Options

cage the elephant?

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited July 2010 in Other Music
wondering peoples thoughts on them. i like them ok. but i found some tix near by and am going to check em out live. has anyone else heard them live??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    They were one of the bands playing on the stage before STP at a festival I went to last year. They had a ton of energy, but the sound was crap and you could barely hear the singer (not the fault of the festival - STP was crystal clear). They put on a good live show, and if you can hear what they're playing they should be pretty good. Watch your head though - their singer crowd surfs a lot, and I think my wife still has the imprint from one of his Converse shoes on the side of her head lol
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    No idea what to tell you about them live, but really diggin' the few things I have heard by them. Plenty of energy and good songwriting.
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    they're a great live band. i also saw them at a festival, but the sound was fine. their set gradually goes from good rocking tunes to just crazy punk. they threw a few covers in there. the singer has amazing energy and brings a really good presence to the stage. the other band members as well are very energetic. i definitely suggest checking them out if you're into them.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i like their(cte) cd but after seeing the black keys i'm thinking twice about buying tixs for these 'new' bands. love the black keys but they sounded like crap live.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    i like their(cte) cd but after seeing the black keys i'm thinking twice about buying tixs for these 'new' bands. love the black keys but they sounded like crap live.
    Must have caught them on a bad night. I saw the Black Keys about a year ago at a small club and they were great that night. This is the first bad thing I've heard about their live shows.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    adam42381 wrote:
    Must have caught them on a bad night. I saw the Black Keys about a year ago at a small club and they were great that night. This is the first bad thing I've heard about their live shows.
    yup i've seen them twice and they fucking rock. sound was great too.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Telling you right now, CTE will rock your face live. Especially if it's at a small venue where the place will explode.

I've written a review or two in the other threads I've posted, and pictures.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    yeah i've heard good things about the black keys live so i was shocked and a little mad i wasted money on them.
    i've been to a lot of shows at the venue they were at. so it wasn't the venue.
    the only thing my little blonde head can come up with was: Was it because they were side by side, the drummer is usually in back?
    i'm still a fan thou. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    just found out the two brothers in this band (lead singer and guitarist) were in a previous band called Perfect Confusion, the cd of which you can buy off cdbaby. I'm gonna pick it up. Just got my Live At Grimey's in the mail the other day too. Cool live cover of Pavement's False Skorpion.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014