Figures looking for another bass..

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited January 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well I pulled the stock pick-up out of my American Starndard P-Bass, and put a vintage deal in it to get the funk back in the bass. Now I have this American Standard Pick-up I need to put into something else. So now I have weeks and weeks of searching Ebay for some off the wall odd looking bass to throw it in.... It just never ends.... I should probably be taking classes for my problem...
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I know the problem. I changed the neck on one of my guitars a while ago. Now I have a spare neck lying around and been looking for a body for it ever since.
  • Between this project, and now leaning towards finding a 3/4 upright, or an acoustic bass, I'm never going to be allowed out of the wife's sight again...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Thank God a good friend of myne has a great upright that I can borrow for the occasional show. So I have this area covered for the near future.
    Right now I'm waiting on a tax refund that I can blow on a new bass.
  • Fortunately, as a guitar player who messes around on bass when the mood strikes (like when you wanna learn "Something" by the Beatles, what a great bassline) I am satisfied with what I've got... Until I decide I'd rather have a nice Warmoth Jazz-style neck on it instead...

I would still take a Jaguar bass if someone handed me one. Or a Stingray, or a Rick 4001/4003. Actually, put the Rick first... a friend owns an original 4001, and I'd take that over any other bass on the planet, hands-down.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Rick's are completely uncomfortable to me. But I wouldn't mind trying a 3000 (something different). I have a Jag bass and it sits the majority of the time, If I didn't have to get the router out I'd of had a P bass set up in it by now. 90% of the time everything gets passed up for the P-bass.

• See, the reason I love a Rick is how comfortable it is for me to play, not to mention that distinctive tone... nothing quite like it. It's got a growl kinda like a P-Bass, but with less punch and more edge. Throw it through a decent compressor, and it's an amazing tone. But it also fits me really well, so it's different strokes for different folks and all that.

As for the Jag bass, I probably would get sick of the electronics after a while, and just wire it with Bartollini pups and bypass all the weird wiring. But damn, those things look cool... and they play pretty well, really similar to a J-Bass (must be the neck, eh?).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I've considered getting rid of the pre amp on the jag bass. Replacing the pick ups and go to a hand wound set of alnico's for it and calling it a day. Yea the neck is like my '62 jazz bass reissue. My Peavey Axcelerator Plus bass still has the best neck out of all mine. But as soon as I got used to the P-Bass I never looked back.