Options

EV Signature

craigbcraigb Posts: 806
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I got a PM from a non=posting fan, which said the following:

Hey, I was just wondering if you know anything about pearl jam signatures, or if you could post this on the forums, since i have no money to buy a membership?

I got this album and it appears to have a signature on it, and when viewed upsidedown it looks like an EV. Is this real or not, and if you dont know could you post this for me? Thanks

Pic
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1133780

Hopefully someone here can help this fan out, as I'm not too savvy w/ signatures.
"Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I've PM'ed the original buyer my opinions.

-Nate
  • Options
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck no :oops:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    craigb wrote:
    I got a PM from a non=posting fan, which said the following:

Hey, I was just wondering if you know anything about pearl jam signatures, or if you could post this on the forums, since i have no money to buy a membership?

I got this album and it appears to have a signature on it, and when viewed upsidedown it looks like an EV. Is this real or not, and if you dont know could you post this for me? Thanks

Pic
    http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1133780

Hopefully someone here can help this fan out, as I'm not too savvy w/ signatures.

whatever that is, it isn't a signature from any of the band members,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Anyway, what's the point of buying a signature on anything when it wasn't written for you in the first place?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Anyway, what's the point of buying a signature on anything when it wasn't written for you in the first place?

What's the point of anything that brings someone happiness. If they like to collect signatures, then good for them.

What's the point of collecting Pez Dispensers? I have no fucking idea, but some people love that hobby, so good for them.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Ok. *shrugs*
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    Doesnt look like the one I've got.
  • Options
    justam wrote:

people are so weird. that's why.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
    craigb wrote:

If you rotate the image @ 180 degrees it looks like the name of the artist who signed the CD starts with a GAY!
  • Options
    justam wrote:

I got one of the footys kicked out by the band, signed, into the crowd at the Perth 2006 show, does that make it any less valuable to me because they didn't sign it specifically for me?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    TM248419 wrote:
    Doesnt look like the one I've got.

+1........ Sorry Bro.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    no
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    justam wrote:

I got one of the footys kicked out by the band, signed, into the crowd at the Perth 2006 show, does that make it any less valuable to me because they didn't sign it specifically for me?

No. That is fucking awesome. Some people are just weird and they will never understand. I no longer try to explain it to them.
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    justam wrote:

No. That is fucking awesome. Some people are just weird and they will never understand. I no longer try to explain it to them.

yeah its silly isnt it?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}