Time for Dave to come back!!!

badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Ok, it's a new year and time for a fresh start. Soundgardens back which I'm assuming means matts going back. I love Matt and would love for him to stay but if he decides it's time to move on we NEED and HAVE to bring back Dave!!!! With time pain heels and hopefully all the pain between them has. I love Eddie andvthe boys but wrong is wrong and they did Dave wrong way back then. it's time to cone full circle and make that band musically a perfect circle...I know all of u would love that and welcome it with arms wide open (creed sux and sorry for the quote)!!!! There's enough wrong in this world and bringing Dave back would be a rite!!!! Thing is go back and listen to early pj..then tell me there's something missing now, it's called Dave. I just hope they can keep up with him!! Come on Eddie, u can't have that much hate inside u. I've met u twice bro and u dnt seem the type to hate so please, if Matt leaves do the rite thing and make this band complete again. Rite is rite and wrong is wrong,....."when somethings broke I want to put bit of fixing on it." and all of this is only if matts leaving....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I sure hope Matt doesn't leave the band.

I would be gutted!!! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    Matt gets no respect man. people dont even give him props and respect the fact that he is the longest tenured drummer in the band...and as far as I am concerned teh FACE of the drum kit. when i think PJ drummer i will forever think and know Matt Cam. stop living in the past man. Dave will never be back

PJ will step aside and let him do his Soundgarden thing...and will be waiting for his return. Just like they have stepped aside to let other band members do their various side projects
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • jets521 wrote:
    Matt gets no respect man. people dont even give him props and respect the fact that he is the longest tenured drummer in the band...and as far as I am concerned teh FACE of the drum kit. when i think PJ drummer i will forever think and know Matt Cam. stop living in the past man. Dave will never be back

PJ will step aside and let him do his Soundgarden thing...and will be waiting for his return. Just like they have stepped aside to let other band members do their various side projects

Exactly! Dave isn't coming back.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    dave a would be sick, could have written this in the soundgarden thread though..
  • jets521 wrote:

Not even for a few 20th anniversary shows?
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    Yeah, I am with the others. Matt Cameron is Pearl Jams drummer, and I would have it no other way. Now, if he leaves to spend time with SG full-time, then we can discuss who should fill in, but it wont be Dave, and people need to get over that whole thing that happened a good 16 years or so ago. I also think it would be a mistake if Matt went full-time with SG again. If you look at their past, and Cornell's past, there is no way this will last. Hopefully they just do a tour, and call it a day for at least another 5 or so years. But PJ has proven to be pretty damn solid, and they will still probably be rocking in another 10-20 years, so I think it's in Matt's best interest to stick with PJ.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
    jets521 wrote:

your reaching here!

Matt is more critical to the 20th anniversary then Dave.....

it was Matt who drummed on the original demos of Alive, Even Flow, Animal! Not to mention Temple of the Dog and the whole Seattle scene connectinon
  • jets521 wrote:

I seriously doubt it.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I thought this was a thread about me.

I never left.

;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • yeah you all want dave back now...but wait until you here him TRY to play anything written since 1996
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    If you read the surreal link from a Dave A chat room in the 5 against 1 thread, you will see how that may not happen anytime soon.
    jets521 wrote:

your reaching here!

it was Matt who drummed on the original demos of Alive, Even Flow, Animal! Not to mention Temple of the Dog and the whole Seattle scene connectinon

animal and even flow?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jets521 wrote:

hell could freeze over before dave a ever gets behind a drum kit with pj. You'd have a better chance of dave k drumming with the band for the 20th anny show.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,853
    Cameron isnt going anywhere.
    Eddie lets him write songs and actually puts them on the records. ;)
  • I would say it's a win/win situation. Abbruzzese was pretty awesome, but you'd have to say Matt is the quintessential Pearl Jam drummer. Dave: Vs. & Vitalogy. Matt: TOTD, Yield tour through present. Matt gets the edge.

I think the SG reunion will work out to be more of a side project for Matt.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Brisk. wrote:
    jets521 wrote:

your reaching here!

animal and even flow?

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/pea ... ff_he_goes
    During Pearl Jam's infancy, Cameron played drums on early demo versions of classics, like "Alive," "Evenflow" and "Animal." He was also the man behind the drumkit for the Seattle side project Temple of the Dog, which featured members of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.
    jets521 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    jets521 wrote:

your reaching here!

animal and even flow?

During Pearl Jam's infancy, Cameron played drums on early demo versions of classics, like "Alive," "Evenflow" and "Animal." He was also the man behind the drumkit for the Seattle side project Temple of the Dog, which featured members of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

cool didnt know that, thought it was just those on the tape.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    oh no..... wikipedia Matt Cameron ??? is that official?
    say its not true he's Pearl Jam
  • It's funny how that article talked about PJ's drummer carousel, and here we are 12 years later, Matt still taking care of business. Awesome!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pandora wrote:

don't believe anything on wikipedia.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

don't believe anything on wikipedia.
    thank God cause it says something i don't want to hear!
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    jets521 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    jets521 wrote:

your reaching here!

animal and even flow?

Just because rollingtone said it, does not mean it is right or actually happened! :lol::lol:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    I really hope that Matt doesn't leave Pearl Jam. If Soundgarden does some shows or whatnot, then great, but please don't leave Pearl Jam!
  • this GREAT DRUMMER MATT, DONT GO ANYWHERE.......FORGET IT :evil:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    It would be cool if Dave A. came back for at least one show for the sake of showing that the band has all grown up and can bury the hatchet over any quarrels that existed 16 years ago.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    EBowie wrote:
    I really hope that Matt doesn't leave Pearl Jam. If Soundgarden does some shows or whatnot, then great, but please don't leave Pearl Jam!

PEOPLE, PEOPLE please stop worrying that about Matt leaving PJ, take a deep breath, Its not going to happen. Anyone who has followed Soundgarden knows that this is going to be a release of a B-SIDES (hopefully a box set as Thail has mentioned) and a TOUR, for which I've already put money aside for. The chances of SG becoming a full time recording band again are so very slim, its not even worth worrying your little heads about. Matt will remain in PJ.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    So what did Ed say about Dave A in Germany this year??? When he repotedly "bashed" him???
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!