Options

Small tours, your opinion?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    i love when eddie do that...i like it couse he respect the country with that way..very smart and great thing to do..

I think it feels like he's kissing ass and it's Bono-ish in a bad way. Make me cringe. .

I think it's the polite thing to do! When you go to a country which does not speak your language, do you not learn a few words to be able to communicate with 'locals'? It's just a natural thing.

ditto!

you're going to play in a country that doesn't speak English, where most of the fans will have learnt your songs in a language not their own... i think taking a little effort to say a few words in their language is just being polite...

most bands i've heard, via bootlegs or whatever, do the same thing.

i love that bit on the Immagine DVD where Ed's having his phonetic Italian lesson... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    Smaller tours = much better setlists

The band is more fresh and more likely to keep changing things up. I'm all for smaller tours.
  • Options
    Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    If it means they come to Europe every year - but with less dates every tine they're here - I'm totally in favor of it. I could get used to catching just the one show every year :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    i want a tour..wherever..ill travel...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I don't care if they do small or big tours, as long as I can go to at least a couple of shows. As far as people comparing the crowds in the US vs. Europe and the other side of the pond or any other country for that matter, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the crowd is good that's fine, if they aren't, I don't really give a crap.

I go to the shows to see the band and don't get caught up with how the crowd is, as long as the band plays well that's all I care about. TONS of people were saying that the crowd in Seattle sucked at the shows in September, me I didn't even notice, both shows were good and that's all I cared about. If someone wants to sit down for the show that's their choice, I am not the concert or Pearl Jam police!

Small tours are fine with me, I flew to Seattle in September for 2 shows, got to see them at ACL here in Austin and I'm going to Jazzfest, I'm not greedy, if I can see them once a year or once when they tour, that's fine for me.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    if the band does what they like, chances are, it'll still be cool with me

bam
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Hinn wrote:
    Have you actually had a taste of shows on this side of the pond? To experience the togetherness, energy and atmosphere that comes with GA?
    to many douchebags over here who don't know the rules of GA . that's why GA crowds suck here. it's also cause Americans aren't friendly to each other. i've been to over 50 GA shows.

during the encore break at philly 4 i decided to do a quick piss/beer run. so i very politely said "excuse me" as i was walking by people in my row and still got dirty looks. you would think i was bum rushing my way outta of my row with the dirty looks i got. this was row 16 dead center.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Loved the small Canadian tour they did,got to see them 3 times in 2 weeks
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Smaller tours = much better setlists

The band is more fresh and more likely to keep changing things up. I'm all for smaller tours.

Definitely agree. The boys are getting older and smaller tours keep them on top of their game. However, the northeast market is always spoiled by the band, so I always get my fix. I think smaller tours tend to neglect areas that might get shows for a larger tour.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I wouldn't Say NO to a Small "AUSSIE" Tour!!!...lol :P
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    I personaly don't mind the small tours but I live around pittsburgh PA so I can usally make it to a show everytime they tour, but I would be really upset if i lived in the dakodas or some place like that. It seems with the past couple years' venues those people would have to take weeklong vacations to see their favorite band. But they keep playin bigger and bigger venues and doing more multiple night shows at the same venue so all and all about the same amount of people see them they just have to work a little harder and shell out a little more even flow to get there.
  • Options
    snertsnert Posts: 219
    The thing is, doing a small tour is ok for some fans but how about the bands expenses? That is why when they do the small tours they tend to play larger venues to make it financially viable.
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    As long as I get to see them at least once, any tour length is just fine by me. ;)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz