The Dubai Tower

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone else think this building has a wicked/evil fairytale kind of look to it?

dubai-skyline-3.jpg
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Well I'm scared.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Lizard wrote:
    Well I'm scared.

me too.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    Looking at that picture, all I can say is Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lol:
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    it's ridiculous. no building needs to be that tall.

obviously overcompensating...
  • its too fuckin strange..!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

dubai-skyline-3.jpg

put tweety bird in front of that background and tweety will look wicked/evil :shock:
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    norm wrote:

put tweety bird in front of that background and tweety will look wicked/evil :shock:

tweetfd.png
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Jesus christ, look at all the cranes.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

dubai-skyline-3.jpg

BTW that's a beautiful image, somehow it seems they need another tower to counterbalance that big one.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I am sure base jumpers everywhere would give anything at that opportunity.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    so is this part of the reason why this country's state-owned company had debt problems?

does this cool in an evil fantasy world look
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Check out the shadow that thing leaves...

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=ig&h ... a=N&tab=wl

Zoom in for the full effect. And if you look just a little bit to the southwest along the coast, you can see the Palm Jumeira and the Palm Jebel Ali. The opulence in this city is unreal. We paid for it when we bought gas.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mensane wrote:

I see no problem. Better to build up than build horizontal and knock down more forests. Imagine the land we'd save if all buildings were condensed to that..
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    mensane wrote:

I see no problem. Better to build up than build horizontal and knock down more forests. Imagine the land we'd save if all buildings were condensed to that..

:lol: forests? it is in the desert.....
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    it's friggin ugly
  • looks a lot like Sauron's tower. Sun for the eye. Soon Frodo will destroy it :lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jesus christ, look at all the cranes.
    reminds me of Dublin a couple of years ago :(

I think this tower may serve as a nice example of stupid people with too much money :roll: I'm sick of hearing about these greedy, self obsessed fucks... higher higher higher... make it the biggest in the world! Nothing's exciting anymore cos everything's super big and ridiculous.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    At one point, the Empire State Building was the tallest building in the world. Then, it was the WTC. Then, it was the Sears Tower, and so on and so on. Of course they keep building these things bigger and bigger. Is it ridiculous? Perhaps. Ostentatious? Absolutely. Will people travel from all around the world travel to pay money for the opportunity to go to its observation deck so they can say they went up in the "world's tallest building?" Without a doubt. They'll pay good money for the tour. They'll buy the overpriced t-shirts and coffee cups. They'll even pay the ridiculous price for a soda and candy at the snack bar. That's the reason they keep building them and will continue to build them. It's been this way forever.
  • At one point, the Empire State Building was the tallest building in the world. Then, it was the WTC. Then, it was the Sears Tower, and so on and so on. Of course they keep building these things bigger and bigger. Is it ridiculous? Perhaps. Ostentatious? Absolutely. Will people travel from all around the world travel to pay money for the opportunity to go to its observation deck so they can say they went up in the "world's tallest building?" Without a doubt. They'll pay good money for the tour. They'll buy the overpriced t-shirts and coffee cups. They'll even pay the ridiculous price for a soda and candy at the snack bar. That's the reason they keep building them and will continue to build them. It's been this way forever.
    for a couple of months... it used to be that something would be the tallest building in the world for maybe a decade... now you barely have time to plan your trip and it's been overtaken by something else... so why bother? :? I wouldn't.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    At one point, the Empire State Building was the tallest building in the world. Then, it was the WTC. Then, it was the Sears Tower, and so on and so on. Of course they keep building these things bigger and bigger. Is it ridiculous? Perhaps. Ostentatious? Absolutely. Will people travel from all around the world travel to pay money for the opportunity to go to its observation deck so they can say they went up in the "world's tallest building?" Without a doubt. They'll pay good money for the tour. They'll buy the overpriced t-shirts and coffee cups. They'll even pay the ridiculous price for a soda and candy at the snack bar. That's the reason they keep building them and will continue to build them. It's been this way forever.
    for a couple of months... it used to be that something would be the tallest building in the world for maybe a decade... now you barely have time to plan your trip and it's been overtaken by something else... so why bother? :? I wouldn't.

Very, very true. :mrgreen:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Fuck Dubai. A living example of mankind's one default: GREED
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I kinda agree... the whole place just stinks of greed :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I kinda agree... the whole place just stinks of greed :oops:

It screams "Hey, look how much money we've thrown away on this ridiculous extravagant pile of shit that we're going to call a "getaway". Come here and spend a shit load of money so we can just continue to make this place a fantastic waste of money."

An indoor beach? On an island? Really? What else screams a fucking waste of money? Also an indoor ski/snowboarding facility?? Jesus...take a vacation to Utah, or anywhere else that has excellent skiing and experience the real deal...

Dubai is a fucking waste of space...

sorry people, but this shit annoys me. :x
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    it was the Sears Tower
    It's the Willis Tower now. :lol: