What you get with 10C membership?

Arocker28Arocker28 Posts: 60
edited January 2010 in The Porch
My first year membership runs out Feb 1st, and I have not received anything from the 10C.

If I am not mistaken aren't you supposed to receive some sort of magazine or other goods? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I know it will get answered here. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    You should receive the "xmas" single, the deep magazine, the chance to enter in a lottery for seats in the first rows, the chance to buy some merchandice exclusive to the tenclub, and of of course the chance to waste your days browsing and chatting in the board!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    This is my first year as well and I havent received anything yet either..
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    I haven't gotten anything either.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    thats why it is called the easter single....

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • i've only been a member since november but i have been hearing this from a lot of people... very depressing
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • yeah after just about a whole year I'm disappointed that I have gotten nothing. Even if it is the Easter Single, I have been around well before last Easter.
  • I still haven't received anything either, but I did buy tickets off the site so I'm glad I have membership.
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    The single comes out way past Xmas. Usually the email says "an active member by Dec 1" or something. You should still get yours(OP) whenever it comes out. But, I must say--keep your membership. It's not that expensive, and the opportunity to get things pre-ordered(and usually a few days early), as well as tickets and cool merchandise is worth it. Also, I've never ever had a problem with anyone at the Ten Club--even this year when the mailman wasn't delivering a couple of my orders. Think about it anyways.
  • arq wrote:
    You should receive the "xmas" single, the deep magazine, the chance to enter in a lottery for seats in the first rows, the chance to buy some merchandice exclusive to the tenclub, and of of course the chance to waste your days browsing and chatting in the board!
    +u can meet great persons like arq ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    You shoulda received the Ten Redux issue of DEEP
  • HbudjrHbudjr Posts: 150
    Yeah I have been a member since last April myself and I have not gotten anything here. Looking forward to the deep mag but not sure when it comes out. I am glad I became a member as I got tix to Chicago this past August and it was one hell of a show.... maybe hoping for the Deep issue soon!!!
    8/23/2009- Chicago- United Center
    5/6/2010- Columbus- Nationwide Arena
    6/26/2011- Detroit- Fox Theater- EV Solo
    9/22/2012- Atlanta- Piedmont Park
    10/11/2013- Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
    11/26/2013 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
    10/1/2014 - Cincinnati - US Bank Arena
    10/16/2014 - Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
    4/26/2016 - Lexington - Rupp Arena (Hometown Show)
    8/20/2016 - Chicago - Wrigley Field
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Have any of you asked 10c about the lack of stuff?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    I have a bunch of Xmas/Easter singles and nothing to play them on... so I don't care.

I get Deep magazine now and again (however often it comes out, I haven't noticed)... I leaf through it briefly... so I don't care.

I got in on pre-sales for 4 of 5 shows I attended this year and scored fan club tickets. This I care about.

The one show I didn't get in on the fan club sale for, I got plopped behind the stage. I've been to over twenny shows, so I won't complain about the rear view, but avoiding this or nosebleeds for nearly every other show is worth the $20/yr alone.

I also preordered the posters for the shows I got in the presale for (can't do that if not in the club) so I didn't have to carry them around or get beer spilled on them. I care about this, too. I'm a loser and the one show I had to buy the poster at b/c I didn't get 10C tix, I left it behind. Yah, the poster presale: Also worth it, to me.

If not to you, then I'm sorry for your disappointment. To each their own.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,853
    1. You get a chance at the best tickets in the house-if you are have a fast internet connection, are willing to put in the time and are not easily frustrated by technical difficulties
    2. You get to find out about shows, records and other band activities a day or two after its already out there
    3. You get a cool vinyl record every year around memorial day, unless you live outside the US, then early summer
    4. You get deep magazine whenever they feel like sending it out-frequency varies greatly from year to year
    5. You get to pontificate as to why the 10c isnt more efficient and forthcoming with information
    6. You get exclusive access to tons of PJ goods you probably wouldn't buy anyway
    7. You get to be exposed to several charities that want your money
    8. You get to sit and wait for your merchandise to come in the mail, should you decide to order (although the 10c is usually pretty good about it).
    9. If you are lucky, you get to meet some of the amazing people that post here
    10. If you are lucky and secure 10C tickets to a show, you will get to enjoy the best rock band on the planet while surrounded by the most passionate fans in the world (although if you dont like listening to folks sing along to every word, this might not be for you)

well worth the price of admission IMHO
    Get_Right wrote:
    10. If you are lucky and secure 10C tickets to a show

I know you were being tongue-in-cheek with most of your list items... but most of them were actually founded largely in truth... This one, though... that's like saying "if you're lucky enough to not be red-green color blind". 90% of the time, you're "lucky", at least by my experience.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • It's my first year as well - joined in August. My first show - Spectrum 1 - I won the lottery and got 2nd row seats! Enjoyed Eddie's freakout with the microphone stand during All Those Yesterdays. Also got Backspacer a couple days early, albeit with no free downloads (I just got them from pjbootlegs - am I a bad person?). Still no magazine or Memorial Day single. And I while all my time away on these message boards, setting up various song ranking threads; so much better than working. All-in-all, can't complain.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Get_Right wrote:
    10. If you are lucky and secure 10C tickets to a show

I know you were being tongue-in-cheek with most of your list items... but most of them were actually founded largely in truth... This one, though... that's like saying "if you're lucky enough to not be red-green color blind". 90% of the time, you're "lucky", at least by my experience.
    I was being a bit sarcastic, but yes most are very true
    I only said that because of the unreasonable expectation and lack of patience some people have when it comes to getting tickets.
    And truthfully you do need a bit of lady luck on your side, at least here in the northeast.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    It does say when you buy it no? :roll:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,641
    It's $20...give up smoking for a few days and quit bitching
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Get_Right wrote:
    I was being a bit sarcastic, but yes most are very true
    I only said that because of the unreasonable expectation and lack of patience some people have when it comes to getting tickets.
    And truthfully you do need a bit of lady luck on your side, at least here in the northeast.

I've been a 10C member since after the 2000 tour. I've been shut out of 10C tickets once in 19 attempts: Spectrum III this year. All attempts were in the northeast (or pretty close... Pgh, TO). Considering those spectrum shows were special circumstances, I will take that one "bad luck" show.

Of course, I may just have excedingly good luck to be successful in all other attempts. *shrugs*

But it's all good. Everything else you said was spot on. I just don't care about most of it. ;)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • It's $20...give up smoking for a few days and quit bitching

I'm in no way bitching, I only joined 10C for the ticket pre-sales which I have used. I'm don't really care about not getting any of the stuff it's just I wasn't 100% sure what you did get.
  • You get quite a few things :

1. Aggravation
    2. No Philly boots
    3. Lack of tour info

I kid, I kid

Honestly, keep the membership, its only $20 and you will eventually get your XMAS single and Deep magazine and chances for other great things!

Welcome and look forward to seeing you many years to come!
    I've been a 10C member since after the 2000 tour. I've been shut out of 10C tickets once in 19 attempts: Spectrum III this year. All attempts were in the northeast (or pretty close... Pgh, TO). Considering those spectrum shows were special circumstances, I will take that one "bad luck" show.

Of course, I may just have excedingly good luck to be successful in all other attempts. *shrugs*

But it's all good. Everything else you said was spot on. I just don't care about most of it. ;)
    I never really had a problem until they started doing these limited tours in 2008
    Since then its been much more of a crap shoot
    Its all good though!