Need help with lyrics for speech

howIchoose2feelhowIchoose2feel Posts: 365
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Hello everyone - Happy New Year! An unusual request. My son's bar mitzvah is next sat. and towards the end of the service I will be called up to congratulate him and give a little speech. There are so many wonderful lyrics circling in my head that I would like to use when closing, many of them coming from unthought known, but thought perhaps one of you would have another suggestion, He is a fantastic kid. probably no one will recognize the lyrics(their loss) but I'll know what inspired me. Thanks!
The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Any line from Ditry Frank, or Blood :D
    This too shall pass.....
  • 5against1- wrote:
    Any line from Ditry Frank, or Blood :D

Now why didn't I think of that ;)

• MASMAS Posts: 630
    That's a tough one! I was trying to think of some PJ lyrics that could be appropriate for a Bar Mitzvah speech.... and I'm not even Jewish!!LOL one that jumped out at me was from Light Years "We were but stones, your light made us stars..."
    I always thought that was the most profound compliment I ever heard someone give...maybe that could apply and be a nice way to conclude your speech?
  • I Am Mine is about becoming more independant, perhaps a line from there?
  • I know I was born I know I will die, the in between is mine. That's my motto. However, I don't think it will be well received by the rest of the congregation! Fuck em if they can't take a joke? Seriously, I think I will play it safe and wish that the sky shower him with gems and rhinestones. I get choked up every time I think of saying that. The crowd may question where I came up with that, but I'll know.

• how about something from breath?

step out off your porch.......go see the world...a breath and it's gone...........
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."