Benaroya Hall

youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Just noticed this. In the tour section of the homepage under 10/22/03, You've got to Hide Your Love Away is the end of the 1st encore. Did they play that song live that night and it was edited off the boot or is this just a mistake? Maybe someone who was there could give some insight. Thanks.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I believe it was the tag on Daughter.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Just noticed this. In the tour section of the homepage under 10/22/03, You've got to Hide Your Love Away is the end of the 1st encore. Did they play that song live that night and it was edited off the boot or is this just a mistake? Maybe someone who was there could give some insight. Thanks.

To be honest it is probably a stretch to call the tag "You've got to hide your love away" because it isn't even close to Ed's cover of the Beatles song, but the above poster is exactly right, it does come as the Daughter tag. Ed does his "You, you, you know my name...look up my number" line or something similar a few times. Then he says "You've got to hide your love away" a couple of times, then "You don't have to hide your love away." Then about 20 "heys."

I love Benaroya and was lucky enough to be there for this show, but I've seen stronger Daughter tags.

Hope this helps!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Washed wrote:

To be honest it is probably a stretch to call the tag "You've got to hide your love away" because it isn't even close to Ed's cover of the Beatles song, but the above poster is exactly right, it does come as the Daughter tag. Ed does his "You, you, you know my name...look up my number" line or something similar a few times. Then he says "You've got to hide your love away" a couple of times, then "You don't have to hide your love away." Then about 20 "heys."

I love Benaroya and was lucky enough to be there for this show, but I've seen stronger Daughter tags.

Hope this helps!

Yes it does. I was curious because on most of the other setlists when Ed does a tag it will have a / ie: Betterman/Save it for later/Another Brick in the Wall. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) is a Beatles song, too. So there are two "tags" on that Daughter.
  • Just a sublime little jam out.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925