Any Led Zeppelin Covers?

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Has Pearl Jam ever covered Led Zeppelin? Would love to hear some live covers.
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    they covered Fool in the Rain with Robert Plant at the 10/5/05 show in Chicago.
  • Love that new avatar LF!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Ive always wanted them to cover some Zep. Greatest band ever IMO. Hootie covers Hey Hey What Can I Do. I think that would be cool...
  • Ive always wanted them to cover some Zep. Greatest band ever IMO. Hootie covers Hey Hey What Can I Do. I think that would be cool...

ugh, don't remind me of that Hootie cover, that is my favorite Led Zep song!
  • didnt they do Going To California at the same show or am i thinking of something else ? :?
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    didnt they do Going To California at the same show or am i thinking of something else ? :?

Nah - it was just Mike playing the intro to 'Given to Fly' :)
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited January 2010
    Looks like Going to California is listed.

http://www.pearljam.com/show/house-blues-oct-05-2005
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited January 2010
    _outlaw wrote:
    along with money, that's what i want and thank you.

one of favorite bootlegs
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    didnt they do Going To California at the same show or am i thinking of something else ? :?
    plant and his band strange sensation did that song after given to fly
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    YL was tagged with some Zep way back in 2000, along with Crazy Mary late in the tour.

Jones Beach 3 had Over the Hills........the next night/show in Saratoga Springs, NY had Nobody's Fault But Mine

Mike played the beginnings of the Stairway solo during the outro of Crazy Mary. He didn't play the whole thing, but it jammed on for a decent bit.

EDIT: found it..... Seattle 2..... I'm pretty sure I remember it popping up on a few other boots, but this is the 1st time its noted.....

11/06/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    attendance: 17,000. packed to the fuckin' rafters.
    support act: Wellwater Conspiracy, Red Hot Chili Peppers
    soundcheck: Parting Ways (w/strings), others we can't think of right now
    Ed with Wellwater Conspiracy: Red Light Green Light, Felicity's Surprise
    set: Release, Corduroy, Grievance, Rearviewmirror, Hail Hail, Evacuation, Dissident, Nothing As It Seems, In Hiding, Leatherman, Better Man, Nothingman, Even Flow, Jeremy, Lukin, Not For You, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind)
    enc 1: Off He Goes, Light Years, Parting Ways, Go, Once, Crazy Mary, Immortality, ALIVE!!!
    enc 2: Soon Forget, The Kids Are Alright, Baba O'Riley
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter
    notes: Ed sings two songs with Wellwater Conspiracy, dressed very dapper in that block stripe suit jacket he's fond of. "Felicity's Surprise" is from the forthcoming WWC record, on which Ed tells us he's singing, before he leaves the stage. Ed then switches to a blue Eisenhower jacket for the main set. The audience is absolutely deafening, the place is packed to the rafters. Mike is doing running leaps onto his monitors during 'RVM.' 'Evacuation' is perfect, just nails the vocals. After 'Dissident,' Ed addresses the crowd: "Hello," he says, waving. (Huge cheer.) Well, Seattle, this is it. One last show. We'll never play again," he says, with a sarcastic smirk. "Well, at least for quite a while ... at least you're better than the crowd last night." He addresses the huge security presence down front and asks them to lay off, "Stop poking people in the shoulders after every song, they're all right, just leave them alone." During Mike's 'NAIS' solo, the wine bottle is uncorked. "It's been about three months now" sings Ed in 'In Hiding.' Tonight's Section 8 (see: 104 in chicago and U19 in vegas) is 117, and a "Jeff, Jeff" chant arises after 'Leatherman.' "What??" says Ed. "I can't hear you." Jeff blushes madly and Ed goes over and hugs him. He uses this cue to mention about how Las Vegas was the 10th anniversary "of the first time we played the off ramp ... we professed our appreciation publicly for Jeff and Stone's long term relationship ..." He then informs us "the next song was written when I was sitting on my bed when I was this tall," and goes into 'Better Man.' 'Daughter' has an long, extended vocalization call-and-response with the crowd (like in Milan '00). 'Off He Goes' is dedicated to Anthony Hurley (one of the Roskilde victims). The strings come out again for 'Parting Ways.' The emerald green strat is the latest McCready victim at the end of 'Go.' 'Crazy Mary' has the solo from Zep's 'Stairway to Heaven' overlaid at the end. 'Immortality' has the best Matt Cameron drum solo ever, which leads into 'Alive;' it seems to be more emotional for the audience than it does for the band with lots of smiles and they seem okay with it. Ed returns for the second encore alone, picks up the ukulele and says, "We're gonna play one original and then go into 'Heavy Metal Hits of the 70s'," and then proceeds to play Black Sabbath's 'Iron Man' on the ukulele (I know it's late and we're way freaked out but I am so not making this up). He then mentions how the song is written about some local folks, Bill Gates and Paul Allen, and goes into a surprisingly short rant on that subject. Following that song, Ed gives a pretty long political speech urging people to vote, but also focusing on local politics, telling the audience that the city of Seattle imposed draconian conditions on the concert being at the Arena, including tripling the band's security costs. He ties this into the Teen Dance Ordinance and dedicates 'TKAA' to the people fighting it. This goes into 'Baba,' and then Ed thanks the Chili Peppers, Matt Cameron, the other 3/4 of Soundgarden, Wellwater, and then says: "See you at the voting booth tomorrow ... if you don't vote, let them put that on your fuckin' gravestone: 'John Smith, he didn't vote'." 'YL' is a total band hugfest onstage, and features the 'Little Wing' tag again.
  • metsfan wrote:
    _outlaw wrote:

one of favorite bootlegs

Awesome bootleg.

