PJ/SG dream show setlist

FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
edited January 2010 in The Porch
So I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but ever since the news broke about Soundgarden reuniting, my mind has been racing about the timeline for a Soundgarden album/tour, and a preceding or subsequent continuation of the PJ Backspacer tour. Now I know that chances are they won't tour together exclusively or extensively in 2010, and what if there's only one show with both on the same bill? What would this show look like? Where would it be held? Here's my opinion:

September 2010 -- Key Arena Seattle

Show starts at 7, with Soundgarden taking the stage from 7:20-8:50

Set 1: Rusty Cage, Burden in my Hand, Spoonman, Jesus Christ Pose, Superunknown, Fell on Black Days, My Wave, The Day I tried to Live, Pretty Noose, Kickstand, Blow Up the Outside World
Encore: Black Hole Sun (with Mike McCready), Outshined (with Mike McCready)

Pearl Jam takes the stage at 9:10

Set 1: Long Road, Hail Hail, Animal, Given To Fly, Porch, In Hiding, Daughter, Corduroy, Last Exit, Do the Evolution, Off He Goes, Leash, Jeremy, Betterman
Set 2: Oceans, Faithfull, Nothing As it Seems, Sleight of Hand, Even Flow, Why Go, Inside Job, Alive

Encore: Soon Forget (EV and Chris Cornell acoustic), Society (EV and Chris), Say Hello2Heaven (Ed, Chris, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt), Hunger Strike (same as Say Hello2Heaven), Rockin' in the Free World (everybody from SG and PJ).

Show ends around 12:15. Everyone drives home safely.
"FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• perfect
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    Man we are a silly flock.....we dream big dreams. Most would consider us pathetic. But we don't care.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    And Matt rips it on the drums all night....
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    How about Times of Trouble and Footsteps back-to-back? Lol
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • every time i see "SG," i think of the guitar...not the band.

that's all...carry on.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • JM4830 wrote:
    Man we are a silly flock.....we dream big dreams. Most would consider us pathetic. But we don't care.

Well as the great Willy Wonka once said..."We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

(only in this case they are the music makers)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Set 1: Rusty Cage, Burden in my Hand, Spoonman, Jesus Christ Pose, Superunknown, Fell on Black Days, My Wave, The Day I tried to Live, Pretty Noose, Kickstand, Blow Up the Outside World

You know ... Soundgarden did have a few albums prior to Badmotorfinger ... right? ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Yes, some of the songs were left out. I also realized afterward that I omitted Riot Act and Backspacer. Let's remove some songs and replace with better ones. I should have included Marker in the Sand. If this show were to happen, and you were there, what song would make it worth it for you?

Also, the poster for this show would be the Klausen to end all Klausens.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    every time i see "SG," i think of the guitar...not the band.

that's all...carry on.

Everytime I read "carry on" I think of the mediocre album. :lol:
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I think a perfect encore during a PJ/Soundgarden show would be........

Call me a Dog, Say Hello To Heaven, Footsteps, Hungerstrike, Reach Down.

Am I crazy to say McCready should rip November Hotel as a finale instead of one of the regular songs?

I would love to hear River of Deceit but I don't thing even Ed or Chris could do Layne justice on this song.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • every time i see "SG," i think of the guitar...not the band.

that's all...carry on.

Everytime I read "carry on" I think of the mediocre album. :lol:

and every time i hear or read or say that's all, i think of meryl streep in the devil wears prada.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Call me a Dog, Say Hello To Heaven, Footsteps, Hungerstrike, Reach Down.

I like that encore better as well actually. Heavy Temple of the Dog. If you're gonna dream, you gotta dream big.
  • just in case you didn't know, Soundgarden does have a few albums prior to Badmotorfinger. where's Beyond the Wheel, Louder Than Love, Big Dumb Sex, Nothing to Say, etc. this looks like a festival setlist for someone who hooked to SG during 1991. also PJ has an album named Backspacer just in case you didn't notice, so where are the backspacer songs in this setlist? I also doubt it will take PJ 3 hours to go through 27 songs(insert laugh) c'mon dude, 14 songs in the 1st set??!! (still laughing) :D
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • just in case you didn't know, Soundgarden does have a few albums prior to Badmotorfinger. where's Beyond the Wheel, Louder Than Love, Big Dumb Sex, Nothing to Say, etc. this looks like a festival setlist for someone who hooked to SG during 1991. also PJ has an album named Backspacer just in case you didn't notice, so where are the backspacer songs in this setlist? I also doubt it will take PJ 3 hours to go through 27 songs(insert laugh) c'mon dude, 14 songs in the 1st set??!! (still laughing) :D

40 songs total, 13 Soundgarden, 23 PJ, 2 Temple of the Dog, one Ed solo song and a Neil cover. From 7:20 to 12:15. That's unreasonable? Okay, so we bring in David Cross and the Flight of the Conchords to come in and ham it up in between.

I did pass over Backspacer. I did leave off the first two Soundgarden albums. Yes. I also said it was a dream.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Matt's gonna be one tired mofo if these Soundgarden opening for Pearl Jam or Pearl Jam opening for Soundgarden show's happen this year.
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    So I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but ever since the news broke about Soundgarden reuniting, my mind has been racing about the timeline for a Soundgarden album/tour, and a preceding or subsequent continuation of the PJ Backspacer tour. Now I know that chances are they won't tour together exclusively or extensively in 2010, and what if there's only one show with both on the same bill? What would this show look like? Where would it be held? Here's my opinion:

September 2010 -- Key Arena Seattle

Pearl Jam takes the stage at 9:10

Set 1: Long Road, Hail Hail, Animal, Given To Fly, Porch, In Hiding, Daughter, Corduroy, Last Exit, Do the Evolution, Off He Goes, Leash, Jeremy, Betterman
    Set 2: Oceans, Faithfull, Nothing As it Seems, Sleight of Hand, Even Flow, Why Go, Inside Job, Alive

Encore: Soon Forget (EV and Chris Cornell acoustic), Society (EV and Chris), Say Hello2Heaven (Ed, Chris, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt), Hunger Strike (same as Say Hello2Heaven), Rockin' in the Free World (everybody from SG and PJ).

Show ends around 12:15. Everyone drives home safely.

Sounds absolutely awesome
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009