Options

Yet another THANK YOU to Demetrios

JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I had mentioned in several posts that I was interested in getting the Eddie Vedder Batman poster, and even had several people step up and offer to pick it up at the shows they were going to, since I couldn't get it at mine (wife was feeling ill, so we had to leave before I could get back in line after the show).

Anyway, in typical D fashion, he made that dream a reality, freebie-style. The poster arrived today, and I could not be more thankful for his constant and ongoing generosity.

Thank you D! You are one of a kind

And, MODERATORS, thank you for rethinking his lifetime ban. He is an asset to this forum, and his and Roger's absences left a gaping hole. Thanks for overturning the bans! Kat, thanks for the meaningful and respectful dialogue at that time, as well!

Andy
For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    JamilyMan wrote:
    I had mentioned in several posts that I was interested in getting the Eddie Vedder Batman poster, and even had several people step up and offer to pick it up at the shows they were going to, since I couldn't get it at mine (wife was feeling ill, so we had to leave before I could get back in line after the show).

Anyway, in typical D fashion, he made that dream a reality, freebie-style. The poster arrived today, and I could not be more thankful for his constant and ongoing generosity.

Thank you D! You are one of a kind

And, MODERATORS, thank you for rethinking his lifetime ban. He is an asset to this forum, and his and Roger's absences left a gaping hole. Thanks for overturning the bans! Kat, thanks for the meaningful and respectful dialogue at that time, as well!

Andy

Right on. Good man D. That's cool of you.
  • Options
    I also want to thank D for sending me 4 awesome DVD's at no cost. D is top notch. Thanks man!
  • Options
    pearl jam dvd bootlegs

there, i said it.
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,419
    hell yeah i'm amazed at how he just gives & gives and he would never ask for anything in return :D .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    You're very welcome Andy! :)

I'm suprised it took so long. Sent via Expresspost with tracking style. Hopefully now that there is a change of power, customs will work more faster then ever before! At least it got to it's home safe! :)
  • Options
    hell yeah i'm amazed at how he just gives & gives and he would never ask for anything in return :D .....

There's something that i've alway's wanted, but that wish will never come true. Didn't get it last year, and it won't happen again this year. Life goes on Jose!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,419
    demetrios wrote:
    There's something that i've alway's wanted, but that wish will never come true. Didn't get it last year, and it won't happen again this year. Life goes on Jose!

I hope i can repay you back sometime in the future :D ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    demetrios wrote:

Whats that?
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    JamilyMan wrote:

Andy
    :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

D, since you have never shared with me what that is, despite my efforts to learn, I will have no choice but to assume that you are desperately seeking that underground, forbidden tape of Alice, Sam the Butcher and Tiger doing very disturbing things on the artificial turf in the Brady's backyard?!?

I have yet to track that down... but when I do, a copy is certainly heading your way, my friend.
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:
    D, since you have never shared with me what that is, despite my efforts to learn, I will have no choice but to assume that you are desperately seeking that underground, forbidden tape of Alice, Sam the Butcher and Tiger doing very disturbing things on the artificial turf in the Brady's backyard?!?

I have yet to track that down... but when I do, a copy is certainly heading your way, my friend.

I want that tape, passion style! :p

hahaha
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    demetrios wrote:
    I want that tape, passion style! :p

hahaha

Demetrios - you've obviously been around a lot long than I, but in the short time I've been here its clear you're doing a lot of cool things for a lot of cool people, so glad to see you're gettin props
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Hey, D...can you get me Jeff Ament for Christmas? Thanks. :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    hey d , don't know you, but you seem like a pretty cool guy. so, if amentschick gets jeff for christmas, can i get an official cd/dvd from ed's toronto 2 show?

thanks!
  • Options
    hey d , don't know you, but you seem like a pretty cool guy. so, if amentschick gets jeff for christmas, can i get an official cd/dvd from ed's toronto 2 show?

thanks!

HAHAHAHA...Hey! It was worth a shot!

• Options
    Hey, D...can you get me Jeff Ament for Christmas? Thanks. :D

Sign me up for the next Pearl Jam DVD night, and i'll call it a deal! ;)
  • Options

thanks!

An official CD/DVD of the night that brought me too tears? Let's hope 10club releases some or all of the Ed '08 experience for all of us to enjoy in the comfort of our homes.

:)
  • Options
    (Ok) wrote:
    Demetrios - you've obviously been around a lot long than I, but in the short time I've been here its clear you're doing a lot of cool things for a lot of cool people, so glad to see you're gettin props

Thanks! :)

You ain't seen nothing yet! ;)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Sign me up for the next Pearl Jam DVD night, and i'll call it a deal! ;)
    come over now! I gots my wine...gots my Showbox!!

• Options
    come over now! I gots my wine...gots my Showbox!!

If only I had tomorrow off. Got Tuesday off though (Rememberance Day). How close is Sandy Eggo to Halifax?
  • Options
    I hear good things all the time about Demetrios. It's nice to hear that we have people as generous as D in this world. Gives you a little hope.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    If only I had tomorrow off. Got Tuesday off though (Rememberance Day). How close is Sandy Eggo to Halifax?

opposite sides of the continent.

• Options
    opposite sides of the continent.

I'm Batman! Nothing is gonna stop me from watching a sweet Pearl Jam DVD with friends! :)
  • Options
    BinGnarly wrote:
    I hear good things all the time about Demetrios. It's nice to hear that we have people as generous as D in this world. Gives you a little hope.

Thanks! :)

Love the Harper quote! What Eric from White Ribbon Of Canada used here! ;)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=306853
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    demetrios wrote:
    An official CD/DVD of the night that brought me too tears? Let's hope 10club releases some or all of the Ed '08 experience for all of us to enjoy in the comfort of our homes.

:)
    an official release would be cool !!!!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i am looking forward to my ed poster from D arriving as well :)
    vic poster is on route to Nova Scotia!

a long bloody way from Sydney town :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Even though I didn't win anything, it was fun just being part of it. I was actually trying to win the poster for my son, since he took me to the Mansfield II concert, and I had the best time ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Demetrios your are an awesome person for someone I've never met. Keep having those contests they're fun :);)

D stepped it up even bigger than that. I didn't win the poster in a contest... he just read that I was searching for one to buy, and he hooked a brother up.

Rumor has it that one board member once mentioned that he needed a kidney, and the next day a cooler showed up from Nova Scotia on the guy's doorstep. D still has the scars to prove it!