Options

SHAVING.....or BEARD ........

Comments

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    last week my weekend beard turned into my hurricane beard because we had no power, but I wimped out and shaved it. I might go for it again next week when I have almost 2 weeks off work
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    been about a month since i last trimmed the beard... it's getting kinda wild :?
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I've always dug beards but as of late I think I'm swinging more on the long hair/no beard side. Mid-life crisis maybe?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    vacations :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vacation bitches!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vacation bitches!
    love my beard :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hehe....

trimmed the sides..... ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    love it :corn:
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    edited November 2012
    i'm losing my confidence in the beard...
    Post edited by conman on
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off which means the beard has to come off :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    damn..need to shave for work after 10 days
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off which means the beard has to come off :(

booooo :thumbdown:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Paulina87 wrote:

:(
  • Options
    :?
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Paulina87 wrote:

Tell me about it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    working on it. should be ready to debut sometime around my birthday :corn: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    no more till friday..good break :)
  • Options
    one more friday morning and off for 11 days..
  • Options
    one more friday morning and off for 11 days..
    Same ..today and then 11 days off!woot
  • Options
    10th december again shaving :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Washed it with shampoo yesterday.....bad call...dried it out. I need some oil for mr scott, ian

And grow faster damn it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    it's like watching grass grow, but better. :lol:

i look forward to seeing the results around christmas.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:
    Washed it with shampoo yesterday.....bad call...dried it out. I need some oil for mr scott, ian

And grow faster damn it

Did you use conditioner, too? I found Pert Plus works great ...

I've decided I'm not going to bother trimming my beard until December. Because, hey, what are they gonna do about it? :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

And grow faster damn it

I've decided I'm not going to bother trimming my beard until December. Because, hey, what are they gonna do about it? :D

no conditioner. i'll try that next time....maybe....

from now on, i'm not washing it beyond the water hitting it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    81 wrote:

:fp:

:lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    81 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    81 wrote:

And grow faster damn it

no conditioner. i'll try that next time....maybe....

I've started to let mine grow out again recently... but with a little bit of a twist, have a fade from front to back (i.e. longer at the chin than the back).... It's looking pretty good so far, going to try and make it through December with picking up the trimmer (might do a little shaping on Nov 30th though, just so it doesn't get too scragley...)

Anyway, I find the best thing for my beard is head and shoulders...

I shower twice a day, and I find shampooing once a day with H&S works well to elminate the dandruff... that's my biggest problem with the beard....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    i'm going to have to start carrying a comb around for it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    are you washing your mouth area, mustache & chin after eating? i usually do after every meal. are you eating your whiskers yet?

yeah i use the little comb that came with the beard clippers i got years ago. i comb my beard several times a day. i actually comb my beard more than i do my head of hair. fuck a bunch of combing (picking actually) my hair. there is something kinda hypnotic about combing one's beard.

lastnight i trimmed up around my mouth so i'm not having whiskers in my mouth when i sit down to eat a meal. btw, my beard sure smells fantastic
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    are you washing your mouth area, mustache & chin after eating? i usually do after every meal. are you eating your whiskers yet?

yeah i use the little comb that came with the beard clippers i got years ago. i comb my beard several times a day. i actually comb my beard more than i do my head of hair. fuck a bunch of combing (picking actually) my hair. there is something kinda hypnotic about combing one's beard.

lastnight i trimmed up around my mouth so i'm not having whiskers in my mouth when i sit down to eat a meal. btw, my beard sure smells fantastic

pretty good at not spilling stuff when i eat ;):lol:

i started to eat some wiskers on the corner of the mouth. thought about letting those grow for a handle bar, but it was rather annoying having them pop into the mouth, so those all were trimmed. it's all pretty short execpt for the chin. i buzz the sides down with a 4 every other week or so. the chin hasn't been trimmed since about a week after the missoula show.

slowly taking shape
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg