Backspacer

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited January 2010 in The Porch
is my favorite Pearl Jam album.

Before they were all like children, but now those children grew up and moved on, and Backspacer, well.. its my baby.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    Backspacer kind of feels like an illegitimate child to me.
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Steveo wrote:

You know, over these last few years, I've come to think of you as a sort of son. Not a favourite son, of course -- lord, no! -- more a sort of illegitimate backstairs sort of sprog, you know: a sort of spotty squib that nobody really likes. But, nonetheless, still fruit of my overactive loin. (From Blackadder)

For the record, I really like Backspacer, just couldn't resist dropping this quote into the mix.
  • Steveo wrote:

You know, over these last few years, I've come to think of you as a sort of son. Not a favourite son, of course -- lord, no! -- more a sort of illegitimate backstairs sort of sprog, you know: a sort of spotty squib that nobody really likes. But, nonetheless, still fruit of my overactive loin. (From Blackadder)

For the record, I really like Backspacer, just couldn't resist dropping this quote into the mix.

:lol: such a blokey quote,but still funny..................seems like Ed and the boys have really grown....Backspacer is one of their best by far ;)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    CazzaBGirl wrote:
    Steveo wrote:

:lol: such a blokey quote,but still funny..................seems like Ed and the boys have really grown....Backspacer is one of their best by far ;)

Ripped off fron the final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth. One of the great tv shows of our time:

Pt 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7bIGhTBTE
    Pt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99MfrhY2iHc
    Pt 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsNRLxlBQRM (quote is 1:40)
  • Backspacer is still pretty awful in my opinion. By far their worst album. It still rates as a 9 out of 10 against all the other crap out there these days, but Riot Act is the only other PJ album that anyone could even possibly make the argument Backspacer is better than.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Love it. Have loved it since day 1 and will always love it.