Options

Rockland Bakery on Sunday

JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
edited August 2008 in The Porch
As I was returning to Philly from the Boston II show, we strayed from our route and ended up in the Rockland Bakery. I was wearing a Pearl Jam shirt, and was approached by a couple who are also fans. We talked about PJ and the Eddie shows, and I shared what the show I attended was like, and the couple said that they were heading to one of the NY shows.

Getting back in the car, my wife laughed at how the PJ community always seem to find one another and have something to talk about. She then laughed and asked if I thought the people we met were in the 10C - or posting in the pit. Clearly I had no idea, as we didn't talk about those things...

...so, I am wondering - are you here? I imagine the title of this thread would catch your attention if you are here. Let me know.

For everyone else, if you are in the Rockland/Nyack part of NY, go check out this bakery! It is amazing!

Take care
For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I used to live in Rockland and this is a tasty bakery!!
  • Options
    prsntnseprsntnse Posts: 155
    JamilyMan wrote:
    As I was returning to Philly from the Boston II show, we strayed from our route and ended up in the Rockland Bakery. I was wearing a Pearl Jam shirt, and was approached by a couple who are also fans. We talked about PJ and the Eddie shows, and I shared what the show I attended was like, and the couple said that they were heading to one of the NY shows.

Getting back in the car, my wife laughed at how the PJ community always seem to find one another and have something to talk about. She then laughed and asked if I thought the people we met were in the 10C - or posting in the pit. Clearly I had no idea, as we didn't talk about those things...

...so, I am wondering - are you here? I imagine the title of this thread would catch your attention if you are here. Let me know.

For everyone else, if you are in the Rockland/Nyack part of NY, go check out this bakery! It is amazing!

Take care

It caught my eye, but it wasn't me. I live a mile or so down the road. Me and my wife also went to both boston shows. Yes it is a great bakery, it's in nanuet. Small world, you could have stopped by my house for a beer instead of a roll.
    2000- Jones Beach III
    2003- Nassau coliseum, MSG I, MSG II
    2006- Hartford, E. Ruth I, E. Ruth II,
    2008- W. Palm, Tampa, Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2008- E.V. solo - Boston I, Boston II,NYC I,Newark Stone - Brooklyn
    2009- Chicago I & II,Philly III & IV E.V. solo- Albany II, Philly II
    2010- Hartford, Newark, MSG I & II
    2011- Tres Mtns. - Ed solo-Beacon I & II - Alpine Valley I & II
    2013- Hartford, Philly I & II, Brooklyn I & II, London Ont
    2016- Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly I&II, MSG I&II
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    i use to live in orangeberg....i LOVED going to that bakery. I'm about to move to texas...maybe i should make another visit before leaving dirty jersey...but who will come with me just for bread?!?!
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08