden, who, let's be honest, were never really THAT great of a band.
    :roll: :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • long red wrote:

Dude it anit been weeks! it's only been 10 bluddy days since we have come into 2010 man

i say give it a few weeks an you will hear about shows.

btw Soundgarden rockss! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    the way 10c runs, i wouldnt expect to hear dates until the day before the show...and then they would announce it one show at a time too :)

oh and i agree...soundgarden was never that good
  • Soundgarden was a terrific studio band, live, just okay...Ben is a brilliant bassist though!

and, yes, the US will get a full tour, just not in February! :?
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    The right answer is "OR WHAT?"
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • patience, grasshopper.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • long red wrote:

So, Soundgarden was just great, but not THAT great? I would love to see your rubric on how to judge the greatness of bands. Please do enlighten us...
  • Here's mine...

rubic.jpg

Oh shit, you said rubric!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • So, Soundgarden was just great, but not THAT great? I would love to see your rubric on how to judge the greatness of bands. Please do enlighten us...

I DON'T LIKE THEM.

consider yourself enlightened.
  • long red wrote:
    So, Soundgarden was just great, but not THAT great? I would love to see your rubric on how to judge the greatness of bands. Please do enlighten us...

I DON'T LIKE THEM.

consider yourself enlightened.

Dude - I was enlightened a long time ago - I am the chosen one
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,534
    Soundgarden was a terrific studio band, live, just okay...Ben is a brilliant bassist though!

and, yes, the US will get a full tour, just not in February! :?

.. and probably not March, April & May. If this Soundgarden thing happens, it'll gonna happen soon. Cause if Pearl Jam tours very soon in NA, when will Matt have time to rehearsal & get together with Soundgarden?
  • Here's mine...

rubic.jpg

Oh shit, you said rubric!

HAHAHAHAHAHA This just made me laugh my ass off
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • NA PJ tour was cancelled, in case you missed it. But theyre still playing that Jazz festival.

I'm also hoping they have a new DVD coming out. maybe of the Philly boots?
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,534

Like the way you think! :)
  • NA PJ tour was cancelled, in case you missed it. But theyre still playing that Jazz festival.

Canceled? Since when and why? Were there dates established?
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    long red wrote:

You've got more than thousand posts and you still do not understand this isn't even the last place to talk trash about the brethren? :shock:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    long red wrote:

You've got more than thousand posts and you still do not understand this isn't even the last place to talk trash about the brethren? :shock:

whats the difference? this isn't a Soundgarden board.

does Soundgarden even have a board? does anyone even care?

i tell ya, if they reform, they better tour with PJ. Otherwise, they'll be playing to a lotta empty arenas.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    long red wrote:
    Canceled? Since when and why? Were there dates established?

Pearl Jam initially intended to launch a North American tour at Jazz Fest, Davis said. When the band scrapped plans for the tour, the Jazz Fest date also seemed doomed. However, Pearl Jam's representatives called back to say the band still wanted to play the festival. So far, Jazz Fest is Pearl Jam's only announced American festival date for 2010.

http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/ ... /post.html
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    patience, grasshopper.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • There might not be a complete tour of North America but there will be at least a few other dates besides the Jazz Festival...
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    The lack of a true NA tour to support Backspacer is a disgrace. I can't believe PJ has started to tour like Madonna.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • rybesrybes Posts: 136
    My assumption is they cannot post tour details until one of the major festivals in North America posts their line-up.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    The lack of a true NA tour to support Backspacer is a disgrace. I can't believe PJ has started to tour like Madonna.

That is true, but look at the bright side. We get to watch Boom play the keys wearing his metallic cone shaped bra!
  • long red wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    long red wrote:

i tell ya, if they reform, they better tour with PJ. Otherwise, they'll be playing to a lotta empty arenas.

Yes, of course, Long Red ... if only every band would listen to your sound advice as to whom to tour with, they would be so much better off.
  • Yes, of course, Long Red ... if only every band would listen to your sound advice as to whom to tour with, they would be so much better off.

thank you for agreeing with me.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    long red wrote:

Yes, of course, Long Red ... if only every band would listen to your sound advice as to whom to tour with, they would be so much better off.
    :mrgreen::lol:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • long red wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    long red wrote:

You are nuts if you think no one cares. They might not play in arenas, because there are only a handful of rock bands that can play arenas anymore, but they will still play in decent sized venues.
  • long red wrote:

thank you for agreeing with me.

You are quite welcome, Long Red - it has been a while since we had some pearls of wisdom from you, so please, do not hesitate to enlighten us further with your advice.
  • what.
    All those yesterdays...I am mine.