altered Official Bootlegs

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I am pretty sure this has never happened...BUT...if it did would you be upset. I started thinking about the Philly shows and how I wouldn't want anything changed. Things were changed from Unplugged as we know... but that was a re-release...so...would you be upset?

I will be the first to answer...YES...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• they already do it........the SLC boot from this year omits the entire proposal that occured during the concert
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • The actually edited "Arc" from the 9 shows they played it at in 03. I was a little upset about that.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    I Won't Back Down from the original Gorge shows (not the box set)

Oceans from MTV Unplugged
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,668

Pearl Jam has been editing Oceans out of every damn concert I go to!
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    MG79478 wrote:

Pearl Jam has been editing Oceans out of every damn concert I go to!
    lol i couldnt help but laugh at that
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    I hate it when they alter Official Bootlegs. Say you bought the first release then year's later a 2nd release happens which includes those missing tracks. Though hearing & seeing of what happened to those '06 iTunes & bonus Backspacer tracks that were available for download via mp3 they were missing many, many tracks from each show.
  • demetrios wrote:
    I hate it when they alter Official Bootlegs. Say you bought the first release then year's later a 2nd release happens which includes those missing tracks. Though hearing & seeing of what happened to those '06 iTunes & bonus Backspacer tracks that were available for download via mp3 they were missing many, many tracks from each show.
    Yeah! No Black Diamond from MSG - WTF!? I thought I dreamed it for a second!
    Why go home?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    demetrios wrote:

eh?
  • Brisk. wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

eh?
    :roll: :roll: what they smoke there??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Brisk. wrote:

eh?
    :roll: :roll: what they smoke there??

:?

Ah, we are smoking the good stuff. What are you two smoking? The NYC 6/25/08 mp3 download that was available for free when you purchased the CD Backspacer did not include Black Diamond. All 11 show's (that were available to download, if you had purchased the Backspacer CD or through iTunes) were missing a track or 2. Did you download any of the free bonus concerts with Pearl Jam's Backspacer CD? :|
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    demetrios wrote:

Ah, we are smoking the good stuff. What are you two smoking? The NYC 6/25/08 mp3 download that was available for free when you purchased the CD Backspacer did not include Black Diamond. All 11 show's (that were available to download, if you had purchased the Backspacer CD or through iTunes) were missing a track or 2. Did you download any of the free bonus concerts with Pearl Jam's Backspacer CD? :|

oh i didnt realise with those they missed those tracks... why did they do that for?
    Brisk. wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

oh i didnt realise with those they missed those tracks... why did they do that for?

Not to sure. I guess they didn't want any cover songs on this free promotion.
  • First PJ concert I ever got to attend and first PJ bootleg I ever bought -- Philadelphia (actually Camden!) 9/1/00. I KNOW they played "Satan's Bed" that night but it's nowhere on the boot. :wtf: I think it got edited because of space/time limitations on the CD's.
    a fool not a fucking god ....
  • First PJ concert I ever got to attend and first PJ bootleg I ever bought -- Philadelphia (actually Camden!) 9/1/00. I KNOW they played "Satan's Bed" that night but it's nowhere on the boot. :wtf: I think it got edited because of space/time limitations on the CD's.

They did not play it...

Sometimes
    Last Exit
    Animal
    Red Mosquito
    Grievance
    Light Years
    Dissident
    Given To Fly
    Even Flow
    Wishlist(Save it for Later)
    Better Man
    Present Tense
    Corduroy
    Spin The Black Circle
    Daughter(Androgynous Mind)(Hold On)
    Black
    Insignificance
    Go
    Encore 1
    Breath
    Tremor Christ
    Once
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Jeremy
    Whipping
    Do The Evolution
    Crazy Mary
    Porch
    Encore 2
    Yellow Ledbetter

They didn't play Satan's Bed at all in 2000. You must have been hallucinating.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The actually edited "Arc" from the 9 shows they played it at in 03. I was a little upset about that.

They kept those out out of respect for the 9 people that died.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:
    The actually edited "Arc" from the 9 shows they played it at in 03. I was a little upset about that.

I thought it was b/c of something to do with the soundboard and the way it was recorded...
    If that is the reason, then I completely understand.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    they already do it........the SLC boot from this year omits the entire proposal that occured during the concert

Probably didnt want to include royalty payments to the happy couple. Hell, having Ed sing Just Breathe for you should be enough, but if the poor dude ever lost his resaurant he would be forced to live off of the monthly checks sent from Seattle. ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

I thought it was b/c of something to do with the soundboard and the way it was recorded...
    If that is the reason, then I completely understand.

No it was for the respect of the 9 people. Unless there's another reason. That's the reason I know of.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    I like to have the COMPLETE bootlegs without any editing thing, but I guess that's something common amongst the bootlegs
    México 24/11/2011
  • May be offtopic. But I don't like it that they re-recorded stuff for Lost Dogs either.

I don't like the Georige Lucas-esque changing of the history or editing (as on Lost Dogs, Bootlegs, The Unplugged show or even Imagine In Cornice)

Not a fan of it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"