Christchurch Bootleg......

mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
edited January 2010 in The Porch
.....is fucking awesome!!! Wow!! This boot blew my mind and helped me through my horrible 2 1/2 hour commute to work today on the snow covered roads here. Opening with "Given To Fly" was beautiful! Incredible versions of "Got Some", World Wide Suicide", and "In My Tree" just to name a few. Nice hearing "Tremor Christ(church)" and a pretty good live version of "Force of Nature" too. Love the covers of "I Got You" and "Better Be Home Soon" with the Finn Family. Thanks to all the New Zealander's who were in attendance. The crowd participation gave this one a nice feel and really makes me wish I was there. It sounded like an incredible night. I can't wait to drive home from work today to listen to it again. If it keeps snowing, I might be listening to it twice!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I am in the middle of listening to that boot. I had to stop during DTE to come to work though...dammit!!

Great boot so far!
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • i just bought this one 2 days ago, its enroute to me now. i just knew it was a gonna be good un
    i bought it mostly for the real me

Nov 29, 2009http://www.ticketek.com.au/
    Set 1

* Given To Fly
    * Got Some
    * Animal
    * Once
    * Unthought Known
    * Tremor Christ
    * Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    * World Wide Suicide
    * In My Tree
    * Marker In The Sand
    * Even Flow
    * Force of Nature
    * I Got Id
    * Life Wasted
    * Garden
    * Do The Evolution
    * Go

Encore 1

* The End
    * Red Mosquito
    * Indifference
    * State Of Love And Trust
    * The Fixer

Encore 2

* Jeremy
    * Better Man
    * The Real Me
    * Better Be Home Soon
    * I Got You
    * Alive
    * Rockin' In The Free World
    * Yellow Ledbetter
  • Ive been in the market for a new 09 boot and this thread just made up my mind for me!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Ive been in the market for a new 09 boot and this thread just made up my mind for me!

closing nite of the tour

given to fly OPENER! i have never seen that in my 30+ shows
  • cool!!...i'll be watching it this weekend. :mrgreen:
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    "better be home soon" on this boot with neil finn and liam....SWEET LORD. so beautiful!!!
  • Being there in the cold at TremorChristchurch was even sweeter than it sounds, a PJ double header for little ole NZ after 11 years :D 60,000+ fans very happy and hoping it will be more like 11 months until next time!! You'll hear Ed say 1-2 years on the boot!