Question about a live version of Release

VedderliciousVedderlicious Posts: 136
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Where was it played when a lightning bolt shot down and Ed said "hey dad"???????? answer and ill be your best friend
In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,007
    06/12/03 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre: Bonner Springs (Kansas City), KS

support act: Idlewild
    preset: Dead Man (Ed solo)

set: Release, Breakerfall, Brain Of J., Get Right, Ghost, Immortality, Whipping, Not For You, Off He Goes, Help Help, 1/2 Full, MFC, You Are, Better Man, Save You
    enc 1: Go, Corduroy, Glorified G, Even Flow, Alive
    enc 2: Fuckin’ Up, Baba O’Riley
    notes: A lovely day turned to dark skies, lightning and a torrential downpour starting during Idlewild’s set. During the set change, the first row of seats is flooded with water pouring from the upper sections. Mike comes out and tosses several shirts out to the crowd. The stage is mopped, equipment is covered and the band prepares to play as the downpour turns to steady rain and the lightning becomes less threatening. Opening with ‘Release,’ singing, “Oh, dear Dad, can you see us now? I am myself, like you somehow.” (A large streak of lightning flashes across the sky). Ed says, “Hi, Dad.”

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Wow thats amazing :shock:
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Ok now I wanna hear it, any bootlegs out there?
  • eboweddie wrote:

you da man
    In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eboweddie wrote:

support act: Idlewild
    preset: Dead Man (Ed solo)

set: Release, Breakerfall, Brain Of J., Get Right, Ghost, Immortality, Whipping, Not For You, Off He Goes, Help Help, 1/2 Full, MFC, You Are, Better Man, Save You
    enc 1: Go, Corduroy, Glorified G, Even Flow, Alive
    enc 2: Fuckin’ Up, Baba O’Riley
    notes: A lovely day turned to dark skies, lightning and a torrential downpour starting during Idlewild’s set. During the set change, the first row of seats is flooded with water pouring from the upper sections. Mike comes out and tosses several shirts out to the crowd. The stage is mopped, equipment is covered and the band prepares to play as the downpour turns to steady rain and the lightning becomes less threatening. Opening with ‘Release,’ singing, “Oh, dear Dad, can you see us now? I am myself, like you somehow.” (A large streak of lightning flashes across the sky). Ed says, “Hi, Dad.”

Very cool! Thanks for sharing...
  • MathiusMathius Posts: 49
    That is just about the coolest thing I have ever heard in my life! :shock:
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
  • Mathius wrote:
    That is just about the coolest thing I have ever heard in my life! :shock:
    its amazing..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    I was at that show. It was very amazing.
  • pj8 wrote:
    I was at that show. It was very amazing.
    lucky u..
  • sounds awesome. i love when the crowd goes nuts. now if only there was a way to watch it...
  • Why are so many people amazed?
    There's lightning all the time.
    It's been around even before man.
  • Funny how the Play count of that version of the song has jumped up. Was 313 when I listened, is 346 about 5 minutes later.

The coolness factor of it doesn't really carry over in that boot, but that's still an awesome version of the song!

• Amazing version of the song, cheers for posting the link.

I'm always amazed at how good Ed still sounds singing Release live, I don't know if it's because they nearly always do it at the start of the night, but he always nails the big notes.

• Amazing version of the song, cheers for posting the link.

I'm always amazed at how good Ed still sounds singing Release live, I don't know if it's because they nearly always do it at the start of the night, but he always nails the big notes.
    exactly.!!

have you heard the lyrics to the song? why dont you think it would be awesome to have seen that in the middle of the song and then hear ed say hi dad after it happened? or do you just not get it?
  • pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    Why are so many people amazed?

have you heard the lyrics to the song? why dont you think it would be awesome to have seen that in the middle of the song and then hear ed say hi dad after it happened? or do you just not get it?

Being there and witnessing it, it was not an ordinary lighting bolt. Probably the most amazing pj moment for me.

Have I heard the lyrics to the song? Um, yeah, I think I've listened to it a few times.

I just don't think it's "amazing". It was storming all day long from what I read. It's not as if the
    lightning came out of nowhere and it was just that one time; It was happening pretty much the
    entire day. I think it's awesome just to be at a show. I don't need lightning to make it "awesome".
  • pj8 wrote:
    ..it was not an ordinary lighting bolt.

Like what? It had a face or something?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    one of my all-time favorite shows....
    it was me & one of my best friends. it was his first show & we were about 14 rows back in between Jeff & Mike. it was amazing when the lightning came & when Eddie said that. sadly, my friend died in a wreck about a year and a half later. that bootleg is one that i listen to all the time. miss ya, Ryan.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804

Amazing version of the song, cheers for posting the link.

exactly.!!

BONNAROO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    :D:D:D:D
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10