PJ eligible for R&R HOF induction next year?

BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
edited January 2010 in The Porch
A Manchester, NH station was playing the Fixer yesterday and after it finished the DJ said Pearl Jam could be inducted to the Hall of Fame as early as next year. Apparently the hall may change the eligibility requirement from 25 years to 20 years. I did a couple searches but couldn't find out too much. Anybody hear this? I think it would be pretty cool, it would definitely make them one of the most relevant acts to be inducted.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/0 ... gger-acts/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• awesome,,but if need 25 is the same... :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    so nirvana is a big act today? the chili peppers are a small act? pearl jam is nothing? great article :lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Too early, though if it's changed to 20 years, guess we'll be seeing Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains .. & Pearl Jam all on one bill. :shock:
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    so nirvana is a big act today? the chili peppers are a small act? pearl jam is nothing? great article :lol:

haha yeah I agree, that article sucked. It's all I could find.

I know it's the norm to have younger artists who are heavily influenced by the band do the induction..but my vote goes to Neil.
  • yeah, i heard about this as well...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    demetrios wrote:
    Too early, though if it's changed to 20 years, guess we'll be seeing Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains .. & Pearl Jam all on one bill. :shock:

which might be why they're considering changing the induction time...the last few years, the lack of true rock and roll acts have increased the criticism of the hof...by trying to get the early grunge artists in sooner jann wenner et al hope this will bring some credibility back to the hof
  • norm wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

which might be why they're considering changing the induction time...the last few years, the lack of true rock and roll acts have increased the criticism of the hof...by trying to get the early grunge artists in sooner jann wenner et al hope this will bring some credibility back to the hof

exactly
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Pj will not get in the hall on the first time. Its taken rush forever to get in. The hall is a joke anyways. Is it really a rock n roll hall of fame when you got pop acts and rap acts in it.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    metsfan wrote:
    Pj will not get in the hall on the first time. Its taken rush forever to get in. The hall is a joke anyways. Is it really a rock n roll hall of fame when you got pop acts and rap acts in it.

Pj is pop,always have been
    rap came from rock

agree that it doesn't validate shit
  • That article, like many have said before is a joke. The writer cannot be serious about the idea of getting green day in there before Iron Maiden. How are Maiden not in there yet?!

The hall of fame will lose all credibility in my mind if they don't induct Pearl Jam first year they come up. Simple as that.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    here's an idea, instead of letting in bands out of obligation because they released an album 25 years ago (till tuesday... :roll: ), let a band who not only released an album 25 years ago, but ALSO actually deserves to be let in. Feel free to quit snubbing 25+ year old bands that Wenner isn't a fan of. There's plenty of 25+ bands out there who still aren't inducted but are worthy to tide us over for 5 years.

changing it to 20 years just further cheapens the honor.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Pj is pop,always have been
    rap came from rock

agree that it doesn't validate shit
    rap did not come from rock. Rap came from disco. Artist like Keith Cowboy, Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, Lovebug Starski, DJ Hollywood and the sugarhill gang don't sound anything like rock

Everything is popular. I'm talking true pop artist like MJ and others.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I know they won't because they're so involved, but I wish they would turn the Hall down when it's time. The Hall is such a joke. But maybe Madonna could induct them and she could cover one of their songs in tribute. Come to think of it, Timberlake might soon qualify, wasn't he in New Kids on the Block or Backside boys 20 years ago?
  • metsfan wrote:

I'm as big of a Rush fan as anyone and agree that it's a joke that they're not in. However, seeing how the hall makes their picks year after year it's pretty much a guarantee that Pearl Jam gets in the first time.