This song rocks the shit out of me.

This really should be the next single.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    song's fucking great.
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    I was going to start this very same thread :thumbup:

Such a cool tune. The music is so great.
  • snipes824 wrote:
    song's fucking great.

i love this song too!!!! ive seen other ppl on here bagging it out :roll: each to their own is my rules

johnny rocks!
    Maybe, someday another child
    Won't feel as alone as she does

i swear i reconize your breath
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Love this song. It ROCKS!
  • worst song on the record imo
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    worst song on the record imo

See, in an odd way I agree with this statement...but I think the song is awesome, so that tells you something.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    BinFrog wrote:

See, in an odd way I agree with this statement...but I think the song is awesome, so that tells you something.

I think I agree with both of you... musically I love it and think it rocks, but lyrically it's B-side material at best. That being said, feel free to ignore my thoughts, I'm someone who doesn't like the album at all (sadly, my favorite part of the album is the breakdown in Supersonic, followed by Force of Nature, the song all the Backspacer lovers don't like... go figure lol)
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    awesome track!!!!
    danny d
  • cajunkiwi wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

I think I agree with both of you... musically I love it and think it rocks, but lyrically it's B-side material at best. That being said, feel free to ignore my thoughts, I'm someone who doesn't like the album at all (sadly, my favorite part of the album is the breakdown in Supersonic, followed by Force of Nature, the song all the Backspacer lovers don't like... go figure lol)

i agree with you, force of nature is my favorite, but i think backspacer is their weakest effort (not that its bad tho, just the 9th best)
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Yeah. Great song. One of the best songs on the album.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Freaky- I just woke up singing this song!
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    It's growing on me quickly!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • I think I kind of like it, but need it to grow on me some more. Like much of Backspacer, I think it ends too soon.

I really like Backspacer (maybe my 5th or 6th fav PJ album?) and Force of Nature, by the way.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    It was the first song that got stuck in my head & it is my favourite. It is so cool but you wold expect that from the coolest band out there. Which girl comes to you in your dreams?
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • No WayNo Way Posts: 39
    LOVED this song from the moment I heard it. This particular experiment of theirs really clicked with me. Every time I hear it now it makes me wanna jump up and start dancing around. :D
    I just need someone to be there for . . . me
    I just want someone to be there for . . .
  • sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    BALLBOY wrote:
    It was the first song that got stuck in my head & it is my favourite. It is so cool but you wold expect that from the coolest band out there. Which girl comes to you in your dreams?

Doesn't matter.
    That's what I like about this song. It's different for Ed. Maybe because I'm a reader.
    I like a "mystery" song.
    It doesn't always have to be about the wife, or the ex., etc.
    I like not knowing.
    Because usually, I know.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I like this song musically but it kinda bugs me ilyrically in a way b/c it's like a white boys attempt at ebonics. EVonics...hee hee.
    Now Johnny he be havin lots of women.....the reason he be smilin known to him.
    hmmmm :roll:

And what's 'foriginal' sin???