self titled lp

garland09garland09 Posts: 833
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I've gotten an oppurtunity to get a sealed copy of the vinyl and am curious what everyones opinion of what fair market value is for the lp.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    75 bucks?
  • garland09garland09 Posts: 833
    $80 seem reasonable?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    WOW i don't know how self titled became so expensive at the same level as no code or riot act! A year ago i bought a sealed one for $45 shipping included! Well it is what it is :P
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • I want one of those! i am trying to get all of the pj albums on vinyl so far i have Ten, Vitalogy and Backspacer
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    $80, really? Mine still has the price tag on it -- $18.99 bought brand new from the record store (it has since been opened and played, of course). Guess that's why it's best to buy 'em when they're first released.

After getting No Code as a present for Christmas, all I need now is Binaural to wrap up my PJ studio albums collection. :D
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    $80, really? Mine still has the price tag on it -- $18.99 bought brand new from the record store (it has since been opened and played, of course). Guess that's why it's best to buy 'em when they're first released.

After getting No Code as a present for Christmas, all I need now is Binaural to wrap up my PJ studio albums collection. :D
    Nice xmas present 8-)
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    If pressing is deleted $80+
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    i would say 80 bucks to, not a bad price
  • The average price on eBay is about $80 sealed / $60 unsealed.
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    How about an unsealed Vs album? How much is that worth. My brother was cleaning out his closet and handed me that one. Very Nice!
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    Why are the vinyls worth so much? I understand the idea of owning a rarity, an item produced in small numbers, and that audiophiles think it sounds better..but is there anything else cool about them? No Code was awesome because of the giant polaroids and the fold-out cover..but Yield was really disappointing.. Just the LP and the sleeve with lyrics smaller than what came with the CD. The larger format didn't improve the packaging for that one. I haven't bought one since. Have I been missing anything, besides investment value?
  • ceska wrote:
    Why are the vinyls worth so much? I understand the idea of owning a rarity, an item produced in small numbers, and that audiophiles think it sounds better..but is there anything else cool about them? No Code was awesome because of the giant polaroids and the fold-out cover..but Yield was really disappointing.. Just the LP and the sleeve with lyrics smaller than what came with the CD. The larger format didn't improve the packaging for that one. I haven't bought one since. Have I been missing anything, besides investment value?

Everything since Yield has basically been a larger version of the CD, like No Code was. (Booklet included.)
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    I want one of those! i am trying to get all of the pj albums on vinyl so far i have Ten, Vitalogy and Backspacer

these are the three i have too - i think they're the easiest/cheapest to obtain...
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    ceska wrote:

Everything since Yield has basically been a larger version of the CD, like No Code was. (Booklet included.)

Thanks for letting me know, just ordered my Backspacer vinyl!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    I think we need to start up & organize a Pearl Jam Beckett magazine catalog series. Based on all official released goodies from Pearl Jam & 10club. Like each month's Beckett Baseball & Hockey mag's. Back in Junior High I used to collect them & check out the value of my hockey cards. Think it's about time we do it for Pearl Jam? I won't be surprised there's one from Kiss.

http://beta.beckett.com/
  • demetrios wrote:
    I think we need to start up & organize a Pearl Jam Beckett magazine catalog series. Based on all official released goodies from Pearl Jam & 10club. Like each month's Beckett Baseball & Hockey mag's. Back in Junior High I used to collect them & check out the value of my hockey cards. Think it's about time we do it for Pearl Jam? I won't be surprised there's one from Kiss.

http://beta.beckett.com/
    That would solve so many disputes in trades on the board here. Especially when Klausen's S/D results are released in the coming weeks...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,366
    Picked up a sealed one last week for 35. Just gotta be patient sometimes!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • I'll trade you my opened and played Self titled for....Benny or Lo2l :mrgreen:
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .