My "Pearl Jam Anniversary"

loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give a shout-out to each and every one of you who have made this first year of PJ fan-dom absolutely AMAZING!

Exactly one year ago today, I finally got around to listening to that strange old band my dad had been recommending for a while. I was a teacher's aide for my elective period last year and the teacher didn't mind me listening to music, so i figured "What the hell, I'll do it." Sure, I'd heard Even Flow on the radio and heard mentions of PJ, but I doubt I would have been able to tell you who Eddie Vedder was, or anyone else in the band for that matter. Vitalogy was the first Pearl Jam album I listened to all the way through, and I'll say it, it was weird as shit! Quite a departure from the poppier songs of the Foo Fighters and the testosterone-driven guitar wails of AC/DC :) . One year later, Vitalogy is my second favorite (behind No Code) and I DEFINITELY know who the band members are! I've had what can unquestionably be called the best first concert experience ever had by anyone EVER (http://www.choggymowk.com/2009/10/01/an ... pearl-jam/), the most awesome experience of widening my musical horizons (Neil Young, Ben Harper, etc.), and the chance to be a part of an absolutely AWESOME community of people.

Thank you Pearl Jam, and thank you fellow fans, for making this first year incredibly memorable!
September 30th, 2009
Best. Night. Ever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• that is awesome!!
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Too much for just a short year :D you had more experiences in a year than 99.99% of the fans could ever have! I'm very happy for you!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    lucky wee bugger. nicely done. i would have passed out.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Congrats!!! I saw you at that concert! :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • You rock my friend.......what an awsome experience and one us oldies can only dream of :shock:
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    the sixth member! awesome!
    Thank you for giving a dream :P

--- yes -- well -- i have to practice singing -- :lol:
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    Congrats! Here's to enjoying what is hopefully many more years to come. Props to your Dad. He seems like a great guy. Make sure you thank him endlessly for the journey you are about to experience. It looks like you are off to a great start! :D
  • welcome to the obsession!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Tuta23Tuta23 Posts: 115
    Win!
    I am not a Thief of Silence.