Austin City Limits

OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I posted this on the porch but i'm thinking alot of people "here" don't always hit the Porch and I wanted to share it with eveyone. Maybe you have seen it but if not definately take the time to sit back and watch....such a good show!

http://video.pbs.org/video/1335500400/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thanks. I taped the program with a VHS tape! Oups! I'm showing my age.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    We may have our own differences on the train but one thing we all have in common is we believe that Pearl Jam totaly rocks!

Dream the Dreams of other men....you will be no ones rival!
  • Speaking as a child of the 70s,

And having seen many shows, whether recorded or live, PJ @ ACL was the best. Don't get me wrong there is nothing like being there, especially when you're lucky enough to be close, but the set alone crushed my thirst (in general- and for live backspacers!), and Ed's performance was quite on (can't remember exactly, he made reference as to how good the show "felt"... fuck he sounded good). B Harper electrocuted "red mosquito." Made my hair stand on end, a mere bonus. Hail those in front. What a set. What a show. What a band.
    I'm going to Lukin's... someday
  • Thanks so much for posting this link,i hadnt seen all of ACL,just a few clips so now i know what everyone has been talking about.....Brilliant perfomance!!!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • I watched it at home:)
    After getting the show from internet.
    For me there are 2 important things for ACL:
    1. They played many songs from Backspacer which was great.
    2. "Red Mosquito" performance was greatest for me. Ben and Mike and also Ed's attention to the song was great.
    But I still prefer the big crowds, all singing with Ed, and jumping all around.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thanks. I taped the program with a VHS tape! Oups! I'm showing my age.

Anyone get it on DVD?
  • redrock wrote:

Anyone get it on DVD?
    what do u need exactly..?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    thanks!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:

Anyone get it on DVD?

Well D.... someone recorded it on VHS, maybe someone recorded on DVD? :P Just checking, just in case..... Damn... do I have to spell it out? :lol:
  • redrock wrote:

Well D.... someone recorded it on VHS, maybe someone recorded on DVD? :P Just checking, just in case..... Damn... do I have to spell it out? :lol:
    pm sent...spelling
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    it was a cool show, for sure. highlights for me: porch (f'n scorching), army reserve and red mosquito.

however... eddie was not having a great day. listen to amongst the waves, for one example.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Got it on my DVR along with People Speak and Kennedy Honors- watch all often- the performances are flawless
    Eddie is compelling to watch and his voice is simply beautiful. They are all keepers
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Thanks for posting, I saw it the night it was on, so it's nice to see it again.
  • Eddie was perfect at Red Mosquito.
    But I am agree that he was not in that well shape.
    For example, Unthought Known.

By the way I do not know the ones in USA but in Europe, you can get it from some(Emule)where :D
  • zvaughn42 wrote:
    Speaking as a child of the 70s,

And having seen many shows, whether recorded or live, PJ @ ACL was the best. Don't get me wrong there is nothing like being there, especially when you're lucky enough to be close, but the set alone crushed my thirst (in general- and for live backspacers!), and Ed's performance was quite on (can't remember exactly, he made reference as to how good the show "felt"... fuck he sounded good). B Harper electrocuted "red mosquito." Made my hair stand on end, a mere bonus. Hail those in front. What a set. What a show. What a band.

Great 1st post. Welcome to the board.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925