"Thank You" sounds great.
  • EDIT: found it..... Seattle 2..... I'm pretty sure I remember it popping up on a few other boots, but this is the 1st time its noted.....

I was at that show, can't believe I forgot!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    DewieCox wrote:
    YL was tagged with some Zep way back in 2000, along with Crazy Mary late in the tour.

Jones Beach 3 had Over the Hills........the next night/show in Saratoga Springs, NY had Nobody's Fault But Mine

Mike played the beginnings of the Stairway solo during the outro of Crazy Mary. He didn't play the whole thing, but it jammed on for a decent bit.

EDIT: found it..... Seattle 2..... I'm pretty sure I remember it popping up on a few other boots, but this is the 1st time its noted.....

attendance: 17,000. packed to the fuckin' rafters.
    support act: Wellwater Conspiracy, Red Hot Chili Peppers
    soundcheck: Parting Ways (w/strings), others we can't think of right now
    set: Release, Corduroy, Grievance, Rearviewmirror, Hail Hail, Evacuation, Dissident, Nothing As It Seems, In Hiding, Leatherman, Better Man, Nothingman, Even Flow, Jeremy, Lukin, Not For You, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind)
    enc 1: Off He Goes, Light Years, Parting Ways, Go, Once, Crazy Mary, Immortality, ALIVE!!!
    enc 2: Soon Forget, The Kids Are Alright, Baba O'Riley
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter
    notes: Ed sings two songs with Wellwater Conspiracy, dressed very dapper in that block stripe suit jacket he's fond of. "Felicity's Surprise" is from the forthcoming WWC record, on which Ed tells us he's singing, before he leaves the stage. Ed then switches to a blue Eisenhower jacket for the main set. The audience is absolutely deafening, the place is packed to the rafters. Mike is doing running leaps onto his monitors during 'RVM.' 'Evacuation' is perfect, just nails the vocals. After 'Dissident,' Ed addresses the crowd: "Hello," he says, waving. (Huge cheer.) Well, Seattle, this is it. One last show. We'll never play again," he says, with a sarcastic smirk. "Well, at least for quite a while ... at least you're better than the crowd last night." He addresses the huge security presence down front and asks them to lay off, "Stop poking people in the shoulders after every song, they're all right, just leave them alone." During Mike's 'NAIS' solo, the wine bottle is uncorked. "It's been about three months now" sings Ed in 'In Hiding.' Tonight's Section 8 (see: 104 in chicago and U19 in vegas) is 117, and a "Jeff, Jeff" chant arises after 'Leatherman.' "What??" says Ed. "I can't hear you." Jeff blushes madly and Ed goes over and hugs him. He uses this cue to mention about how Las Vegas was the 10th anniversary "of the first time we played the off ramp ... we professed our appreciation publicly for Jeff and Stone's long term relationship ..." He then informs us "the next song was written when I was sitting on my bed when I was this tall," and goes into 'Better Man.' 'Daughter' has an long, extended vocalization call-and-response with the crowd (like in Milan '00). 'Off He Goes' is dedicated to Anthony Hurley (one of the Roskilde victims). The strings come out again for 'Parting Ways.' The emerald green strat is the latest McCready victim at the end of 'Go.' 'Crazy Mary' has the solo from Zep's 'Stairway to Heaven' overlaid at the end. 'Immortality' has the best Matt Cameron drum solo ever, which leads into 'Alive;' it seems to be more emotional for the audience than it does for the band with lots of smiles and they seem okay with it. Ed returns for the second encore alone, picks up the ukulele and says, "We're gonna play one original and then go into 'Heavy Metal Hits of the 70s'," and then proceeds to play Black Sabbath's 'Iron Man' on the ukulele (I know it's late and we're way freaked out but I am so not making this up). He then mentions how the song is written about some local folks, Bill Gates and Paul Allen, and goes into a surprisingly short rant on that subject. Following that song, Ed gives a pretty long political speech urging people to vote, but also focusing on local politics, telling the audience that the city of Seattle imposed draconian conditions on the concert being at the Arena, including tripling the band's security costs. He ties this into the Teen Dance Ordinance and dedicates 'TKAA' to the people fighting it. This goes into 'Baba,' and then Ed thanks the Chili Peppers, Matt Cameron, the other 3/4 of Soundgarden, Wellwater, and then says: "See you at the voting booth tomorrow ... if you don't vote, let them put that on your fuckin' gravestone: 'John Smith, he didn't vote'." 'YL' is a total band hugfest onstage, and features the 'Little Wing' tag again.
    Sweet! thanks everyone!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    DewieCox wrote:

Is there a mp3 of Red Light Green Light?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    metsfan wrote:
    _outlaw wrote:

one of favorite bootlegs

Awesome bootleg.

"Thank You" sounds great.
    By far my favorite PJ bootleg was this Chicago HOB benefit show.

When they went from PJ's Given to Fly to LZ's Going to California I was BLOWN away!!! Then Money and LIttle Sister were great, but I about peed my pants when they kicked into Fool in The Rain and THANK YOU!!!

Just, having Robert Plant on stage with my favorite band was just mind numbing. I mean seriously, this many years later and I still cannot properly put it into words what that meant for me. And I wasn't even there - I just have the boot.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Not sure how it would work with Ed's voice, but 'Thank You' might be my favourite Zep song. John Paul Jones owns that track.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V