COOL PJ PIC FROM INDY 98!

LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Here is a link to a picture I took in 98 at deer creek that I wanted to share with you all! I hope you enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suchascene ... 4/sizes/l/

Ahh the good ol days!

LW
"Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Nice shot! :)
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    LONGWAVE wrote:
    Here is a link to a picture I took in 98 at deer creek that I wanted to share with you all! I hope you enjoy!

Ahh the good ol days!

LW

:o that shot is poster material!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    arq wrote:
    LONGWAVE wrote:

Ahh the good ol days!

LW

yeah would be sweeet!

and dam you seeing them in 98 ;p
  • arq wrote:
    LONGWAVE wrote:

Ahh the good ol days!

LW

exactly my thought...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Nice Picture---thanks for sharing. :P
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Do you have this picture in a better resolution? :shifty:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • this was my first pj show! thanks for that
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
    8/23/09
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    very nice, my first tour as well
  • saw them both nights at MSG that year... my first PJ tour.. nothing quite like it!
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • MathiusMathius Posts: 49
    Happy Jack wrote:
    this was my first pj show! thanks for that

Mine too buddy!!! I was up in the lawn. Great memories!
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Ed usually waits a few songs before addressing the audience. For this show, following Iggy Pop’s potty mouth filled set, Ed came out swearing before the first song played. Great night! Cool picture 8-) Thanks’ for sharing.

From Five Horizons :arrow:

08/17/98 - Deer Creek Music Center: Noblesville, IN [105m]
    attendance: 20,500
    support act: Iggy Pop
    soundcheck: Hail Hail, Around the Bend, Off He Goes, In Hiding, Leatherman, Nothingman (soundcheck held previous day; list may not be in order)

set: Long Road, Hail Hail, Brain of J, Last Exit, Given to Fly, Corduroy, MFC, (new Jeremy improv), Immortality, Even Flow, Nothingman, Rearviewmirror, Wishlist, In Hiding, Spin the Black Circle, Alive, Go
    enc 1: Better Man/(Save it for Later), Daughter, Do the Evolution, Leaving Here
    enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter

notes: The first show of the East Leg of the 1998 US Tour finds the band in EXCELLENT energy and spirits. All the members are spotted sidestage rocking out to Iggy Pop's tremendous opening set, and it seems as though his energy inspired them to kick ass. Ed's hair is shorter, blacker and slicked back, and he greets the audience with, "Okay, fuckers, our turn" (making reference to Iggy's rants at the dead crowd for his set). 'MFC' is prefaced with, "If you ever wanna get out of town, expand your boundaries, the best way might not be a tractor... but if a tractor's all ya have, go for it." Ed sings an interesting improv, based on the structure of the new 'Jeremy,' with the lyrics being, "The President spoke in court today." (1,229k) 'Immortality' is a total Matt Cameron-based jam, so much so that Ed makes a point of giving him props at the end. Stone is absolutely on fire tonight, jumping, thrashing, at the front of the stage constantly. 'Nothingman' is dedicated to the lawn (Ed claiming that that's where he would have been at that show, if he hadn't found a way to sneak down front). During 'Alive,' Ed balances on Pete's shoulders to grab hands down front, and then runs to the left and right side to do the same thing, afterwards applauding the crowd: "Good job, Indy - good job tonight." Prior to the first encore, Ed acknowledges some of the signs in the audience requesting songs, as well as one reading "Ed Lewinsky" and then they play a brief clip of Clinton's speech from that afternoon, follow ed by Ed reading excerpts from it; at the end he comments, "I have one word to say - 'consensual'." 'Better Man' is dedicated in turn to both Bill and Hillary Clinton, and the tag has the melody of 'WMA,' but no words are sung. His parting words are, "Behave like rock stars - not like the President." Crowd was amazing and the band was really happy because of it. (On the written setlist but not played: Porch, Indifference, Present Tense, Off He Goes)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago