VINYL market UP, POSTER market DOWN...

edited January 2010 in The Porch
Funny how many want to start trading posters for LPs all of a sudden... :lol::lol::lol:
"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Word !!
  • Funny how many want to start trading posters for LPs all of a sudden... :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Ive been noticing this for a short while... Weird to me really.
  • 37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    personallly I like LP's better.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I like posters that come with records. :mrgreen:
    6920:5601.jpg
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    Yeah, I'm selling most my vinyl right now. Just got rid of a Dave Matthews Lp on ebay for 250.00. Bought it for 22.00 in '00. :D
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I wouldn;t say the market is down for posters. However there does seem to be a renewed interest in vinyl.

It's obvious that a lot of us went crazy with posters and, after a while, you realize (unless you have a mansion and no wife or kids) you probably only have room for a handful of posters. We might as well try to trade them or sell them off instead of sitting there collecting dust. Very few will reach Mickey Mantle rookie card status if you know what I mean. :!:
  • I wouldn;t say the market is down for posters. However there does seem to be a renewed interest in vinyl.

It's obvious that a lot of us went crazy with posters and, after a while, you realize (unless you have a mansion and no wife or kids) you probably only have room for a handful of posters. We might as well try to trade them or sell them off instead of sitting there collecting dust. Very few will reach Mickey Mantle rookie card status if you know what I mean. :!:

Is that why we bought them in the first place? For me, no...I'll let my daughter sell all my stuff after I'm dead...it is a legit thought though...I have about 60 poster tubes on the couch in my basement, not counting all the ones I have framed...and so much vinyl, it's getting a little crazy...my wife was all too quick to point out that I have spent $260 this month on LPs alone...I needed to talk her down a little when she saw the confirmation e-mail from the BK scrath & dent sale :oops:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I wouldn;t say the market is down for posters. However there does seem to be a renewed interest in vinyl.

Is that why we bought them in the first place? For me, no...I'll let my daughter sell all my stuff after I'm dead...it is a legit thought though...I have about 60 poster tubes on the couch in my basement, not counting all the ones I have framed...and so much vinyl, it's getting a little crazy...my wife was all too quick to point out that I have spent $260 this month on LPs alone...I needed to talk her down a little when she saw the confirmation e-mail from the BK scrath & dent sale :oops:

Looks like you have got to move those 60 or so poster tubes off that couch, and make way for yourself at nightime :lol:

I'm also guilty with lettin it get out of hand in recent years
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    That's my point. Your daughter isn;t going to get $20,000 for ANY piece of Pearl Jam memorabilia. lol.
  • That's my point. Your daughter isn;t going to get $20,000 for ANY piece of Pearl Jam memorabilia. lol.

hence the comment that your post was legit....................... ;)
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I think it has to do more with the fact that people are getting back into vinyl. And why not trade some meaningless posters to make it happen. There are 14 PJ/EV LPs to collect (and then EPs, etc)... while there are 100s to a few thousand PJ/EV poster variants.

See below (shameless plug lol)
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=121077
  • Have never understand the poster thing, and have never buyed a poster in my life.

spin spin
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Have never understand the poster thing, and have never buyed a poster in my life.

spin spin
    I have only poster from shows ive been to
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    I am sure the poster market will go up again! However, it looks great to have a room with framed PJ posters...a so called PJ-room! :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Don't disagree with this premise, but I must say, I always get nervous about my vinyl collection - as more and more record companies realize the value of reissuing their catalogs, I get worried it will "erode" the value of my collection. not too often do poster artists do a pre-prints (sans Fairy - but he sucks).